• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Six including the timeline where Cap got married and later returned.

As for Thanos there's some stuff to consider

• Thanos didn't really want to kill anyone he didn't need to before he snapped in IW
  • Thor got the drop on Thanos in IW and at the star of Endgame
  • Captain Marvel seemed to be glowing more in their rematch but that's admittedly a very thin justification
  • Thor at the beginning of IW had just come from his fight with Hela, so its not like he was in peak form
  • Thanos was unarmored and unarmed for most of IW
So in Endgame we have a Thanos willing to just kill everyone, has full combat gear on, and a weapon that allows him to clash with Stormbreaker in combat.

Also we're gonna need to probably downgrade Stormbreaker. According to WoG it was built to specifically counter the IG and considering it couldn't one shot a High 6-B weapon, it seems like a specific type of anti-hax.

^Yeah, and he has prep time, which may explain how he was able to keep up with Thor, although I still believe Thor is nerfed in Endgame.

But he does not have prep for Wanda, since Nebula wasn't there to show him what happened during their clash on Earth. Wanda and Marvel, unfortunately for him, are actually the biggest threats and not Thor

I was expecting more versatile usage of the Gauntlet though. The power of the mind stone and soul stone was never explored

@JackJoyce Yeah the portrayal of the Gauntlet was disappointing. Probably the worst, IMO, even more so than Grandmaster's and his portrayal in the MCU already makes me sick.

Should we also calculate how much of the explosion Ant-Man was taking? He had a very small surface area. If it isn't above Tier 9 then it probably isn't an outlier.

Why downgrade stormbreaker? Thor was damage controlled to the max in this film. That's an outlier. Stormbreaker also isnt a counter to the IG. It's that strong and once again he was nerfed to shit

Makes you think just how advanced the seemingly outdated Asgardian weapons huh. Here's Tony and his super laser that he can't use willy-nilly because it'll drain him dead, unable to penetrate the space worm's armor.

And then there's Valkyrie with an Asgardian sword slicing through said worm armor like it's a lightsaber through a loaf of bread.

Its a shame that thanos is weaker here than in IW. It kinda shows he isnt All that much without the gauntlet. Still top tier.

He's physically among the top, but he's well established to be a simple brick with smarts and fighting technique. Good against the likes of Thor, Cap and Iron Man who tend to melee, but shit against Wanda who fights at range.

If anything, the big 3 could've beaten him by death of a thousand ranged attacks, but the emotional aspect of it just made them go at it up close.

Also, this movie plays up just how powerful he is without the stones. In that he's more than a match for a Thor-amped Cap, Iron Man in his best suit and not a contingency like in Infinity War, and a nerfed Thormbreaker.

Weaker? He still hauled ass and gave back a beating in fights where it looked like he was losing like Cap with Mjolnir.

Ovrhide said:
Its a shame that thanos is weaker here than in IW. It kinda shows he isnt All that much without the gauntlet. Still top tier.
Actually they nerfed Hulk and Thor while making Carol and Wanda OP AF

Wanda was always that OP. Carol is questionable because she got knocked out of the battlefield in her first encounter and then powered up for the second.

Natse said:
Wanda was always that OP. Carol is questionable because she got knocked out of the battlefield in her first encounter and then powered up for the second.
Wanda should be OP. Just Captain Marvel has not performed enough other than busting some ships, which is better than Leviathans... Which are Chitauri tier.

Another thing: I hate how little Doctor Strange has contributed other than providing the plot - despite plot is ironically the main reason the Avengers can win.

The movie was absolutely epic. Though the first half was a little slow but I was hooting, cheering and clapping for the most part during the second half. Really enjoyed it.

And I think Stormbreaker overpowering the stones in Infinity War was an outlier since Thanos was able to overpower both the Stormbreaker and Mjolnir on his own. Thor is depicted to be physically weaker than Hulk, as Hulk said none of them could survive the reaction from the stones after the snap. Wanda was able to overpower Thanos, while Captain Marvel is the strongest amongst all of them. And somehow, Iron Man performed better against Thanos with the gauntlet than base Thanos.

Tbh, I think the scaling was a complete mess in Infinity War and Endgame combined.

AKM sama said:
Thor is depicted to be physically weaker than Hulk, as Hulk said none of them could survive the reaction from the stones after the snap.
I'd like to think Thor is not only physically incapable because of his condition, but he is also not mentally capable since even Tony didn't want him to do it.

AKM sama said:
The movie was absolutely epic. Though the first half was a little slow but I was hooting, cheering and clapping for the most part during the second half. Really enjoyed it.

And I think Stormbreaker overpowering the stones in Infinity War was an outlier since Thanos was able to overpower both the Stormbreaker and Mjolnir on his own. Thor is depicted to be physically weaker than Hulk, as Hulk said none of them could survive the reaction from the stones after the snap. Wanda was able to overpower Thanos, while Captain Marvel is the strongest amongst all of them. And somehow, Iron Man performed better against Thanos with the gauntlet than base Thanos.

Tbh, I think the scaling was a complete mess in Infinity War and Endgame combined.
Someone above suggested Stormbreaker was specifically designed to fight the IG.

Thor was fat, and far weaker than before.

Scarlet Witch > Captain Marvel imo, Thanos needed help against Scarlet Witch while he seemed to be slightly superior to Captain Marvel

In terms of physical strength, Infinity War Thanos didn't grow stronger. He was also not going for the kill when using the IG

I hope Marvel doesn't go further towards politics after Endgame. Movies with political messages often suck, even if said messages are good imo. Idk why.

@Spino

Where was it stated that Stormbreaker would react differently to the stones' power? Imagine stormbreaker powering its way through a 5-A attack just to get blocked by base Thanos' weapon and hands

Thor was a little weaker, yes. But with the Stormbreaker and Mjolnir, he should still have an edge against base Thanos given the previous performance of Stormbreaker against IG Thanos, which I now think is an outlier.

Captain Marvel was physically able to overpower Thanos and started dominating him during their arm struggle. She didn't even budge from that headbutt and Thanos had to use the power stone to get rid of her. Yes, Wanda was able to overpower Thanos with her powers, I'm not arguing against that but she couldn't protect herself from one blast of his ship while Carol took the full brunt of the fire. They both are pretty even on the offensive side, but Carol holds a great defensive advantage.

@Natse

Hulk said "You guys saw what it did to Thanos. It nearly killed him. None of you would be able to survive that."

I think it's pretty clear what he meant.

Someone put a link above I think.

Probably, yeah.

Wanda is a glass cannon, she's just 10-B in terms of physical durability. We're talking about AP. Thanos couldn't even do anything against Wanda. Meanwhile vs Captain Marvel, Thanos first chucked her aside, then she grabbed Thanos's arm when he tried to snap (remember the IG will injure your arm), Thanos tries to headbutt her while having an injured and restrained arm and trying to snap at the same time, and then just blasts her away with the Power Stone.

That link doesn't say Stormbreaker was made to counter the IG. It just says it's the greatest weapon.

Thanos first chucking her aside means nothing when she really showed off her powers later. IG doesn't injure Thanos' arm when he only puts it on, he is able to take that much. Thanos is depicted to be physically weaker than Carol, that much is irrefutable.

Back