• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
This is a somewhat straightforward revision, so I won't waste too much time in the introduction.

1: Mid-Tiers

• Base Season 3 Aang should be upgraded to Large Building level based off of his airbending partially blocking one of Combustion Man's explosions, which I've recalc'ed at Large Building level+
  • Season 3 Base Zuko's firebending was also able to partially match one of Combustion Ma, which means he scales to Large Building level alongside the others. While boosted by Sozin's Comet, he is considerably stronger than normal firebenders, who are Large Building level. He also matches Azula, who is this strong. So City Block level for him.
  • Toph could easily shatter the armor of a firebender during Sozin's Comet, making her High 8-C. This scales to King Bumi.
2: High-Tiers

• Iroh scales to Ozai, so he also gets City Block level.
3: God-Tiers

• I believe Teen Aang with his Avatar State shouldn't scale to feats from vastly more skilled and powerful Avatars at all, seeing as Roku's Avatar State is confirmed to be initially much stronger than Aang's. Aang has a 7-C feat in his fight with Ozai, so that's what he would be downgraded to.
  • However, Adult Aang should definitely scale to 7-B.
Summary

• Everyone worth something in Book 3 gets upgraded to High 8-C.
  • Ozai, Aang and Iroh are 8-B
  • All experienced Avatars become 7-B with the Avatar State, with Child Aang being 7-C and 7-B as an adult.

Seems fine, although I'm a little skeptical about the 7-B Volcano feat. Is there evidence that this feat is legit, and not just a scene used for cinematic purposes during a flashback.

It looks good.

But can you explain the Toph part? How is shattering an armor of a fire bender during Sozin's comet making her large building level?

I agree with this. I'm slightly iffy of scaling Iroh to Ozai tho.

@Dziga

Roku was remembering what other Avatars had done with the Avatar State

@AKM

Toph could defeat Sozin's Comet firebenders, is what I mean

We might also want to see how this affects Korra.

Again, non comet boosted Sozin has an 8-B feat (calc'd by Kka) as an old man. So the peak benders like Azula, Iroh, and S3 Zuko could scale to that.

I don't think that scales to Ozai, Zuko or Azula. Especially not Zuko and Azula.

Sozin was one of the strongest firebenders who ever lived.

I had to check real quick

I think we should consider upgrading just Katara for Book 1 'High 8-C' via the boost all water benders get from the moon.

It wasn't mentioned in the post, but pretty sure you know

Katara scales to Azula, so that is pretty consistent with High 8-C Katara as well.

Otherwise, seems fine.

I was thinking on Kyoshi island creation feat. The others avatars can take power-scalling with her feat? They are the same person, basically.

Dlanor O'Bell said:
I was thinking on Kyoshi island creation feat. The others avatars can take power-scalling with her feat? They are the same person, basically.
Yeah, that was awesome. I wonder how could that be calced though.

For the Kyoshi feat, I'm not sure on these sizes and this time, but I just did a quick calc based on a 2 mile wide by a mile tall cylinder of wet earth, being moved about a mile in half a minute, and got about 3*10^16 joules, so that would fit a 7-B feat

Kyoshi bending a significant amount of land mass and moved it at great distances. It was likely calc'd using Kinetic energy and got '''Large Town level''' as a result.

Koi fish Avatar State Aang's large wave of water, as a wedge of about 150 meters wide by 90 meters long by 30 meters tall, moving at 90 meters in 2 seconds, would be about 2.05*10^11 joules, so 8-B

AvidReaderJ said:
For the Kyoshi feat, I'm not sure on these sizes and this time, but I just did a quick calc based on a 2 mile wide by a mile tall cylinder of wet earth, being moved about a mile in half a minute, and got about 3*10^16 joules, so that would fit a 7-B feat
https://youtu.be/YHPOnWczkXc (0:17 is the moment who I'm talking about)

Aaah yes and what do you think about the fight of Zuko and Azula? They can be at least city-block or multi with those large flames that appeared in one moment of the fight?

Using the flames from 0:14, and a derivative of the equation here , that explosion looks to have a radius of about 74 meters, so has 7.665*10^10 joules of power, making that an 8-B feat

We don't use explosions for fire.

That said, blue fire burns hotter than any fire according to Iroh, so that is likely worth calc'ing.

I think we can give Aang a key as the Ocean Spirit.

Azula's flames are almost surely going to give good results, since Iroh stated that blue fire burns much hotter than any orange, yellow or red flame. Hottest natural flames can go up to 2,500 degrees.

Although, why doesn Iroh scale to Ozai? Just curious. Ozai is confirmed to be stronger I know, but Iroh did appear to be struggling against Azula iirc. Unless that's more so Iroh being another one of those gentle giants who hold back a lot. Zuko I know what legitimately winning against Azula until Azula caught him off guard with a dirty trick.

Well, I know that part. I'm just saying I don't know where it's stated for Iroh to be on par with Ozai. Zuke mentions him being the only one who stands a chance and even he's not sure of it, but then Iroh pretty much says later that he doesn't stand a chance against Ozai, and that the Avatar is the only one who can.

Back