• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I otherwise agree with your reasoning, but want to point out that the invulnerability page literally has a vid of someone getting hurt by high enough ap
This isn't actually true. It's a conceptual defense based on ranks, where ranks and AP are not always the same in the setting (although I believe for the purposes of debates we often equate them since they're usually correlated). But his power definitely treats it as a quality difference rather than a quantity one. Here's a quote from the Type-Moon wiki to explain what I mean:
For him to be damaged, he must be hit by A-rank attacks or above, requiring the opponent to have at least an A-rank "normal attack" registered through their Strength statistic, A-rank magecraft, or an A-rank Noble Phantasm. It only works based on rank and not numeral equivalents due to its "refusal" property that "goes beyond the rules of reality", meaning that, although a C-rank Noble Phantasm can be considered A or A+ rank in terms of a regular attack, it would still be nullified by God Hand. Even should an attack be capable of destroying the world, Saber believes it would be nullified should the rank be too low.[6][7][12]

The Azula comic that's coming out later this year has a description on Amazon.

I'm really iffy on whether Azula even deserves a chance at redemption. This is a person who put the idea of Earth Kingdom genocide in Ozai's head. Imagine if Ozai had succeeded? Would she still deserve a chance then?

Imagine if Ozai had succeeded? Would she still deserve a chance then?
Perhaps not. Although I feel like arguing about if someone is worth redeeming because of hypothetical outcomes isn't actually useful to reaching a good conclusion, otherwise, we'd have to hold every character accountable for stuff that didn't even happen. Would Zuko deserve redemption if he had succeeded in delivering Aang to Ozai? What about if Iroh's assault on Ba Sing Se had succeeded? These things didn't happen so we don't really hold it against Zuko or Iroh, even though the consequences would have resulted in extreme amounts of suffering and death.

The verse's speed has been improved and everyone has received ability additions. Let's keep the revision train rolling! Ocean Spirit Aang and Cosmic Korra should have their own keys.

To start with, the former should have large size (type 1 or maybe type 2), water manip, ice manip, divine union, and regeneration due to being able to merge with the ocean and come out somewhere else. Because it's made out of three different things (water, spirit-y stuff, and Aang), I'm not sure yet what to list for its physiology.

Heyo, so I was talking with Brack about upgrading Korra, Unalaq, Raava and Vaatu using 2-3 potential feats.

-The Ocean Spirits feat

-The Moon Spirit arguably controlling the planets water

-Harmonic Convergence shaking the planet

the first one has a calc here already I believe, we just either gotta recalc it or get the current one evaluated. But the last 2 or so we should look into as they could give potential upgrades I believe.

Found something noteworthy regarding Vaatu. The tabletop game confirms that he was going to cover the world in darkness during Harmonic Convergence, and not just over time. I also forgot that he has a legit weather feat. Browsing some threads on the wiki says that covering the world in darkness gives you 5-C. So... yeah.

Found something noteworthy regarding Vaatu. The tabletop game confirms that he was going to cover the world in darkness during Harmonic Convergence, and not just over time. I also forgot that he has a legit weather feat. Browsing some threads on the wiki says that covering the world in darkness gives you 5-C. So... yeah.
To be fair, is the tabletop game considered canon?

Having said that, I do remember Raava giving an explicit statement that the world may even cease to exist after Vaatu got freed, implying he could potentially destroy the world in a literal sense.

And plenty of scans say that Vaatu was going to affect both the human and spiritual worlds. Though regarding covering the planet in darkness, it only says that regarding Earth. The Spirit World was probably going to be affected through environmental destruction, due to the reactive nature of the environment there. I don't know how big the SW is, but it has to be at least planet level, given that every time someone goes to the world from a different location on Earth, they're in a different location in the SW.

If covering one planet in darkness is 5-c, what would covering two planets get?

Last edited:
And plenty of scans say that Vaatu was going to affect both the human and spiritual worlds. Though regarding covering the planet in darkness, it only says that regarding Earth. The Spirit World was probably going to be affected through environmental destruction, due to the reactive nature of the environment there. I don't know how big the SW is, but it has to be at least planet level, given that every time someone goes to the world from a different location on Earth, they're in a different location in the SW.

If covering one planet in darkness is 5-c, what would covering two planets get?
this could also be a universal feat depending on context

this could also be a universal feat depending on context
Nah, not nearly enough evidence for that. You could also make the argument that, since Cosmic Korra got her power from absorbing energy from the universe, what was stopping her from absorbing all the energy of the universe?

I see, yea Vaatu having Space-Time Manip makes sense
Btw shouldn't Wan have a profile? He's a pretty important character considering he's the first Avatar and we follow his story for a while in Korra Season 2

I don’t know about Jinora. The air bender kids really don’t have a lot of feats outside of fighting as a group in some battles. What could Jinora scale to?

Wan absolutely should have a profile though. I think I even suggested this once before.

The tabletop says that Raava also broke through the barrier. This probably explains why one portal is red and one is blue.

This would also explain too how Korra was able to bend Kuviras spirit cannon and create a new spirit portal from it, which should be another feat of breaking through the space-time between the worlds.

I don’t know about Jinora. The air bender kids really don’t have a lot of feats outside of fighting as a group in some battles. What could Jinora scale to?
Well, she created and helped maintain the tornado that ultimately got Zaheer. Also, she and Opal created a massive wind gust that held back Kuvira's army, which Opal was able to maintain on her own when Jin left. I think we also need another airbender profile because we only have Tenzin and Zaheer.

Also, Suki has a profile, when she has less screentime and arguably less relevance then Jin does.

Circling back to the Ocean Spirit, what kind of immortality should it have? At least 4, since it has Aang inside it. Because it can regenerate using the ocean, I was also thinking 3. Since spirits are very difficult to injure, should it also have 2, or does the presence of 3 make that redundant?

Circling back to the Ocean Spirit, what kind of immortality should it have? At least 4, since it has Aang inside it. Because it can regenerate using the ocean, I was also thinking 3. Since spirits are very difficult to injure, should it also have 2, or does the presence of 3 make that redundant?
All spirits should have types 1 and 4 immortality by default (They live forever unless they take on a mortal incarnation and Lady Tienhan stated that even when they do die in that incarnation they simply take on a new form). The Ocean Spirit took mortal form but was also about as old as the planet Earth itself, so it might still have type 1 even as a koi fish. Either that or really impressive longevity. Type 3 for the Ocean Spirit doesn't really work since its physical body is the koi fish, which never showed regen. It simply created a shell of water around Aang, which isn't an actual body in the first place, it's just water held in a shape. I'm not sure about spirits having type 2 either, since we know Kuruk could kill them with conventional attacks, I doubt he was like vaporizing them or anything to the point where type 2 would be ineffective. Not to mention General Old Iron showed that a hole in the chest is enough to put a spirit down.

All spirits should have types 1 and 4 immortality by default (They live forever unless they take on a mortal incarnation and Lady Tienhan stated that even when they do die in that incarnation they simply take on a new form). The Ocean Spirit took mortal form but was also about as old as the planet Earth itself, so it might still have type 1 even as a koi fish. Either that or really impressive longevity. Type 3 for the Ocean Spirit doesn't really work since its physical body is the koi fish, which never showed regen. It simply created a shell of water around Aang, which isn't an actual body in the first place, it's just water held in a shape. I'm not sure about spirits having type 2 either, since we know Kuruk could kill them with conventional attacks, I doubt he was like vaporizing them or anything to the point where type 2 would be ineffective. Not to mention General Old Iron showed that a hole in the chest is enough to put a spirit down.
It should have type 3 because its body is technically the entire ocean, from which it can retreat into and regenerate. And Kuruk killed all of those spirits while he was in the spirit world. Since astral projection forms can be perceived in the spirit world while they're normally invisible in the physical world, and attacked, the Spirit World's environment effects spiritual entities. Plus, the ones that Kuruk killed were dark spirits, not regular spirits. Remember that Korra's attacks in the avatar state were ineffective against one dark spirit, and it was even able to swat her out of the state. Not the same as the type of spirit as General Old Iron.

It should have type 3 because its body is technically the entire ocean, from which it can retreat into and regenerate. And Kuruk killed all of those spirits while he was in the spirit world. Since astral projection forms can be perceived in the spirit world while they're normally invisible in the physical world, and attacked, the Spirit World's environment effects spiritual entities. Plus, the ones that Kuruk killed were dark spirits, not regular spirits. Remember that Korra's attacks in the avatar state were ineffective against one dark spirit, and it was even able to swat her out of the state. Not the same as the type of spirit as General Old Iron.
Yeah, but its body isn't the ocean. It just manipulates it. Its body is explicitly stated to be the koi fish, which is why the moon spirit died when Zhao attacked its fish body. Not sure why being in the spirit world matters. Their immortality has nothing to do with their incorporeality, so their not having that in the spirit world isn't relevant. If anything him killing dark spirits would show that they shouldn't have type 2, as Aang accidentally oneshot Old Iron meanwhile as you said dark spirits have tanked attacks from avatars. If even the harder to harm dark spirits can be killed by conventional damage then the even weaker spirits shouldn't get type 2 either.

Yeah, but its body isn't the ocean. It just manipulates it. Its body is explicitly stated to be the koi fish
I'm talking purely about its giant form. This should be obvious. It and Aang transformed into the giant blue fish mass, as the Koi is gone when the moon spirit is brought back to life.

Their immortality has nothing to do with their incorporeality
I'm not saying it did, I'm saying that the physiology of the spirit world allowed him to kill the dark spirits with sheer brute force when that wouldn't have happened in the Physical world, as we saw with Korra and her avatar state.
Aang accidentally oneshot Old Iron
But he didn't. He exchanged multiple blows with the spirit before then.

I'm talking purely about its giant form. This should be obvious. It and Aang transformed into the giant blue fish mass, as the Koi is gone when the moon spirit is brought back to life.
Then it would elemental intang for being made of water. Idk if we give regen for not having a solid form in the first place.

I'm not saying it did, I'm saying that the physiology of the spirit world allowed him to kill the dark spirits with sheer brute force when that wouldn't have happened in the Physical world, as we saw with Korra and her avatar state.
That's still not a type 2 immortality thing. Type 2 is for being able to survive with fatal wounds. She simply failed to harm them in those instances. When they do get harmed they can die from their injuries.

But he didn't. He exchanged multiple blows with the spirit before then.
He was explicitly holding back the whole time. He didn't want to attack him at all because he didn't think Old Iron could tank a serious hit from him. He only ended up doing what he did when Old Iron tries to hurt Toph and even then he states that he didn't mean to hit him so hard.

Sorry for the triple post, but no one was saying anything, so...

You were talking about this one, right? You think it's inaccurate, or do you want it submitted to be evaluated?
It could be recalced me thinks to see if it’s still the same result

But apparently this is only barely 6-C? If that’s the case, Kyoshis feat is already better than it so idk if it’s worth doing that or if we should do it for support feats.

It could be recalced me thinks to see if it’s still the same result

But apparently this is only barely 6-C? If that’s the case, Kyoshis feat is already better than it so idk if it’s worth doing that or if we should do it for support feats.
If Aang is going to get an Ocean Spirit key, I think it should be used because I don't think there's enough evidence that the Ocean Spirit controls all the world's oceans. The moon spirit definitely does because its technically the first water bender, and the moon "pulls" the water.
However, I absolutely do think someone should calc Harmonic Convergence shaking the planet.
From what I read, shaking the planet would get 6-a, which is already on Vaatu's profile. I think we should find out what rating he would get for covering two planets in darkness, since covering one planet is 5-c.

If Aang is going to get an Ocean Spirit key, I think it should be used because I don't think there's enough evidence that the Ocean Spirit controls all the world's oceans. The moon spirit definitely does because its technically the first water bender, and the moon "pulls" the water.
The latter should also be calced then too in my opinion.
From what I read, shaking the planet would get 6-a, which is already on Vaatu's profile.
Isn’t this from his darkness feat however? This would be for Harmonic Convergence which would be a good feat to fall back on just incase.
I think we should find out what rating he would get for covering two planets in darkness, since covering one planet is 5-c.
Interesting. Here’s the thing though. Well, 2 things.

Is the spirit world considered a planet in its own dimension? The little problem is that the depiction of the spirit world doesn’t exactly reflect this, so one could try arguing against Vaatu covering 2 planets if one of the realms isn’t exactly like a planet but just some weird dimensional make up.

Secondly, we have evidence that Vaatu covering the world in darkness is literal right? Rather than just being “covering the world in evil” or something similarly vague?

Isn’t this from his darkness feat however? This would be for Harmonic Convergence which would be a good feat to fall back on just incase.
Tbh, I don't know where Raava and Vaatu's current environmental destruction ratings came from.
Is the spirit world considered a planet in its own dimension? The little problem is that the depiction of the spirit world doesn’t exactly reflect this, so one could try arguing against Vaatu covering 2 planets if one of the realms isn’t exactly like a planet but just some weird dimensional make up.

Secondly, we have evidence that Vaatu covering the world in darkness is literal right? Rather than just being “covering the world in evil” or something similarly vague?
Well every time someone transports themselves into the spirit world from Earth, they end up in a different location in the SW. So I assume it's at least Earth-sized, despite the shifting environment. And for covering the world, there is that cloud feat posted earlier that Vaatu casually did. If he was at full power, I could imagine the feat being much bigger

Back