• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Auswahlen and Light of Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.
@US

I did read it, thank you very much. But that isn't realistic reflaction. The person is blocking the attack with his sword and the beam is spreading. That is not how light realistically reflects from surfaces, at all.

When we mention a light beam reflecting we mean something like it hitting a mirror and then twisting to another direction. Not this. This is the equivalent of saying that the Kamehameha is a light attack because other characters can reflect the beam.

@Sigurd

If you call an objective fact (That the attack isn't moving on a straight line), wishful thinking, then I wish you all the help you can get.

But the reason it reflects it because the sword is a mirror sword. Ki blasts getting deflected is when people actively knock them into other directions with their hands.

Sekusu said:
So,sunlight in bleach isn't real light
Boooooi
Meaningless strawman drivel.

It's not sunlight. It's an attack that is described as "light". That in by itself doesn't prove anything, and as I am showing through scans and arguments some scenes directly contradict it being light.

DragonEmperor23 said:
But the reason it reflects it because the sword is a mirror sword. Ki blasts getting deflected is when people actively knock them into other directions with their hands.
Yes. It is an Attack Reflection ability. It is not a normal mirror that is reflecting real light. That it is being used at all as an argument is concerning.

The thing being reflected on that scan is indeed Light. After all, if it was an attack being reflected, than Lille would have lost on that instant, as he had lost the battle later by an REAL attack being reflected

Matthew Schroeder said:
@US
I did read it, thank you very much. But that isn't realistic reflaction. The person is blocking the attack with his sword and the beam is spreading. That is not how light realistically reflects from surfaces, at all.
This is headcanon. Unlike you, I have shown several scans proving my point, in the end, so far this is being accepted.

It isn't reflecting like actual light, and clearly doesn't move like real light as it can split into particles and twist. That people are literally arguing that one form of his power is light and the other isn't even though they're different applications of the same really shows the desperation.

Yeah, there's not an attack being reflected there. She's just reflecting the light that he generates. And in the other scan, he's using light to get rid of the shadows.

USklaverei said:
This is headcanon. Unlike you, I have shown several scans proving my point, in the end, so far this is being accepted.
I don't think you know the meaning of the word "headcanon". I have answered the arguments brought by your own very scans, and in themselves the idea that it is real light being reflected is demonstrably incorrect. That isn't how light accurately refracts of a surface and it is therefore an invalid argument.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah, there's not an attack being reflected there. She's just reflecting the light that he generates. And in the other scan, he's using light to get rid of the shadows.
And? Literally every single energy / beam attack in fiction has luminescence. That something glows isn't evidence in the slightest. It's so common that it isn't even listed as a possible piece of evidence in our page for the standards.

To put it in perspective, it is the equivalent of arguing that this spell is real light because of the particle effects illuminating the surroundings.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It isn't reflecting like actual light, and clearly doesn't move like real light as it can split into particles and twist. That people are literally arguing that one form of his power is light and the other isn't even though they're different applications of the same really shows the desperation.
The really desperate thing is tbe headcanmom used by you as argument without scans. It's nonsensical for them to be the same ability if tjey interact diferently with the enverionement

Matthew Schroeder said:
I raised this point in the post. You seem desperate to reject this, even going so far as to invent things.

Kyo Takashi said:
The really desperate thing is tbe headcanmom used by you as argument without scans. It's nonsensical for them to be the same ability if tjey interact diferently with the enverionement
You keep using that word
You keep using that word.

The fact that Lille has two abilities which are described as light, one of which has nothing going for it outside of the description itself, and the other which is an outright contradiction, means that it isn't light.
That is unarguable. Trying to act like the former is acceptable whilst ignoring all the faults of the later ability from the same character is absurdity. The refraction you've shown doesn't comfort at all to the requirements.

I raised this on the expensive topic, read it again.

The first was cited by Lille himself as a light, as well as moving in a straight line, being reflected in a mirror and still being used to end the shadow.
The second one was different, Nanao called of light and she turned out to be totally different from the first.

You keep using that word
You keep using that word.

The fact that Lille has two abilities which are described as light, one of which has nothing going for it outside of the description itself, and the other which is an outright contradiction, means that it isn't light.
That is unarguable. Trying to act like the former is acceptable whilst ignoring all the faults of the later ability from the same character is absurdity. The refraction you've shown doesn't comfort at all to the requirements.

The thing is - Lille was defeated by his own attack whem Nanao reflected it back at him. He is basically *cut in half* by it. It's completely nonsensical to believe that something that blinds him when reflected is the exact same thing that something that *cuts him in half* when DEflected

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Aren't they agreeing that Lillies Light isn't true light? There's no use arguing over it then, but the Mustache man's light should be valid.
Except that it unarguably isn't. The light is objectively shown to curve in a page.

See here, the isolated panel from this page:

IsolatedPanel
Every single beam, particularly the second left-to-right show minor curvature on the panel. They aren't moving in straight lines and ergo aren't real light.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, this isn't a straight line, all the beams are curving.
And this isn't true light Reflection. The person is simply blocking the attack, doesn't mean that the light is literal. You would need to show mirror reflection to prove your point.

Both points are objectively untrue rendering the OP with far less arguments.
Those beams look straight to me. The "curve" looks more like the beams are pivoted at different angles which makes it looked like it is curving, but they all have the same straight triangular shape as seen in this scan.

And what? Why isn't that a true reflection of light? Nanano is indeed reflecting the attack, but the attack is light, so she is also reflecting the light - it is both.

USklaverei said:
The first was cited by Lille himself as a light
Which by itself isn't proof of absolutely anything.

as well as moving in a straight line
I'd have to check closer for that. The first light which you claimed to move in a straight line didn't in the very scans you chose.

being reflected in a mirror
Nope. Reflected by a reflective power. Not by an actual mirror. And reflecting in a non-realistic way to boot.

and still being used to end the shadow.
Literally meaningless. Luminescence coming from a beam doesn't mean that the beam itself moves at the speed of light.

Everyone needs to calm down - being rude to one another will get this thread nowhere and just spawns toxicity.

Ad hominems by default lessens the argument you're trying to make.

anyway I cant tell if it's just the angle but the image Matt has posted does look like the beams are bending towards a center

Shadowbokunohero said:
Ad hominems by default lessens the argument you're trying to make.
anyway I cant tell if it's just the angle but the image Matt has posted does look like the beams are bending towards a center
I am pretty sure they are just turned at different angles and are going in a "V" shape - like birds do when they fly. Instead of them curving - although the perspective is kind of weird in that panel.

Are there any others that show it doesn't move as light does?

No it's just a straight line in other images. They're coming from several different locations in Seireitei. Not sure how this is proof of a curve when the image doesn't show them curving at all.

Let's ignore all the other scenes that show the light moving straight to get a scan, with a single bending beam a little to say it's not real light.

Matthew Schroeder said:
For those not seeing it yet:
Luzdebleachnaoereal
But if I am right and the lights are pivoted on different angles, then looking straight on from the perspective at the panel wouldn't be an accurate measure on if the light curves or not.

If there are other scans that show the light curving, I could concede to your point, but I feel like you might just be looking at the drawing wrong.

The only times when they show to move in straight lines is when they're shooting straight into the skies. All other are ambiguous.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The only times when they show to move in straight lines is when they're shooting straight into the skies. All other are ambiguous.
Aren't all the lights moving downward toward the Sternritter - absorbing their life force?

Isn't that the point of the ability?

Warren Valion said:
But if I am right and the lights are pivoted on different angles, then looking straight on from the perspective at the panel wouldn't be an accurate measure on if the light curves or not.

If there are other scans that show the light curving, I could concede to your point, but I feel like you might just be looking at the drawing wrong.
^

That isn't my point. It curving doesn't impede it from moving straight. But if it was real light it would only move straight.

I love that the people are immediately jumping to the "Kubo Artwork" defense, however.

Please don't.

The light in all other scans is straight, your evidence relies on perspective as Warren pointed out. But we see that exact beam as a straight line in all other scans of it consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back