• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

August vs. Meliodas

Doesn't the speed need to be equalized? Without it I think August would blitz Mel but with speed equalized Mel would take it via full counter.

Well Meliodas scales to Galan who was calced as Mach 1921 but that does still seem like a big difference, I probably shold equalize speed.

Not voting yet, but quick question. Has Mel shown the ability to counter attacks and techniques that aren't projectiles? Or has he shown the ability to turn haxxed abilities against their casters?

Full Counter returns all types of Magic at it's original user. I'm assuming it'd be able to return anything August can throw since it's still magic.

I'd rather not base my vote around assumptions... sorry if that came off as harsh. Has Mel deflected stuff that he can't see coming, I remember seeing him brush off a lot of stuff but they were generally projectile attacks, but my knowledge of NNT is lacking and I want to make sure I have all my pigs lined up (is that even a real expression?) can he counter a magic that alters his perception of time? A magic that if the caster lands a physical blow would literally shatter him to pieces? The less obvious stuff

Did everyone forget about August magic vaporising blood? And this is not onl suicide attack it's clearly the magic he used against Natsu, Mest, Lucy and happy since it's his original magic.

Meliodas havi this, he can reflect all magics of August, have more strenght and are imortal.

Can negate August regen too with hellblaze and already reflect attacks that just exist in idead world like King's Hability

[here]

As much as i love Meliodas August takes this because: 1) August just copies all of Mel's powers and be comes immune (even reflected magic attacks won't work since August will be immune to them or could send them back with reflector or full counter) to them leaving Mel with just CQC.

2) August also has a slight advantage in CQC due to his newly aquired regen, slowing magic, sound magic, crash and reflector.

Delta3000 said:
As much as i love Meliodas August takes this because: 1) August just copies all of Mel's powers and be comes immune (even reflected magic attacks won't work since August will be immune to them or could send them back with reflector or full counter) to them leaving Mel with just CQC.

2) August also has a slight advantage in CQC due to his newly aquired regen, slowing magic, sound magic, crash and reflector.
Some of Meliodas powers like hellblaze or Soul rip are race abilities, Need to be a Demon to use this

No he could do that in base ie when he fought Arthur- before he started putting demon stuff inside himself

Delta3000 said:
No he could do that in base ie when he fought Arthur- before he started putting demon stuff inside himself
Actually he was always part demon there he simply didn't use it just like Meliodas used hell flame without his mark.

Prove it because iirc Hendy's appearance changed drastically when he started taking demon blood and the hendy that used hellblaze looked identical to his current self.

Even if we say August cannot use any of the supposedly demon exclusive abilities that doesn't really help Mel that much.

Delta3000 escreveu:
Não, ele poderia fazer isso na base, ou seja, quando ele lutou contra Arthur - antes de começar a colocar coisas demoníacas dentro de si mesmo
No, Hendy was already taking blood from low-level demons, since it was being used to open the gate for the sealing of the other demons. Or you can show me Hendy using the Hellfire after it has been purified.

Another point I would like to discuss is the difference in the use of magic in both verses. The magic in FT is free, anyone could learn, just train. Already the magic in NNT is intrinsic to the character, its nata ability. Even if someone has been training for years, they will never learn the Full Counter of meliodas. I very much doubt that August could copy it, it would be the same as saying that he can copy the Kekkei Genkai into Naruto, which would in fact be an NFL.

Delta3000 said:
Prove it because iirc Hendy's appearance changed drastically when he started taking demon blood and the hendy that used hellblaze looked identical to his current self.
The fact he uses hell blaze is good enough as a prof plus his look at the begging changed only in his hair growing which is not that much different from what happens to Meliodas's hair plus from what I remember he said he had demon blood for a while so even if he didn't use it he still has demon characteristic cause it's part of him...

And I wants to discussing the battle just this part.

Muuuuh said:
Another point I would like to discuss is the difference in the use of magic in both verses. The magic in FT is free, anyone could learn, just train. Already the magic in NNT is intrinsic to the character, its nata ability. Even if someone has been training for years, they will never learn the Full Counter of meliodas. I very much doubt that August could copy it, it would be the same as saying that he can copy the Kekkei Genkai into Naruto, which would in fact be an NFL.
You need to have origins and potential for use of magic or else everyone in fairy tail would use magic yet mages are actually rare in confront to have many people there are.

Kelley genkai is completely different from both verse spit obvious he can't.

WilliamShadow escreveu:
Você precisa ter origens e potencial de uso da magia ou então todos na cauda de fadas usariam magia, mas os magos são realmente raros para enfrentar muitas pessoas.
Kelley genkai é completamente diferente do verso que o cuspo é óbvio que ele n├úo pode.

Yes, I understand your point, but the truth is that even being difficult to learn, anyone can learn, it is only to be taught. I only used the Kekkei genkai as an example, because the spells in FT are like normal Jutsus anyone can learn if they devote enough. But in NNT they are like the Kekkei Genkai, magic is intrinsic to the bearer. That's what I meant.

Not really. Nanatsu no taizai

Magic Power... it draws its source from one's strong will, belief and experienice"

Fairy tail

It takes an enormous amount of concentration and mental ability to use Magic.According to Zeref, ones strength of feelings places an important part in Magic.

In both cases it is described on the same way...

Strong will=concentration and mental abilty.

Belief=feelings.

Every detail about how these 2 is the same thing in ft only 10% of entire population can use magic, in NNT we don't know how many but probably same thing considering how many holly knights we saw.

Then if you watch the series they have a lot of similar explanations. Like overuse of magic causes mages death or if they use a spell too strong for them their magic devours their mind while in NNT you have "A power weakens and grows unstable if the user loses control of their emotions"

I could keep up all day long but there is no need to do so magic power is same for both of these verse and even if it had small differences as long as it's not something completly diffrent like with Kekkei genkai it can be equalised.

So could you show me somebody using Ban's snatch or Meliodas Full Counter? Or any Magic that another person also uses, without being bound to their race? Not because magic in NNT is something particular. You can not learn like this, you just wake up.

Muuuuh said:
So could you show me somebody using Ban's snatch or Meliodas Full Counter? Or any Magic that another person also uses, without being bound to their race? Not because magic in NNT is something particular. You can not learn like this, you just wake up.
This kind of a statement is the reason I figured talking with you is worthless...

And for "Not because magic in NNT is something particular. You can not learn like this, you just wake up." I just wrote you the explanation of their use from manga so, yeah they are completly the same whether you like that or not, both require mental abilities and strong emotions. And have a ton of characteristics in common.

I did not mean for you to wake up, I meant that the ability awakens in the person. Like skills in Psyren for example. It is not because spells have a similar mode of use that they are the same. It's impossible to learn other people's magic in NNT, that's a fact.

It has never happened, because it is impossible, to say that it is possible that August copies a spell that way is NFL.

Merlin was teaching Vivian how to use magic and was shown to nullfy Vivian spells and they are from different races... And again you just said "similar mode of use" which is the point of verse equalisation if the two have similar and in this case '''the same one''' than the two verses can be equalised for sake of fair matches. And most important of all both verse use magic described almost the exact same way which means August can and will copy most of Meliodas's abiltis not to mention there is no point in copying full counter you talk so much about since full counter reflects August own attack which means he can nullfy it anyway...

Yes, some forms of magic, not her ability that is Infinity. Normal magic can be taught, copied, whatever. Someone's personal ability such as Full Counter, Snatch or Disaster can not.

Full Counter was just a example, the thing that will kill August is Hell Fire

Hell flame? A simple barrier to stop it -.- or how our friend piccolo would say; DODGE. Not to mention you just wasted my time considering I was first to say he can't copy hell flame...

Back