• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

august (fairy tail) vs doctor strange (mcu)

Does August have any way to counter time stop and BFR? Because Strange resists his time magic.

August cannot copy any magic thats granted by the eye of mag-whatever the ******* name is, as that would classify as a Holder type Magic. Doubt he'd be able to null it either.

Nullification maybe, but I don't think he can copy resistances.

Does August have any way to counter BFR.

Schnee One said:
Does August have any way to counter time stop and BFR? Because Strange resists his time magic.
Didnt his time resistance comes from using time stone?

Dr.strange use eye of agamoto to use power of time stone, August can't copy it, the problem is we didn't see( or i don't remember) starnge use time stone without prep.

@schnee August when august null attack, he nulls the effect of that spell from himself, that's how he come back from gildarts magic.

and he can counter bfr by copying it

@Schnee thanks for reminding that scene.

Now, is dr.strange isn't going to reverse time if something didn't happen, bfr can be counter by if august copy it, and open the portal to comeback.

If Dr lead with time stone time stop, he will win. If august use his sleep magic to put him on sleep or slowing magic to blitz dr.strange, august take it fairly easily, don't forget he can read mind(after copying Cobra powers) and probably use reflector magic to seal strange movements and take time stone away.

He doesn't need to reverse time, and August has no idea how to actually copy BFR because he that instantly falls into an endless void.

Slowing magic is useless, Strange resists time manipulation

Going through his profile,dr.strange only have resistance to time stop, not time manipulation both are different, august still have mind-reading and reflector using which he can take time stone or restrain dr.strange(Like of ebony maw did). You should note that his physical durability is just wall lvl, unless you are using a shield, he can't take any attack from august. Bfr can be counter by slowing magic, since dr. Need to open a portal throw other in it in to bfr them.

Time Slow is objectively weaker then time Stop, Strangebresists the latter, he resists the former.

Also, time manipulation and time Stop are both on his file, so no.

Either way, Augusts leading move determines the fight, he has no Precog or prior knowledge so I question what any of this means.

20190811 194802 rmedited
There is only time stop resistance i can see on his profile

Time slowÔëáTime stop, racer time slow, slow down preception of time of his opponent. Like Natsu is resist to time stop didnt mean he have resistance to other time based ability as well.

August didnt have precogonation, i never say it, but he can read mind like cobra(since he copy his magic)

We treat Time Slow as a weaker version of Time Stop and as such, a character who resists Time Stop can resist Time Slow as well.

Other time based abilities are out of the question. Time acceleration, rewind, erasure (yes, this is a flicking JoJo reference) are still able to affect a character who only resists Time Stop.

Slowing magic: changing the way its targets perceive time, and thus making it appear for them that Sawyer is moving around at unholy speed, allowing him to attack freely before they get a chance to counter.

It's not actually time slow either, it's more like it affects the opponent sense. Aside from this isn't dr.strange time stop resistance comes when he uses time stone? Did he show resistance to it in base form?

I asked it because op didn't say if dr.strange have time stone or not and

This is going in circle honestly, i will vote for incon depends on who attack first and what type of attack they use.

Still, I vote for inconclusive, using reflector he can pretty much end strange like maw did, but again dr.strange can straight up use time stone, so. Incom

Back