• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack potency of Emil's self-destruction

If you let the Emil-copy self-destruct after the boss fight you unlock ending Y of the game. This ending states the following:

"The Emils caused their fusion reactors to go out of control, turning the planet into a dead chunk of rock, tumbling through the vast vacuum of an uncaring universe."

Turning the planet into a dead chunk of rock means destroying every single android and machine on the planet. Yoko Taro mentioned in an interview that there are androids on the other side of the earth as well, so that self-destruct completely wiped the entire surface of earth. Total destruction of vegetation and buildings and severe deformation of the surface is a given considering the durability of some machines/androids.

In my opinion this feat qualifies as Multi-Continent.

Thus I would suggest adding High 6-A via self-destruction to Emil's profile.

Why vague? Turning the planet into a dead chunk of rock means pretty clearly wiping the surface.

First of all, these statements should be taken with a grain of salt, as they tend to make jokes every time a joke ending is done. Such as how

-"Killing Pascal causes the villiage to go out of control and end the world"

-Commamder has a stern look on her face while in space after the bunker explodes even though Androids need to breathe"

It's also a statement, which should ALWAYS be taken with a grain of salt.

Ending Y has absolutely no joking context behind it. It just says "You failed, everything died".

Also, taking the statements of completely unrelated endings that are obviously meant to be comedic does not in any way impact Ending Y.

Are we sure this isn't an outlier? This is a statement with no shown feat doing something far beyond anything ever shown in both games

The power of a self-destruct in my opinion cannot be compared to the power of regular attacks. As such I don't think this qualifies as an outlier as it is not inconsistant with the character.

You have my support on this, the ending doesn't have anything that is either snarky or funny.

Since most people seem agree on this I'll go ahead and add this to Emils page.

I'll keep the thread open for now should somebody decide to give further input on the topic.

Back