• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Battle of Ideals - Adam vs Armstrong

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
The sound of charging energy echoed across the apocalyptic wasteland of New York City. Adam, a machine lifeform, stared at the giant contraption before him. It was a portal device that reached across time and space. Originally, the Machines had planned for it to be used to take over the Humans by going back in time. However, the war between them and the Androids made the plan defunct. But a determined Adam saw potential in the device and used it instead to bring someone over.

A suited man emerged from beyond the blinding light of the portal.

"What in the Sam Hell happened to me? Where the Hell am I?!"

A confused Senator Armstrong surveyed his surroundings and finally made eye contact with the machine that stood before him.

"And who are you supposed to be?"

"I am Adam." the Machine responded. "A Machine lifeform from the far distant future, your future, Steven Armstrong."

"Heh, no one's called me Steven since I became Senator. Not even my own mother!"

The man once again took a look around him. His mood seemed to shift with the new information brought to light.

"So... This is the future. It is exactly as I predicted it. Humanity really can't help but destroy itself."

"Humanity was not the cause of this destruction."

The Senator turned his attention to the Machine. "Oh?"

"Decades after your time, your planet will be invaded by extraterrestrial life that seeks to conquer your world. They will create Machines like me to help them achieve their goal, and in response, Humanity will create Androids to deter and defeat them."

"So aliens exist, huh? Well, what's that got to do with me?"

Adam turned and faced the destroyed landscape before him.

"Your ideas, Armstrong, they fascinate me. You would kill to see freedom and within that freedom, kill for ideals. In your perfect world, death is its foundation."

"Yeah? What about it? Death belongs to the weak! Only those with power, real power, deserve to live. The ones who seize it - keep it for themselves and have the strength- No, the will to go on without anybody stopping them."

"Yes, Armstrong. That is why I have brought you here. I have spent some time studying Human history and I have become so enamored by your complexity and the depth of your minds. Your resolve, your hubris, your ingenuity, and your passion. I have seen all of it... but I wanted more."

Adam waved his hand, causing the area around them to rumble and shake. The ground beneath the two men shifted, increasing the distance between them. The portal device sank below them and tiny Machines lined up to form a rectangle some distance away from them. Their eyes lit up and projected a hologram around the two men, a vision of the past.

"Central Park. Heh. Almost didn't recognize it."

"Steven Armstrong. I have provided you with information about your future. Given your resources, you could anticipate the Aliens and prevent all this destruction. I may cease to even exist. All I ask, is that you face me with the strength of your ideals. Show me the extent of your Humanity!"

"So you want me to beat you up, tin can? Alright! This beats being stuck in that cushy office all day anyway! I'll crush you and then go back and make an America that will last throughout the ages! My America! A Great America!"

The two combatants posture themselves and get ready for a fight.

Speed equalized. Victory via SBA.

0eb9d5e8bee815e02a593b6c0bb0e923.jpg
cd4

Last edited:
Where do the characters fall regarding their AP/Durability Scaling Chains?

Could & would Adam use his Telekinesis &/or Gravity Manipulation to BFR Armstrong?
Considering Adam can turn himself into Energy for Intangibility, could & would he use that to escape grabs Armstrong tries? Could he sustain that?

Immortality (Type 8; Cannot die as long as the machine network exists), Can transfer his consciousness into the machine network, Can remote control all machine lifeforms connected to the network (very likely since Eve could do the same),

Could he remote control Armstrong's Nanomachines? Could he destroy the nanomachines with his Energy Projection?

Adam's type 8 isn't really combat applicable since he needs the Machine Network to rez and in-character he cut himself off to feel what it was like to fight for his life.

Adam's type 8 isn't really combat applicable since he needs the Machine Network to rez and in-character he cut himself off to feel what it was like to fight for his life.
Okay, but I brought it up because of remote controlling things in the Network. I assume he can't do similar for Armstrong's Nanomachines?

& even without it, his Intangibility is still a big obstacle to Armstrong attacking him.

The dude is roughly 5.5 times stronger, less cuz scaling and even less so dura-wise but he does have a hefty advantage. Regen + Stamina does help Steven stay in the fight but doing lasting damage will be tough. I am a bit hesitant to check the fight since I'm interested in Automata.

Armstrong shouldn't be too far behind Adam due to his ridiculous amounts of upscaling, pummeling the stonewall in Jack and keeping up with him in Ripper Form, so his AP is much higher then 121 KT. And his durability has a no-sell so it's even higher.

As for skill, Armstrong pretty obviously ***** Adam ten ways from Saturday and LS even moreso.

What this really comes down to is if Adam separates himself from the Machine network fast enough(which is likely cause Armstrong is human) for Armstrong to kind of just strangle him to death.

I mean Adam can just put up a barrier or teleport, so grappling is likely not going to happen. Adam also has a lot more ranged options than Armstrong.

Back