• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tivanenk

VS Battles
Retired
So I have been wondering what to do with Saint Seiya matchups and came to this one. Othinus invades Saint Seiya verse and Athena has to protect the Earth. Oh no! Standard conditions, starting distance is 500 m, and speed equalized. Both are in their Low 2-C versions.

Othinus2
Athena Cloth Render

I'm pretty sure the multiverse spiel was rejected because she was only creating phases, which are not even individual universes one by one. So she's only universe+ level.

I am pretty sure athena wins this, she can do everything othinus can and othinus has no way of putting her down while athena has durability negation.

Also pretty sure othinus isn't multiverse+ from what i understand she didn't create infinite universes she just recreated one over and over again.

even whit the wiki of Othi-chan is Outdate....she Wins via Wrod only LOL.

in few appearances show more everything that Athena did

manipulate, isolate, destroy and create concept, destruction and reconstrucion of the UNiverse Billions of time (well...more or infinie amount of times), the Casuality, Time-Space dont'exist for Her, Matter, energy manipulation in an Higer scale than show in SSVerse, etc.

Hell, she create 10032 Universes (no Phases like Layers of photoshop (example) or universes) and she Blow all of then when threw her Spear Gungir...

and hav a Good level of Inmortaliti, even you Kill her she returns, after Millons af Kill, she will disappear for boredom / will and Hight/low Godly level of Regenerationn, even whitout the spear shi will Win

persoanl Opinion only and whit my lack of knowleg (sry for my poor English) :v

Going with Athena on this one. She's an acausal deity with Immortality via Godhood. Also she can negate Durability. Not to mention Othinus is highly arrogant and has considerably less experience.

Gungnir is dependable on probability manipulation, which Athena can also do. Probability Manipulation is a higher form of Causality Manipulation. And neither of them can affect an acausal being like Athena.

On the other hand, Athena has Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Teleportation, can deflect attacks on top of what Othinus has.

How is othinus too much for athena? RW is a common ability for the gods it's not that impressive.

Athena can do everything othinus can plus more and can negate durabilty don't see how othinus is gonna win this unless her destroying infinite universes is somehow legit.

i made theard while ago on "othinus vs athena " most of Saint seiya expert said she beat all the olympians bar zeus we had long one

seems update happened since that time ? when was it mentioned Athena have RW ? it have nothing to do with gods Athena can't beat Othinus if she don't have RW herself

Reality warping is on every saint seiya gods profile, it's a common ability.

Othinus is the one i can't see winning she has no way to put athena down and athena can do everything she can, while athena can just use the staff of nike and bypass othinus's durabity and kill her.

I'm not voting since I don't know enough about Athena's capabilities or her Staff's, but some of the things claimed about Othinus are wrong, as it's usual in her matches. It's not like Othinus is inexperienced, she is at least several thousand years old (Her true age is basically impossible to estimate due to multiple Phases she went through before giving up her powers) and a very experienced magician. The arrogance which people like to bring up was merely focused on the difference in power between her and the people who were trying to stop her. What people forget is that she's very pragmatic and perfectly capable of changing her plans on the fly and improvising. She's an "Arrogant Deity"-level character, not a "Self-destruct due to arrogance"-level character.

Gungnir is not dependent on Probability Manipulation. What Gungnir does is perfect Othinus' own Probability Manipulation so that she can achieve success 100% of the time. And Athena's Acausality might shield her from Probability Manipulation, but it can't prevent Othinus using it on herself or anything else. Besides that, she can use Gugnir for an automatic universe destroying attack. I'm curious, can Athena survive in a destroyed universe?

Immortality Type 4 merely identifies the source of the character's Immortality, just like Type 8 or others. It does not necessarily mean the character can't be killed, that should come from the other types. Given Othinus is a Magic God, her Immortality can also be considered Type 4, which means little to the fight. However, unlike Athena, Othinus has Regenerationn. The Regenerationn is at least at regenerating a large part of her body and likely reaching the level of returning from being reduced to particles of light, so that lessens the problems of her unknown Durability and makes Durability Negation attacks much less of a problem, since she can recover from the injury.

Othinus also has Mind Manipulation, Teleportation and Durability Negation. She hasn't displayed Soul Manipulation, since that's not a subject very used in Index, but likely has some level of resistance to it, not only because of her level of power, but because Fiamma, who's much weaker than her, was capable of resisting and breaking through a soul ripping technique, and basic magicians can create artificial souls. 100% Othinus could be interpreted to have some degree of Soul Manipulation since she can freely resurrect anyone she wants, unlike the puppet corpses that are 50/50 Othinus Einherjar.

Plus, since her enemy here is a deity, Othinus has the perfect target for her Turn into Fairy spell, which will depower Athena on touch, take away her Probability Manipulation by setting her success rate at 0% and slowly break her body from the inside. And before someone asks, yeah it would work on Athena, since she would be considered a pagan deity (ideal target for the spell) and the spell works on Othinus herself, another Low 2-C character.

LazyHunter said:
Gungnir is not dependent on Probability Manipulation. What Gungnir does is perfect Othinus' own Probability Manipulation so that she can achieve success 100% of the time. And Athena's Acausality might shield her from Probability Manipulation, but it can't prevent Othinus using it on herself or anything else. Besides that, she can use Gugnir for an automatic universe destroying attack. I'm curious, can Athena survive in a destroyed universe?
Thing is, Athena can also manipulate probability and easily drop the chance of Gungnir hitting her to 0%. And yes, Athena can survive in a destroyed timeline. Her Durability by default makes her able to survive an attack of sufficient power to destroy a 4-dimensional universal space-time continuum.

Othinus also has Mind Manipulation, Teleportation and Durability Negation. She hasn't displayed Soul Manipulation, since that's not a subject very used in Index, but likely has some level of resistance to it, not only because of her level of power, but because Fiamma, who's much weaker than her, was capable of resisting and breaking through a soul ripping technique, and basic magicians can create artificial souls. 100% Othinus could be interpreted to have some degree of Soul Manipulation since she can freely resurrect anyone she wants, unlike the puppet corpses that are 50/50 Othinus Einherjar.
Athena has every single one of those power and then some more. On top of those she has protection bubbles that protected the Saints from the attacks of Hades (a 2-C being). Also she travels back in time to undo Seiya's fatal wound caused by Hades' sword. Also some degree of Soul Manipulation<<<Soul Manipulation. Through Energy Manipulation Athena can absorb, deflect or convert energy. Also manipulation of the soul and reality via quantum manipulation.

@ScarletFirefly

Maybe the spear itself, but not its initial destroying effects, since that's impossible to dodge. Good to know Athena can survive in a destroyed universe, because otherwise it would be a stomp for Othinus, Also, Othinus can do the same and raise her probability of dodging Athena's attacks to 100%. Besides, DontTalk pointed out Othinus and the Magic Gods might be acausal too, so it might not be a big advantage for Athena. Othinus very casually reaches that level of power, so it's not like Athena's Durability will be a big issue.

I'm not saying Athena doesn't have those powers, I'm saying that you were wrong when you said Athena had them and Othinus didn't, as her page clearly indicates she had them. People were also wrong saying Durability Negation would be a problem, since Othinus's Regenerationn solves that issue. Meanwhile, if Athena's body is destroyed she's dead.

I read her page, the only things listed on her abilities that Othinus doesn't have or wouldn't be able to replicate with Reality Warping are Soul Manipulation and Acausality. If Athena has that kind of shields, shouldn't it be noted in her Durability section? Her page could use some feats or explanations of powers either way. Also, As her page indicates, Othinus can also manipulate time to that degree, so that won't be a problem.

I'm simply pointing out that Soul Manipulation is not something that would take Othinus by surprise or that she would have no chance against. I could also point out that Othinus' can control living or dead beings, and Athena would count as living. I also don't kow Athena's feats of Soul Manipulation, because her page doesn't list any,

Energy Manipulation can easily be replicated by Reality Warping. Othinus doesn't even use much energy attacks anyway. Othinus has very good reality warping and physics manipulation, so I fail to see why Athena's reality warping would be much of an issue.

Now i am no saint seiya expert but don't god cloth saints i think have like high level regen? It's on every god cloth saints profile and seeing as athena is far more powerful than they are then she has high level regen too so i don't think regen is gonna be a problem for athena.

Athena's probability manipulation has turned impossible situations into victories so probability manipulation for either side isn't going to do anything here.

Weird, so some weaker characters than her have Regenerationn and some stronger characters than her have it, but some of the listed Olympians don't have it and have Type 2 Immortality; while Zeus and Aphrodite have Type 3 Immortality, but don't list their Regenerationn ability nor its level. I don't know much about Seiya, but is that some kind of error made while making their pages, or do some of the Olympians lack regen as the pages say?

LazyHunter said:
Weird, so some weaker characters than her have Regenerationn and some stronger characters than her have it, but some of the listed Olympians don't have it and have Type 2 Immortality; while Zeus and Aphrodite have Type 3 Immortality, but don't list their Regenerationn ability nor its level. I don't know much about Seiya, but is that some kind of error made while making their pages, or do some of the Olympians lack regen as the pages say?
Well, since there have been upgrades, some pages might have been missed at times and others are mislabeled. I mean, she does have Atomic Restoration on her page, which is pretty much the same as Regenerationn (High).

@Tivanek

Even so, IMO Regenerationn should be noted as a separate ability, not lumped with other abilities like that. Immortality Type 2 should be exchanged for Type 3 for those characters who have Regenerationn, as Type 2 is "Immortality without regen".

Back