• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Assassin vs Strange things. (Shadow of Yharnam vs Tao Pai Pai)

All are High 8-C.
Speed equalized.
All are in character.
Battle takes place below corin's tower.
There are two Shadows of Yharnam.

Assassin: 7 (Stillwinston, Keeweed, Starter_Pack, Popted2, Mr._Bambu, Shizuka, Naitodesu)
Strange things:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
“Tao Pai Pai can see and interact King Crimson”

This isn’t allowed on this site. Either Tao has the powers required to see what’s coming or he doesn’t, you can’t give characters abilities they don’t have.

Anyways Tao causally stomps 3 tons, while Diavolo isn’t even 2 tons. So eventually, after a very very long time, Diavolo gets tired and Tao hits him once. This is a stomp.

Yeah I thought so, but I wanted to make sure, I edited it. So this battle can't be done because it's a stomp or what?

Yeah I'm not sure Diavolo can do much, if Tao has no prior knowledge that might help but even then he can likely outlast I guess? If its a stomp we could swap out Diavolo for someone like J'zargo maybe?

Well diavolo could possibly ignore durability with stand phasing but the fight probably won't last long enough for him to do that because I think he has a cooldown on king crimson's ability, so Tao can possibly one-shot with dodonpa.

I think he has a cooldown on king crimson's ability, so Tao can possibly one-shot with dodonpa.
He doesn't, and even if he did, he has precognition so he always knows when to delete time to avoid getting hit.

“Well diavolo could possibly ignore durability with stand phasing”

Diavolo has never come close to doing that in character. I mean realistically, with the amount of time he has, Diavolo would probably try it. But on this site we only go with what is shown, and Diavolo is never shown attempting anything like that.

I want to say it is a stomp, but last I checked if you have a win condition, you just don’t use it in character, you still have that condition and thus it isn’t a stomp. But when it comes to Diavolo nothing comes anywhere close to saying he will ever go for phasing ever. I say stomp, but some people may disagree.

Do you think if diavolo was blood lusted it wouldn't be a stomp? If it isn't, then I'll change it and start counting votes.

Since Diavolo is now bloodlust. He time skips through all of Tao’s attacks and phases his fist into Tao’s heart. Very easy win for Diavolo when he is bloodlusted.

But king crimson should have a cool down though, or else it would be pointless for there to be a 10 second limit to his time skips and he'd also never not skip time in character. No matter how brief it is it should still be enough of an opening for Tao to dodonpa from range. Also Tao has a massive advantage in range and he already knows diavolo's range and ability so he can maintain range and blast from far away.

He doesn’t have a cool down. He spams King Crimson dozens of times in a row during the final.

The briefness is literally a microsecond at best, so Tao can’t punish at all.

Also King Crimson managed to escape someone with vastly higher range due to constant time skipping so he could just do the same to get close to Tao.

Tao should know that and maintain an insane range, his range is about a few hundred meters so the starting distance is already large, and diavolo wouldn't know about Tao's durability so he would wouldn't start with durability negation although he can probably get around this with epitaph. You can also argue that Tao can tank durability negation attacks as his whole body scales to his durability because he can tank attacks like kamehameha which attack everything. Also if diavolo keeps skipping he'll get tired and will never get to attack, this might actually end up as an endurance battle. I still lean towards Tao because he can force Diavolo to tire himself out by maintaining distance and using range.

Tao should know that and maintain an insane range, his range is about a few hundred meters so the starting distance is already large,

And Diavolo can't cover that why? He has normal movement while time is skipped, everything else doesn't, one of the main benefits of time skip is being able to reposition one's self, allowing him to cover large amounts of ground and even "fly" while time is skipped given all the times he literally floats in what would normally be the sky while time is skipped, like the time where Polnareff flung himself in the air, Diavolo skipped time and met him at the peak of the toss, and just kinda stayed there. Also if Tao actually did that and for some reason Diavolo couldnt close the distance, Diavolo would **** off, prepare and come back when everything is in his favor, Diavolo isnt a stranger to strategical retreat if he's at a disadvantage.

and diavolo wouldn't know about Tao's durability so he would wouldn't start with durability negation although he can probably get around this with epitaph.

He would, he abuses Epitaph, he'd see his attacks do nothing and then react accordingly, I'd wager he'd even do this without bloodlust given the character doesn't have any morals and the only real counterargument to him not doing it is because he never did in canon, even though in canon every time he hit someone they basically dropped dead so it's not quite the same as someone like Jotaro actively not doing it, but regardless.

You can also argue that Tao can tank durability negation attacks as his whole body scales to his durability because he can tank attacks like kamehameha which attack everything.

The Kamehameha doesn't attack the heart or blood vessels in the brain. Tao's internal would have superhuman durability, but they'd also be drastically below his external durability because that's literally how this works. Like, Mike Tyson is Peak Human/Street but even his brain has the consistency of a stiff gelatin.

Also if diavolo keeps skipping he'll get tired and will never get to attack, this might actually end up as an endurance battle. I still lean towards Tao because he can force Diavolo to tire himself out by maintaining distance and using range.

No he wouldn't? Skipping time doesn't cost stamina, absolutely never even implies that's the case, he's basically DIO when it comes to skipping time, this isn't Jotaro (Who even then, only real had a issue with time stop after coming out of a coma and heavily weakened, to the point his Staying dropped to an E), if Diavolo does nothing but sit there and spam it, it wouldnt be him losing stamina, it'd be Tao as Tao still has to attack, move around, and exhaust lots of his energy to even attack at range (He cant exactly use Dondon Ray like a hundred times), and the energy he exhausts in time skip still adheres to Tao once it resumes, while all Diavolo has to do is sit there and think to skip time, in which time skips and he's completely invincible, and given he uses Epitaph to know exactly when to skip time and when to resume it (And he can even use Epitaph while in the time skip), and he can spam it, Diavolo is never getting hit and he's definitely not exhausting himself before Tao does.
Ignoring Diavolo has ludicrous stamina to begin with, he'll keep fighting and continuing to kill even while he's near death, can't breathe and went through shit like puking up a hundred razor blades or tearing scissors out of his throat, or in one case, basically actually dead, given he tried to attack with King Crimson even after his Stand was brutalized and literally crumbling apart.

If Diavolo is bloodlusted, there is no fight, he wouldnt even be scratched by the end of the fight. Time skip+precog makes it so and from there's it's a matter of simply getting in range, and given how disorienting time skip is to everyone but him, after a few of them Tao would simply lose track of Diavolo making it kinda hard for Tao to increase the distance when he doesn't even know which way to go or where Diavolo is coming from.

Then wouldn't this be a stomp? Tao has literally no win conditions in this situation. Do you have a suggestion on how to make this a balanced fight without the fight turning one-sided for either? And do you know how often diavolo can use time skip?

And do you know how often diavolo can use time skip?

As much as he wants, at least when he's Diavolo, he spams the shit out of it along with Epitaph, has never once shown any forced cooldown or stamina usage while using it, the only real way around it is to blitz his ass or negate it entirely, as Doppio he can't use time skip at all, only Epitaph (Precognition) and he has to wait a few seconds (up to ten if Doppio is resisting) for Diavolo to "come" in order to use time skip, though at that point it's just Diavolo again.

I'd say nonbloodlusted Diavolo still has an incredibly good chance, but that comes down to if we're willing to say Diavolo will whip out the phasing if pushed to it even in character, I personally say yeah, he would if there's no possible way to defeat or harm his opponent otherwise, but some may not think that. So it depends entirely on what we want to say is or isnt viable in character. There is one other win condition Diavolo has, but that one is way harder to pull off compared to phasing and relies on Tao's attacks.

Tbh it's a bit of mismatch.

I agree I don't think this match is fair, as either Tao tanks everything and one-shots or Diavolo out lives and durability negates. What to do now? Stop replying?

Tao tanks everything and one-shots

Even nonbloodlusted there's still the issue of actually hitting Diavolo, which Tao wouldnt really be able to do. But that doesn't change the fact the match wouldnt go anywhere.

Still a mismatch.
Maybe change characters out to better ones to make it more fair?

Ok so the shadows I believe scale around 8 tons and there are three of them. Meanwhile Tao easily scales above 3 tons. Tao with his grenades is capable of one shooting people comparable to himself so that should hurt if he can land it. He also should be way more skilled because he is a master martial artist while the shadows only feat is fighting a pretty early game Hunter.

If Tao keeps back and plays his range game well he should be able to slowly wither the shadows down, but if he gets in a direction fight he’ll be overwhelmed due to their numbers, ap, and superior close range reach (they have swords and can stretch their arms).

Oh wait ignore the three of them part. That is how their boss fight in game goes, but it seems we just have them as individuals by themselves on this site.

If this is just one shadow then it depends on if Tao goes for range or believes he can get in close. If he gets in close their summoning (since there is only one it immediately leads with summoning three giant snakes), Fire manipulation, reach, and ap should overwhelm Tao very fast. But if Tao stays at range he wins pretty easily because the shadows have very poor ranged game (their fire balls are slow in comparison to the user and can’t be really spammed without the other shadows).

Well depends on the OP, since Shadows of Yharnam does fulfill the category for one of the allowed 2v1 matchups, so if OP specifies, we can add another Shadow but only cap at two.

Back