• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asriel Dreemurr VS Giorno Giovanna

Meh tons of people overestimate and underestimate GER. Not their fault tho because GER is too vague

Zel, regardless of time being erased, actions happen in a chronological order. Diavolo moves and acts within cause and effect regardless (he moves forward-->he is in a different place).

The timeline being erased means that nothing has, is or will happen at all.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Zel, regardless of time being erased, actions happen in a chronological order. Diavolo moves and acts within cause and effect regardless (he moves forward-->he is in a different place).
Very true. Even GER abides by the laws of cause and effect considering that he came into being at a specific moment in time. Asriel erasing the entire timeline would make it that the stand never came into existence nor would he ever. There's no RtZ for something like that.

Ricsi-viragosi said:

I was more so arguing about GER being able to act outside of time(KC's ability). Also i dont fully understand your argument of actions happening in chronological order. The whole point of KC is erasing the cause from the effect. Essentially things are not moving in order because KC fks it up

King Crimson erases the time, but it's action still make sense in the order they happen. He doesn't hit someone before he starts punching.

The fact that the time is erased doesn't change that the actions done are led from one thing to another, hence why it is still bound by cause and effect. It gets closer to the enemy, punches it, the enemy gets hurt.

Zel97 said:
I was more so arguing about GER being able to act outside of time(KC's ability). Also i dont fully understand your argument of actions happening in chronological order. The whole point of KC is erasing the cause from the effect. Essentially things are not moving in order because KC fks it up
Things still move in order, he just skips somes of the events/steps/actions. There's still an action (Diavolo activating KC) and an effect (him skipping time). And you can't really compare being unaffected by that to having the totality of your existence as well as that of your timeline erased (essentially making it that you never existed nor came into being).

Not passive, but GER isn't really affecting Asriels DT so he just does it whenever.

He prefers to start by absorbing the soul of anything within his range. Not sure how GER would react if both it and Giorno were part of Asriel (and another tenthousand something monsters), but even if it nulls that Asriel would try and reset things to... decades(? However long ago Chara died) back in time.

If that is somehow undone he would eat the timeline and make a new one.

Zel97 said:
I see,so is this timeline erasure passive and is it in character for asriel to do it?
The lone passive ability I can think of is Paralysis Inducement which definitely screws up GER. He usually leads with soul absorption but it's definitely in-character for him to use it, even more so here since he wouldn't have any reason to assume you would have the DT to come back from that.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Doesn't omega closet (which is just asriel missing hundreds of monster souls) passively crash the game?
Full Power Asriel was doing that to the entire game (including all of the universes created up to that point), thanks for reminding me. Photoshop Flowey did that to a single timeline IIRC and I'm not sure if it was passive.

Pretty sure this'll be a stomp, one way or another.

Unless Giorno can somehow make Asriel's souls love him, something GER doesn't come with, he is pretty short on winning cons.

Straight up stomp.

GER's best and only useful gimmick doesn't do anything and he isn't going to Muda Muda a 2-B and have that work. Meanwhile Asriel nukes the timeline and calls it a day.

I say GER would just null asriel the moment he starts to delete the timeline. Hell, if he tries sucking the soul out of giorno GER is like "no u"

Yellowpig10 said:
I say GER would just null asriel the moment he starts to delete the timeline. Hell, if he tries sucking the soul out of giorno GER is like "no u"
Did you not read the entire thread? Asriel passive paralysis inducement means that GER isn't doing jack. Even then DT trumps his willpower manip and either he gets absorbed or he gets erased from all time. Nevermind how he's passively performing a 2-B feat at full power.

Did you not read the entire thread? Asriel passive paralysis inducement means that GER isn't doing jack. Even then DT trumps his willpower manip and either he gets absorbed or he gets erased from all time. Nevermind how he's passively performing a 2-B feat at full power.

His paralysis can affect non-corporeal beings?

Yellowpig10 said:
Would the paralysis even effect a stand?
Why the hell wouldn't it? He may not be able to see it but it being passive renders that moot.

Zel97 said:
Just show some proof it can affect non corporeal beings thats all he asked for
He has NPI. It may not be enough to see the stand but it's definitely more than enough. And regarding Base Asriel, DT stilll trumps RtZ and resets the timeline back pretty far.

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Meanwhile, i'm trying to think of a way to make this fair..

Should i give Giorno prior knowledge or something?
I'd say Just wait this one out a bit more b4 adjusting things.should i call a part 5 expert? Frankly im a bit busy and not too good with undertale's verse

He has NPI. It may not be enough to see the stand but it's definitely more than enough. And regarding Base Asriel, DT stilll trumps RtZ and resets the timeline back pretty far.

Whats NPI? Also Risci said it cant affect souls (albeit stands are not EXACTLY souls,its a bit more complicated)

Zel97 said:
Whats NPI? Also Risci said it cant affect souls (albeit stands are not EXACTLY souls,its a bit more complicated)
Non-Physical Interaction. Granted, it seems to not have been added to his profile yet.

Back