• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Ketchum profile clean up

I'm well aware Pokémon Trainer profiles are outdated, but this isn't about that. Ash's profile is too unprofessional for such a popular and well known character. I'll just run over some suggestions I have for cleaning up his profile.

Tier: Ash owns a Meltan, which is ranked as 6-B on this website, while Ash is only 6-C. Now, I disagree with Meltan being ranked as 6-B, and I'm making a seperate thread about it (link here), but that's besides the point. If Meltan isn't downgraded, than Ash should be upgraded to 6-B for owning a Meltan.

Age: Why is there a link to a Game Theory video? I know it's because Ash's age is inconsistent with the anime's timeline, but that's irrelevent to his profile, and we absolutely shouldn't be linking to a Game Theory video.

Powers and Abilities: Ash should have Aura, as demonstrated in several episodes and movies. And his powers and abilites should be listed with his Pokémon, not just "it varies with the Pokemon." This is vague, lazy, and confusing.

Grammar Errors: Self-explanitory.

Range: Should be extended to several meters with Aura.

Pokémon: His page should list all the Pokémon he has and can use.

To clarify on why I believe AndyTrenom is asking about the Game Theory video:

The issue with said Game Theory video series is that it contradicts the anime's creator stated canon, & blatantly contradicts the show's presentation.

If you were told to guess Ash's age based on nothing but his appearance alone, a very deliberate appearance, crafted by one or more official character designers, would you think he was past early adolescence?

I doubt it.

And odds are, that was the creator's intent; In spite of how illogical Ash's canon age might be, it's still what the creators who dictate practically everything about the show (And by extension, Ash's age.) say he is & said age is why he looks how he does.

Using MatPat's theory is blatantly ignoring the official canon, & I don't think we do that easily.

Besides that, the video linked is only the GT video establishing the PREMISE of the theory; Credit where credit is due (Believing what he says in the video.), he does use sound methods, like counting mornings, sunsets/sunrises, using festivals & other events with real world analogy as means of determing the point in the year....

So if we approved using similar such methods to determine how much time has passed on a large scale in the Pokemon Anime, I wouldn't be opposed, since, as said, Ash's age is illogical.

But I'm also fine with using the creator-stated age, because that's the actual canon.

My reasoning is not as dense as that, I just simply don't think youtube videos specifically about creating theories should be linked this way to a character's profile

My apologies. Well then, any opinion on basing Ash's age on our profile for him on what MatPat's theory is based on to reach his conclusion?

I think Ash should just be listed as 10 years old since that's what the canon says as BS as that is

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/3ogeya/respect_ash_ketchum_pokemon_anime/

The matter of his statistics aside (He's tanked attacks from Pokemon, reacted to them, & even at least damaged a Drapion with a kick.), Ash seems like he has some missing abilities.

1. What happened to his aura abilities? Ash even has notably higher aura than other humans. What happens in this link is a product of his aura abilities and him fighting a Riolu with Aura like his ow , as well as:

A. He sensed the aura of a Riolu, despite the Riolu being miles away, & Ash himself being stone/petrified at the time.

B. He is also capable of projecting his aura out of his body, and in dire situations can project it into other in order to heal them. However, doing this is extremely dangerous and can prove fatal if to much aura is give (Respect Thread's description, not mine.)

2. Resistance to Sleep Manipulation for staying awake while Jigglypuff was Singing (which puts everything to sleep) long enough to catch a Snorlax.

3. Resistance to Telekinesis, for moving (Albeit, on his hands and knees.) despite Sabrina's dad (Isn't he a ghost?) trying to restrain him with telekinesis.

4. Supposedly, this scene has Ash possessed, & breaking out of the control when he's called a coward. Resistance to Rossession &/or Mind Manipulation?

5. Forming a mental bond with Azelf, who is known as the Willpower Pokemon and is said to be the bringer of willpower. Said bond was strong enough that Ash would feel physical pain if Azelf was hurt. AND Using said bond to destroy a black hole (okay, maybe not a willpower feat, but it's so ridiculous that I have to include it) (Respect Thread words, not mine.)

Seriously, I could understand maybe the Aura being absent because the movie might be dubious canon, but that doesn't explain ignoring main series content.

WHY ARE NONE OF THOSE ON HIS PROFILE?!

Thinking on it, isn't Ash's AP justification also kind of pointless right now?

Wall level (Ran with and tossed a log much larger than himself several meters with ease. Took down steel bars with a tackle)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we don't have a value that the character is rated at/scaled to, don't we assume they're baseline?

Would it be reasonable to calc KE for Ash throwing that log? HAS anyone calc'd that log throw? Or him knocking down those steel bars? And if so, shouldn't he have the calc(s) linked on his profile?

The sensing was due to a bond he had with tha Riolu specifically, I don't know if that should keep it from being mentioned on the profile, but yeah this isn't a general sensing power that Ash displays

I do remember reading somewhere that Ash needed Sir Aaron's gloves to control the aura, but I don't remember it very well so I'm not sure here

Limited resistance is fine

I wouldn't consider this resistance since he was still being affected by the telekinesis. This is more of a strength feat

Resistance to possession seems fine, but maybe the fact that he had to be provoked should be mentioned

I don't think this would be evidence of a power. Is there actually a power on the wiki for having a bond like this with someone?

That should be all

@Andytrenom: Should Sir Aaron's gloves be optional equipment for Ash, then?

Thank you. I'd wait for more input on those abilities of his, then, I guess. (Also, an arguable ability the Respect Thread was snapping Bulbasaur out of the Confusion status by grabbing & speaking to it. There may be other stuff worth considering in the RT, but that's all that's on my mind for now.)

Ash scales to being able to slightly harm final form Pokemon. I'd say 9-B to 8-C is fine. He outdid a Lucario once though, but I don't think that should directly scale to AP. He did resist Sing for a few seconds, but he eventually fell asleep. The telekinesis had him crawling, and he pretty clearly wasn't resisting it as opposed to continuing to crawl despite the weight put on him. He got possessed, gained control for a second, and then got taken back over. Minor resistance at best. Movies are canon btw. Aaron's gloves are most certainly not standard equipment, but he can use Aura without them to an extent.

Imaginym said:
Thinking on it, isn't Ash's AP justification also kind of pointless right now?

Wall level (Ran with and tossed a log much larger than himself several meters with ease. Took down steel bars with a tackle)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we don't have a value that the character is rated at/scaled to, don't we assume they're baseline?

Would it be reasonable to calc KE for Ash throwing that log? HAS anyone calc'd that log throw? Or him knocking down those steel bars? And if so, shouldn't he have the calc(s) linked on his profile?
Done.

Jasonsith said:
^ is the attack speed feat also okay?
As throwing speed, unless there's a reasoning (which probably there is) why his speed should scale to this throwing.

However, There's one particular speed feat from Ash that I'm planning to calc which may drop higher results anyways.

Back