• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon Anime CRT: Fixing Ash's Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So, Ash Ketchum has had a profile for a long time now... But it's also horribly outdated, so I wanted to fix that with this CRT. Below is my sandbox for Ash's new profile:

Ash's New Profile Draft

I made this to the best of my ability, but there are some things that are worth noting:
  1. I tried to account for the ongoing canon split by not scaling Ash's XY and Sun and Moon keys to "At least 3-C, likely High 3-A" from manga Zygarde and Necrozma. This is why his XY key and Sun and Moon key are the way they are.
  2. Despite this, I struggled with the speed part of his profile, and ended up leaving it with the composited speeds. I genuinely was at a loss on what to do here as far as anime speed feats. As such, any input would help. His Journeys key should be fine though, as the Creation Trio are unaffected by the split.
And that's about it... Hopefully this should be pretty straightforward. The main thing I'll need help on is anime speed feats, so any such feats would be appreciated.

Now... LET'S DISCUSS!

Agree: 3 (@KingTempest, @Lonkitt, @DarkDragonMedeus)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
I only have, like, minor recommendations

-Bold the abilities since thats what profiles are doing now
-Move the key up after the tiering since that what profiles are doing now
-Change the "Very high" stamina to "Peak Human"

But yeah, this looks good

I only have, like, minor recommendations

-Bold the abilities since thats what profiles are doing now
-Move the key up after the tiering since that what profiles are doing now
-Change the "Very high" stamina to "Peak Human"

But yeah, this looks good
Done. Also added a few abilities that Ash never had on his profile for some reason

I will assume you agree and mark you as such
You are right to do so

Lemme stop, I agree, this looks great
Could there be a section on his specific teams per region? Cause this
Is meh

I could potentially implement such a thing, but it'd probably require a butt-ton of work that I don't think I have the motivation for rn

Yeah these were for his main teams that he used in conferences but more per arc could be added if wanted/needed
May be necessary, given some exclusions like his Gliscor. Also, I’m aware that Ash’s Sceptile doesn’t become a Sceptile until after the Hoenn League, but in this case it’d be preferable to have it as Sceptile instead of Grovyle since the Hoenn League does not mark the end of the Hoenn series due to the Battle Frontier

Ash shouldn't scale to Necrozma's absorption feat. After absorbing enough light to restore the light of the world, Necrozma becomes Ultra Necrozma who no one scales to. In fact, base Necrozma took 0 damage from Gladion's Silvally's Razor Wind, proving even Gladion doesn't scale to this

Ash's Lifting Strength is obviously not that high a lot of the time. Here in Sun and Moon he fails to lift a log, in Best Wishes he takes effort to lift a small boulder and Pikachu over his head

While I do think you did a good job improving the profile, it is also still missing stuff. There's no mention at all about anything he can do with Aura for some reason? And what about bond phenomenon? That's such a notable thing about Ash that it feels weird to not point it out at all. It would be like making a Naruto profile with 0 mention of his Sage of Six Paths mode

I don't think this thread is implementing any changes to the profile's stats, it's just changing its appearance and making it a better profile

I'm not sure this is the appropriate place to criticize the stats, no matter how ludicrous they are

It is changing stats though, just look at the original profile

Ash shouldn't scale to Necrozma's absorption feat. After absorbing enough light to restore the light of the world, Necrozma becomes Ultra Necrozma who no one scales to. In fact, base Necrozma took 0 damage from Gladion's Silvally's Razor Wind, proving even Gladion doesn't scale to this
The Ultra Necrozma stuff is irrelevant. Also no, Necrozma is shown recoiling when the attack hits. Gladion scales
Ash's Lifting Strength is obviously not that high a lot of the time. Here in Sun and Moon he fails to lift a log, in Best Wishes he takes effort to lift a small boulder and Pikachu over his head
He also effortlessly lifts the likes of Larvitar, Pignite, and Cosmoem, so I think these can be scrapped. Ash is shown on numerous occasions to be well beyond the strength of an average human. In a 1200+ episode anime, there’s bound to be inconsistent showings like this that can very much be ignored when they contradict the narrative.
While I do think you did a good job improving the profile, it is also still missing stuff. There's no mention at all about anything he can do with Aura for some reason? And what about bond phenomenon? That's such a notable thing about Ash that it feels weird to not point it out at all. It would be like making a Naruto profile with 0 mention of his Sage of Six Paths mode
What does he do with Aura? I don’t exactly remember. And I’m not sure what the Bond Phenomenon would even fall under. It was kinda retconned into being an application of Aura.

I overlooked that

Yeah, that's a good point. Our inconsistency policy should be especially strict with infinite/immeasurable speed stuff.
It is changing stats though, just look at the original profile

There is no inconsistency though. He always reacts to Pokémon of this level throughout the series (his own Pokémon in XY, Sun and Moon, and Journeys, and even the likes of the Lake Guardians and the Creation Trio)

The Ultra Necrozma stuff is irrelevant. Also no, Necrozma is shown recoiling when the attack hits. Gladion scales

He also effortlessly lifts the likes of Larvitar, Pignite, and Cosmoem, so I think these can be scrapped. Ash is shown on numerous occasions to be well beyond the strength of an average human. In a 1200+ episode anime, there’s bound to be inconsistent showings like this that can very much be ignored when they contradict the narrative.

What does he do with Aura? I don’t exactly remember. And I’m not sure what the Bond Phenomenon would even fall under. It was kinda retconned into being an application of Aura.
Necrozma simply moved its arm. Its not recoiling because its hurt at all, supported by the fact that the first few razor wind didn't do visible damage at all

Ash doesn't effortlessly lift Pignite and he more often struggles to pull of feats comparable to lifting 999kg without any effort. In Ep 10 of Journeys he calls a Dragonair heavy for example, and they are like 16.5kg

He can heal people with aura but it uses up his own stamina, sense a Riolu from a distance, use it to touch a ghost in this episode, who was also invisible. Bond Phenomena is like fusion I guess, grants him Extrasensory Perception and he resisted Team Flare's mind control with it

Could anyone on Ash’s team scale to Tupi koko? Koko should scale to necrozma as shown here

Ash’s team at the end of Sun and Moon scales. His Naganadel could briefly contend with and damage it even after being damaged by Kukui’s Lucario. His Pikachu could match it, which Kukui’s Empoleon also fought. Ash’s Melmetal defeated this Empoleon, and Ash’s Lycanroc could contend with it and his Torracat could do so as well. And his Lycanroc was defeated by Kukui’s Braviary, which his Rowlet defeated.

Necrozma simply moved its arm. Its not recoiling because its hurt at all, supported by the fact that the first few razor wind didn't do visible damage at all
Even if this is correct, which I don't agree with, Ash's team would still scale from Tapu Koko who fought Base Necrozma
Ash doesn't effortlessly lift Pignite and he more often struggles to pull of feats comparable to lifting 999kg without any effort. In Ep 10 of Journeys he calls a Dragonair heavy for example, and they are like 16.5kg
He actually does. It's a part of the whole "Ash is comically strong" meme. Also, in XY Ash has a 16 kg Fletchinder casually perched on his arm, so the Dragonair example makes no sense.

Lastly, you brought up Ash struggling to lift a log, which also makes no sense because in Hoenn he easily carried and tossed one. These examples you're providing are so blatantly contradicted that I can't really see them as legitimate anti-feats and more like outliers to be discarded.
He can heal people with aura but it uses up his own stamina, sense a Riolu from a distance, use it to touch a ghost in this episode, who was also invisible. Bond Phenomena is like fusion I guess, grants him Extrasensory Perception and he resisted Team Flare's mind control with it
I can add these abilities to the sandbox. I also remembered that he can telepathically communicate with Greninja via the Bond Phenomenon (XYZ episode 23, in his second battle with Alain), so he should get Telepathy as well

Probably, yeah. When I get free time, I’ll implement KT’s list thingy into my sandbox and apply changes

Based on what?
Basically, the majority of staff rejected it, although, this one is allowed
Kira's profile has a good compromise for this.
image.png

Not even gonna lie, the thread has yet to be concluded and I don’t see the issue with more clarity. I’ll keep it until further notice

Okay, it's been well over 48 hours, I've made the appropriate suggested changes, there's been sufficient staff approval and contentions like the Infinite reaction speed for Ash were never properly substantiated (the belief that it's an inconsistency is directly contradicted by the sheer number of Infinite speed Pokemon that Ash has reacted to)

I will go ahead and apply the changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back