• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us say that they are not made of the same material. One looks like rocks while the other is metal. Do you think that the difference in durability is that large?
One survived a 6-A landing while the other didn't. I would have to say yes for now.

And to clarify, it's not just that the metal by itself that I think has 6-A dura. It's generally the entire part of the ship that withstood the landing's structural integrity that I think is 6-A.

Last edited:
And Geryuganshoop's blackhole move and anything else related to his anime version should be removed from his profile unless he's seriously gonna get a 6-A rating.

Why are we talking about rocks when it's already stated that the ship's interior was made from unknown super metal?
Compiling all the scenes of the interior together you would see not everything is made of super metal. Parts of it appear to have Aliens style metal, some rooms appear to be organic in nature, some appear to be entirely metal, some are "minorly futuristic". This might be the metal that the encyclopedia was referring to.

That's irrelevant when the rocks don't have feats of surviving 6-A damage compared to the metal that does.
But they are implied to be harder than the metal you are claiming to be harder, so...

Outside survived 6-A damage, inside did not, that's enough proof. We already know the outside is strong because it took numerous 7-A attacks and a 6-A landing which was all drawn to be impressive.
No, because again, the inside and the outside are the same material, literally, except for the camera room and Boros' room, which should be even harder, along with the statement that put the doors as the main protection for the rest of the ship (which is made of metal).

it's an assumption to say Boros' room should be harder than every other part of the ship.
It is, but yours requires more mental gymnastics + the door being harder than the outer ship is no longer an assumption. End.

The core also doesn't crack until the serious punch and CSRC hits the ship. It was enduring the other damage to the ship even the moon jump.

But they are implied to be harder than the metal you are claiming to be harder, so...
Nowhere is that implied.
No, because again, the inside and the outside are the same material, literally, except for the camera room and Boros' room, which should be even harder, along with the statement that put the doors as the main protection for the rest of the ship (which is made of metal).
Incorrect. I have already posted many scans explicitly showing that the inside and outside materials are different. And you can't claim that the interior is stronger than the outside while also claiming they're the same material. Pick one.
It is, but yours requires more mental gymnastics + the door being harder than the outer ship is no longer an assumption. End.
An assumption is an assumption at the end of the day and thus is not valid. And no there is zero proof the door is harder than the outership.

An assumption is an assumption at the end of the day and thus is not valid. And no there is zero proof the door is harder than the outership.
But in 6-A case the door doesn't need to be more durable than the outership, though? Even if we assume it wasn't as durable as the rest of Boros' chamber.

Or did I missed something?

But in 6-A case the door doesn't need to be more durable than the outership, though? Even if we assume it wasn't as durable as the rest of Boros' chamber.

Or did I missed something?
I'm not sure I get what you're asking but I would agree that the door doesn't need to be more durable than the outer ship just because it leads to the core of the ship as that is an assumption.

I'm not sure I get what your asking but I would agree that the door doesn't need to be more durable than the outer ship.
I believe Boros' chamber being more durable than the rest of the ship is no longer an assumption unless if someone could make a proper argument about that "very solid construction" statement implies nothing about durability.

But what I am saying is that, if the door was indeed as durable as the outer layer then destroying it would be still, a 6-A feat, doesn't it?

I believe Boros' chamber being more durable than the rest of the ship is no longer an assumption unless if someone could make a proper argument about that "very solid construction" statement implies nothing about durability.

But what I am saying is that, if the door is indeed as durable as the outer layer then destroying it would be still, a 6-A feat, doesn't it?
Very solid construction doesn't necessarily mean it's the strongest part of the ship and everything in it can take 6-A damage. I have previously explained above that I don't even think the outer layer's metal by itself is 6-A but rather the structural integrity of the ship itself is 6-A, meaning that it's not just the metal but also the rebar that can be seen beneath the metal at points and everything else that's involved in keeping the structure solid, which technically includes the interior. Don't mistake that to mean every part of the ship is 6-A. Think of it like this: Let's say an airplane crashes into a structure like a house or building but it doesn't knock the building down or destroy it entirely but it takes out a notably large part of it and shakes the entire structure. You then take a sledgehammer or vehicle and decide to destroy a wall of said structure and end up making a hole in the structure but the damage is quite literally microscopic in comparison to the sheer size of the structure as a whole. Would you still say you did damage on the structure comparable to the airplane? I doubt you would. It's like saying someone is building level for putting a hole in the wall of a house. The individual components that make up the structure are weak but when combined together, they are strong.

That is true, that is if the door was door were as durable as the outside.

Last edited:
This discussion would be different if Saitama's landing did zero to little damage to the ship and did not move it.

The argument is that since the door, pillars and the outer hull are made of metal, plus with the statement the throne room has very solid construction, they are arguably relative in durability.
I mean, the argument is wrong. The pillars are made from some kind of stone, you can clearly see it here, and here.
It crumbles like the stone, it creates dust like the stone, it also cracks like it. It's not made of the same as the outer hull which is metal.

There is no stone, that's just what Saitama called it. Like when he called the Lava he bathed in water.
It looks like stone, and it behaves like stone. It's certainly not metal and is completely different from the outer hull.
The pillars are made from some kind of stone, you can clearly see it here, and here.
It crumbles like the stone, it creates dust like the stone, it also cracks like it. It's not made of the same as the outer hull which is metal.

It doesn't paint another picture, it's just rubble of the same material. Saitama implies it's durable when he mentions how the ship hasn't fallen yet.
See:
He’s talking about the pillar debris which has the exact appearance of stone and rock whereas the ship’s outside (which is what took the 6-A landing) is explicitly drawn, bends, and breaks like metal. This is shown numerous times. There is a difference between the interior and exterior of the ship and this is even further emphasized when once the ship falls, you see stone, not metal falling from above in Boros' room. Stone with the same appearance as the stones from the pillars and door in that room.

And very solid construction doesn't mean much. The rooms in a house can have very solid walls but that doesn't mean the walls that separate the room spaces are made out of brick just because the outside walls are.
Clearly they're different and I can even post scans of various rooms on the ship being made out of different materials if I really need to go any further

I think I get what you're saying now. But it couod just be artistic design given the door was bigger chunks. In the anime it's the same material.
Murata is pretty consistent with what he knows is and isn't metal in Boros' ship. He made all of the rubble from the pillars and ceiling in Boros' room look exactly like Geryuganshoop's stones and makes metal look sharper, pointy, and warp-able almost like glass. Like in the pic you posted, you can see the metal in the door bending and warping which is similiar to the ship's outer layer.

Bringing up the anime reminded me to once again bring up Geryuganshoop losing his black hole attack or scaling him to 6-A if this CRT still gets accepted.

Last edited:
I reiterate. The inside of the ship is made from metal too. Saitama breaks the outside by punching the inside, which further proves their durability to be comparable. Narrator says "the door didn't last more than one hit either", meaning it is a surprise that the door couldn't tank a punch that was breaking the outside of the ship. This is confirmed by this statement, which says that the ship is made of a metal that is much stronger than steel and each area is sealed with strong doors.

All of that is outright confirming that doors (I don't care whether they resemble rocks or metal) are more durable than the rest of the ship, which is 6-A.

I reiterate. The inside of the ship is made from metal too. Saitama breaks the outside by punching the inside, which further proves their durability to be comparable. Narrator says "the door didn't last more than one hit either", meaning it is a surprise that the door couldn't tank a punch that was breaking the outside of the ship. This is confirmed by this statement, which says that the ship is made of a metal that is much stronger than steel and each area is sealed with strong doors.

All of that is outright confirming that doors (I don't care whether they resemble rocks or metal) are more durable than the rest of the ship, which is 6-A.
Besides the narrator thing, I have already addressed everything else.

The narrator thing is just a joke.

Yes, a joke. We've seen Saitama casually take down a meteor with a punch, why would you think the narrator would seriously think he would have trouble with a simple door? This is a laughable reach.
That doesn't come across as particularly jokelike to me. That Saitama could simply take down the door is obvious but the door wouldn't really be worth a mention if its durability wasn't in any way noteworthy.

That doesn't come across as particularly jokelike to me. That Saitama could simply take down the door is obvious but the door wouldn't really be worth a mention if its durability wasn't in any way noteworthy.
It's the beginning of the chapter and the title its page which always has hype text. No different from the one that said Saitama took damage from Boros or the one calling King the strongest man. Saitama never attempted to punch the door, he tries to open it like a regular door but it was locked and then he just rips it off the wall. The joke is the door being locked means nothing to Saitama. If the door was somehow supposed to be impressive Saitama would've commented on it.

It's the beginning of the chapter and the title its page which always has hype text. No different from the one that said Saitama took damage from Boros or the one calling King the strongest man. Saitama never attempted to punch the door, he tries to open it like a regular door but it was locked and then he just rips it off the wall. The joke is the door being locked means nothing to Saitama. If the door was somehow supposed to be impressive Saitama would've commented on it.
The door being that inconsequential to Saitama can indeed be a joke. I just don't think that the narrator comment about the door is a joke and hype isn't really an indicator for a joke either.

The door being that inconsequential to Saitama can indeed be a joke. I just don't think that the narrator comment about the door is a joke and hype isn't really an indicator for a joke either.
"The door didn't last more than one hit either, doesn't matter if it's a push or pull door!" Yea, not seeing how it's supposed to be serious at all. This is a really funny stretch just to make every single part of the ship be 6-A.

"The door didn't last more than one hit either, doesn't matter if it's a push or pull door!" Yea, not seeing how it's supposed to be serious at all. This is a really funny stretch just to make every single part of the ship be 6-A.
Not really. I just don't think that this one specific phrase is supposed to be a joke considering that there is a statement of there being strong doors and that's the only thing I'm arguing. I can actually agree with the idea that it's the structural integrity of the ship that is 6-A that you brought up earlier. Whether or not the door is 6-A is another matter. You're the one making a stretch here by assuming my intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back