• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armor Duel: Erza Scarlet vs Tony Stark

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was another iteration of Iron Man I'd say inconclusive, but this iteration is quite limited in his arsenal and IIRC he's booster fuel and shield powers are quite limited so Erza takes it in a battle of attrition due to better arsenal.

^That sounds interesting... High difficulty Erza for me in that case.

not that I was waiting for a reason to change my vote...

Yeah IIRC he needed extra time to prepare for a match, sadly can't remember against whom, by adding temporary extra fuel canisters in case they run out. I believe they were also used for his Freon streams (basically flamethrowers) so they'd run out after some time as well.

The equipment he had in this armor could be countered effectively by Erza:

• Cutting lasers and flamethrowers have their effectiveness substantially reduced by Erza's Flame Empress Armor.
  • Variator Rays and it's tractor beam are used to magnetize objects but they consumed not small amounts of energy and he needed another target to magnetize for it to work properly. It can also be countered by Erza basically switching her magnetized equipment and requipping it again because it would lose the magnetized charge due to being away from the beams.
  • His Sonic disrupters could be a good thing but I don't think Erza will make too much of them. They were used to shortly incapacitate human beigns even when fully amped, I don't think they're gonna do much to her.
  • IIRC he also had a gravitation field but it lasted 4 seconds (may be wrong and it's another newer version of IM.
I don't remember any other special weapons this one had apart from the run of the mill missiles and stuff.

@Knight

About your fourth point. That gravitation field was indeed using by this Iron Man and I think it lasted a bit more than 4 seconds, could be wrong about the duration. Anyway it was a one time thing since it consumed great amounts of energy.

I think this model also had Energy Absorbers, though I don't know their limit. In any case, they'd reduce the effectiveness of Erza's ranged magic attacks probably but those aren't her main ways of attacking.

He could also become invisible by blending with the environment but I think this could damage his brain and he didn't use it anymore.

Other than that, I'm agreeing with the above points.

@knight wait when was Iron Man's lasers considered to be fire attacks, aren't they just energy beams?

They use Energy to create fire IIRC, though it's concentrated.

Sorry Torch I was away for a bit, vote counted.

They are not fire, they are highly magnetized repulsors of concussive ion energy from their reactors, they are hot, but is not the same as actual fire.

Sonics of course are going to be useful, they have be shown to make Fin Fang Foom had and headech, and in some superhumans IIRC.

Freon streams, not freon rays DX, this things are to generate ice and persuade fire.

Also Gar, I personally think that you should not count Ovens vote, he basically said "Fly away and nuke her" which is blantantly a bad reason.

Ok, flying off and nuking her was a lazy reason on my part. But Tony has experience in fighting beings who use magic. He's not going to just stand around and take whatever Erza is giving, he'll be spamming repulsor blasts while trying to find a solution to beat Erza. Eventually, he'll come up with a plan to take down Erza. This is made easier if he has the Iron Leigon with him.

I was hesitant to count it in the first place, I admit that was a dumb choice on my part

He does not have the Iron Legion, where did you get that.?

Does everyone aside from Scarlet, I and Knight actually read the comics and not based on the movies d:

Not everyone can consistently read comics from an ongoing series that started in the middle of the 20th century.

I do read the comics, not consistently though. I read whatever my library has. It's hard to find comics in my country.

On the part for the lasers's effectiveness being reduced by Erza's Flame Empress armor, I also believe that to be true. Lasers work by heating up the surface of the material, and flames work the same way.

Also correct me if this is wrong, but I don't remember this Iron Man having nukes at all.

It's not so much that Iron Man doesn't have nukes, but that some of his weapons have a huge splash radius

Gargoyle One said:
It's not so much that Iron Man doesn't have nukes, but that some of his weapons have a huge splash radius
That may be true but considering Iron Man and Erza are both flying in the air, the blast AoE won't mean much. Also I really don't think Iron Man is willing to throw huge AoE attacks around in a civilian area.

You're telling me this....Why? XD

I wasn't the one who said it, gotta remain unbiased here

I'm not telling that to you in particular, just saying it because the argument of "fly away and lol nuke" isn't a real argument at all.

Ovens came back and added more after saying it was lazy anyway.

Also, if you don't mind, can you close Mitsuru vs Gray?

Yes, he said he's gonna spam repulsor blasts until he finds a way to beat her. He'll most likely run out of juice if he does that. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him fighting beings who use magic until this time. Even if he did, saying he has experience in fightning magic users is really not an argument considering Erza is nothing alike the magic users he has fought. Also he doesn't have the Iron Legion.

I'll see if I can find and close it.

You sure you don't have slightly better reasons? I mean I'll count it but the reasons are getting discussed.

Ah no, is just that I don't want to type too much, let me see:

Non-strongest Armors:

• Heaven's wheel's Armor: Tony could easily shot repulsor blast agaisnt her sword spamming, throwing missiles to her, use energy fields, magnetize her swords to reject them etc. Her profiles says that her range is of several hundred of meters with HW, so does the other armors have less range? If so then Tony has the range advantage (Which is kinda good since he.... Play range).
  • Flame Empress' Armor: Both have resistance to fire, so they reduce their effectiness between each other, but Tony has ice generators to disipe her flames to some degree.
  • Lightning Empress's Armor: Both have resitance to electricity...
  • Sea Empress Armor: This armor actually put Tony in advantage, water are not enough to damage enough his armor, and he can vaporize her water with energy attacks, freeze her water with freon streams, and electrocute her water, (If the water is around her, she can get electrocuted/freezed).
  • Heart Kreuz Armor: Her basic armor, I'm pretty sure that she will not stay in this armor for a lot of time...
  • Black Wing Armor: Heart Kreuz with wings basically, Tony easily destroy this (Come at me, mongrels!).
  • The Giant's Armor: Useless. Even then, Tony has better LFS at his base.
  • Flight Armor: Not useful, at best she could try to seduce tony.
  • Morning Star Armor: Lighning Empress, basically.
  • Piercing Armor: Giant Armor but with a lance...
  • Wingblade Armor: Her best armor in the section, she could easily slice Tony inside of the suit, but I don't know the range, so Inconclusive /:
  • Wind God Armor: Sea Empress with air manipulation, same as above^
Strongest Armors:

• Armadura Fairy Armor: Tony can just match this armor with repulsors, forcefields, strength amplificators, absorption grip, range attacks and every previous abilitie.
  • Adamantine Armor: Defensive only, Tony has also forcefields and it seems that the shield doesn't cover Erza complety, so he can maneuver behind her while her shield is on.
  • Purgatory Armor: I don't think that this armor is that strong if it was so quickly destroyed by Ikagura, but I didn't find who she is...
  • Nakagami Armor: Her danmed armor! It could easily bypass his forcefield and armor but its range is still unknown. Still, she one-shot him.

So, I think that I'll still with Stark, most of the armors either are useless between each other, or are countered and outclassed in versatility, power and range (No to mention, Tony would not need use all of his abilities, just some of them).

I even betting that only Nakagami and Wingblade are useful while the rest of them are trash, this lead me to say that Tony would win in 75% of the time (Don't take this number seriously, just saying).

You assume Erza will use worthless armors... She will obviously start with something random but she is using Wingblade against someone in armor or Nakagami if necessary don't forget that Wingblade are 8 swords that Erza can both attack and defend with.

Erza's sword spam for diffrence of Tony's repulsors and rockets can literally show up out of nowhere, like a point blank range.

Morning star armor uses holy magic, but don't see why would she even use it.

She can just move her shield thou she usually only uses that to block one major attack and that's it.

Also, having Wingblade and Nakagami as her only options is better for her(cause she will use them for sure) in this battle as for diffrence of Tony she one shots with a single hit.

Yeah, but I don't why she would use Nakagami and Wingblade just for the mere fact that she's fighting someone with armor.... Like hell no.

Doubtful, she would need to be very close to Tony to do that, as her range is only of meters while Stark has klmeters, and a point-black sword is not going to kill IM at all.

Well, we're not using GR, so being useless is now out of question.

I will later go with this.

And how she know that this armors are the best options? Sure, Erza will realize that most of her armors are getting destroyed by Tony but why would she use this specific ones? Does this are her favorite armors? Does this are the armors that she use most of the time?

I will answer only on the last thing cause with others we will just go in circles.

Erza is a type that easily figures out her opponents abilties and its flaws and if she has an armor that she can use to perfectly counter them she will do it. Like with midnight by figuring out every weakness and strength of his reflector magic or against Minerva where she figured out her Nakagami armor is the only thing that can deal with Minerva's space manipulation or against Ajeel where she uses her wind and water to counter him and his intangibility via sand body.

In general her keen intellect allows her to choose the weapon accordingly to her opponent in a quite limited amount of time. It's not about being favourite armor it's about being more useful in that specific situation. And with logic Wingblade is by far the best choice.

I can say the same thing with Iron Man. Tony since he make his first armor was always talking to himself, looking for strategic solutions to outsmart his opponents in mid-battle and countering their abilities by improving his suits and using them at the maximu output even when they reach their limits.

An good example would be when he fought Stane, where he easily countered he's weapons and deciphered that his armor used an computer trasmiter to control it, freezing armor after destroying the trasmiter.

The battle can have two outcomes:

A) Tony overwhelm Erza before she pulls out Wingblade or Nakagami (Which I see more happening).

B) Erza use pulls out her Wingblade or Nakagami before Tony overwhelm her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back