• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread 2

1)Ancient magic can be imprinted into the soul
Example? I'm forgetting.
2) Concept magic is powered by will(soul)
Yes. Or at least is a prerequisite.
3)mana is the only thing that can hold concept magic as a spell or divinity stone(crystalized mana).
I guess, but I moreso think of it as mana powering the effect of the magic.
Could those energies have somekind of CM ? or be conceptual because they're created from conception ?
Do you think tanking or resisting say a gravity spell from Ancient Magic gives you CM?

Or another way to ask, do you think the effects of Ancient Magic are also conceptual because the caused by the manipulation of a concept?

If you say no, then that is likely the same for energies and conception. Otherwise everything in series is conceptual.

Example? I'm forgetting.
Didn't you know ?

The circle at the end of the labyrinths, it give people ancient magic by imprinting them into their soul as knowledge. That's why they understood the concept they've got. The circle was based on the Font of knowledge, an artifact in the vampire kingdom that let the current king inherent the knowledge from the previous ones.

For some reason the original owner of ancient magic(liberators) can't gain another one.
Does it add anything ?
No

If that was true, don't you think he will just use electricity instead of mana ?

Do you think tanking or resisting say a gravity spell from Ancient Magic gives you CM?
In some cases, like if the apostle were built with baseline resistance to ancient magic, they will be resisting the concept itself.

But here is the thing, resisting gravity is not the same as resisting the authority of someone to affect you with gravity manipulation. One of them is a natural phenomenon thing whike the other is a hax .
Or another way to ask, do you think the effects of Ancient Magic are also conceptual because the caused by the manipulation of a concept?
Yes
If you say no, then that is likely the same for energies and conception. Otherwise everything in series is conceptual.
This is different because everything(the multiverse, the great tree power, concepts, people...) come from a higher world.

Maybe ask Expectro about this ?

Didn't you know ?

The circle at the end of the labyrinths, it give people ancient magic by imprinting them into their soul as knowledge. That's why they understood the concept they've got. The circle was based on the Font of knowledge, an artifact in the vampire kingdom that let the current king inherent the knowledge from the previous ones.

For some reason the original owner of ancient magic(liberators) can't gain another one.
I knew that but somehow didn't think of it.
Does it add anything ?
Nah
No

If that was true, don't you think he will just use electricity instead of mana ?
In reference to what Hajime I assume? Depends on the context. I could be wrong though.
In some cases, like if the apostle were built with baseline resistance to ancient magic, they will be resisting the concept itself.
How can you tell? Because resisting the effects would appear the same as resisting the concept. You'd need a very specific statement or a pretty intricate argument to prove it's one over the other.
But here is the thing, resisting gravity is not the same as resisting the authority of someone to affect you with gravity manipulation. One of them is a natural phenomenon thing whike the other is a hax .
That's moreso semantics to the point I was making. I wasn't referring to someone resisting natural gravity but effect of manipulating the concept of gravity. My point is that the result is the same even if the process is very different.
How would you prove it?
This is different because everything(the multiverse, the great tree power, concepts, people...) come from a higher world.
I don't see how dimensionality and conception overall here. Or in other words, I don't see the relevance of creation originating from a higher dimension in regards to being abstract in existence.
Maybe ask Expectro about this ?
Sure, if you want to.

Keep in mind I'm don't understand CM enough to answere these questions

How can you tell?
How would you prove it?
When Shia was fighting Udar(spirit of lightning), she damaged his soul through soul magic, while Kousuke could damage demons using only mana.

Resistance soul damage from mana isn't the same as resisting soul magic.

We got three feats of space manipulation done by energy. But if someone resisted this they won't get resistance to CM .

1) the apostle could push Naiz space magic by covering her body in magic power

2) Hajime using limit break

3) Shia after fusing mana and spirit element.

I don't see the relevance of creation originating from a higher dimension in regards to being abstract in existence
If and energy is created through converting a 5D energy, isn't it equal to that energy?

Conception=collective thoughts

It's like the chicken and the egg situation. Conception is the source of souls and multiple people can create conception. The DRAGON was called the conception of dragon, the first dragon, the father of dragons and snakes.

We don't have enough info about it, so let's stay away from conception for now.

Keep in mind I'm don't understand CM enough to answere these questions
Do you want talk philosophy?
When Shia was fighting Udar(spirit of lightning), she damaged his soul through soul magic, while Kousuke could damage demons using only mana.

Resistance soul damage from mana isn't the same as resisting soul magic.
So you are saying the difference between (at least in your example) soul magic and soul based attacks as well as magic and mana must be what...being conceptual?
We got three feats of space manipulation done by energy. But if someone resisted this they won't get resistance to CM .

1) the apostle could push Naiz space magic by covering her body in magic power

2) Hajime using limit break

3) Shia after fusing mana and spirit element.
I would generally say that mana is an energy source that can manipulate reality.
If and energy is created through converting a 5D energy, isn't it equal to that energy?
Not necessarily no. That's like saying because God created the universe, the universe must also be equal to God.
Conception=collective thoughts
I wasn't referring to Arifureta's terminology but the philosophical definition.
It's like the chicken and the egg situation. Conception is the source of souls and multiple people can create conception. The DRAGON was called the conception of dragon, the first dragon, the father of dragons and snakes.
Yeah its clearly based off of Plato's Theory of Forms. The Archetypal Form is DRAGON and the Things are beings like Dragonmen, snakes, etc.
We don't have enough info about it, so let's stay away from conception for now.
Ok

I love isekai

Chapter 16(slowly): Hajime used space magic to open a portal to another manga.

Chapter 36(rivalry): Shizuku's katana could use magnetic mode after it was upgraded with gravity magic.

Chapter 40(priorities): They used space magic to manipulate the pages of the manga and travel the panels.

You can also find multiple feats for toon force. I recommend reading the whole thing.
This is what is needed.
1)Ancient magic can be imprinted into the soul

2) Concept magic is powered by will(soul)

3)mana is the only thing that can hold concept magic as a spell or divinity stone(crystalized mana).

Could those energies have somekind of CM ? or be conceptual because they're created from conception ?
Maybe.

Example? I'm forgetting.

It's a possibility. Tensura is the easiest case for me. Magic is CM1.

Do you want talk philosophy?
Nope

Unless you simplify it
So you are saying the difference between (at least in your example) soul magic and soul based attacks as well as magic and mana must be what...being conceptual?
Maybe
I would generally say that mana is an energy source that can manipulate reality.
Let's not go crazy
Not necessarily no. That's like saying because God created the universe, the universe must also be equal to God.
Except conception is converted into those energies, conception(particles) are converted into of soul and mana(particles).
Yeah its clearly based off of Plato's Theory of Forms. The Archetypal Form is DRAGON and the Things are beings like Dragonmen, snakes, etc.
If you say so

It explain his ability to summon, control or use the power of every "snake" or "dragon".
Most likely, it was one of the authorities of the “Dragon” that ought to be called as “legend reproduction miasma”. Ch 424
That was so. An out of bounds existence that had the means to do “pseudo-revival and subordination” of mythological dragons, not only existing dragons, and to do it in a world-wide scale. Normally nobody would easily reach an idea of comparing themselves to such existence. And even if somebody could, they wouldn’t go as far as carrying out the idea. Ch 481

Is "dragon factor"=concept of dragon?
It was because the “Dragon” possessed the authority that could interfere with all kinds of dragon. Even when it was only in a state of waking up from sleep, even mythological existences got quasi-revived under its control. That threat was still fresh in their memory.

In addition, Tio who was from a dragon race also wasn’t an exception from that influence.

Due to “Miniature Garden” acting as an isolated space, as well as numerous artifacts defending against the influence, and Tio herself using her age of god magic as well as her own mind resistance, she got off unscathed from the episode but…… Ch 481
Tio and other members of dragon race could transform into dragon was because they as a race had “dragonification factor” mixed into their soul.

That story was something that Hajime and Tio had confirmed between them during the time before the final battle in Tortus, when Tio was learning how to transform other races into black dragon as her new magic.

After all, that magic worked by Tio duplicating her “dragon factor” and inserting it into the target.

「Not to mention, as the result of you continuously enduring the interference of the “Dragon”, you became able to sense your “dragon’s factor” even stronger than before──no, you became able to sense “dragon’s factor” even in other people. Anyone else would also easily reach the same idea if they know that.」

Hajime shrugged and easily spoke something absurd.

「──Even Tio, should be able to do similar thing even if not to the same degree like the “Dragon” shouldn’t she? That kinda idea.」Ch 481
This mean she was transforming monsters and corpses into black dragons by adding this factor into them(Vol 12). Change the soul= change the body
This seem more than just soul manipulation to me.

Possibly CM type 3 for the soul or dragon factor ?
3. Lesser Fundamental Concepts: Concepts that don't meet the same standards as Type 1 or Type 2, such as personal concepts that continue to govern the object in question, merely on a more specific scale, or concepts whose nature is not elaborated upon. Case-by-case specifications and explanations are necessary for such concepts and examples, and they are likely not going to meet the same standards for abilities such as High-Godly regeneration that other concepts may. Conceptual manipulation of this type can be resisted by those who resist sufficiently similar abilities, even if the exact mechanics may differ.
Don't forget that the dragon race was created by Ehit group.

Last edited:
Nope

Unless you simplify it
I probably could but it'd be very theoretical at that point.
Yeah well until we can properly define that distinction we aren't going to get anywhere.
Let's not go crazy
Wdym..... that's literally what it does all the time. Magic is just the application of mana; even raw mana can still affect fundamental aspects of reality like space. Ancient Magic may be the conceptual manipulation of the laws that govern reality however they still require mana to work.
Except conception is converted into those energies, conception(particles) are converted into of soul and mana(particles).
That still assumes that the conversion is 1:1. Also I find it a bit dubious for the energy that produces the Nine Realms to be equal to the Branch that contains them let alone the World Tree.
If you say so

It explain his ability to summon, control or use the power of every "snake" or "dragon".
Yeah just like how archetypal concepts work, everything that that falls under a particular concept also originates from said concept.
Is "dragon factor"=concept of dragon?

This mean she was transforming monsters and corpses into black dragons by adding this factor into them(Vol 12). Change the soul= change the body
This seem more than just soul manipulation to me.

Possibly CM type 3 for the soul or dragon factor ?

Don't forget that the dragon race was created by Ehit group.
Normally I wouldn't consider this on the level of CM if we are simply going by feats and what was strictly said. You could just argue that the "Dragon factor" is simply a spirit particle or unique element within an individual's soul that is connected to the conception of DRAGON.

However, to play devil's advocate, you could argue that the authority DRAGON possesses is simply its existence or embodiment of the concept of dragons. Therefore, the interference or manipulation of anything related to DRAGON is fundamental to their existence. In other words, without the dragon factor, they wouldn't be connected to the conception of DRAGON. So it'd be reasonable to conclude that the dragon factor must be some level of abstraction within their souls, especially since it's specifically distinguished from being their souls themselves. Also, to supplement that you point out that TIo is also compared to DRAGON, not in terms of existence, but in her ability to produce similar effects via manipulating said dragon factor.

That's generally how I'd argue it if I believed this was truly CM. I don't think this is entirely relevant or necessary because Tio should already have higher CM for both resisting Concept Magic and using Ancient Magic. What could be more interesting is all the hax associated with just being able to manipulate ANYTHING related to the conception of DRAGON or that possesses dragon factor....that's actually OP.

Tio vs Veldora (tensura), TIo just takes away his dragon factor. Or she just makes herself a True Dragon lmao. (I'm mostly joking but it'd be funny).

Ancient Magic may be the conceptual manipulation of the laws that govern reality however they still require mana to work.
And they can be resisted alongside concept magic through will(soul).

Forgot this: Each world inhabitants have a distinctive soul that associate with that world energy. The energy(mana, willpower...) is a part of their soul and come from it.
That still assumes that the conversion is 1:1.
Yes
Also I find it a bit dubious for the energy that produces the Nine Realms to be equal to the Branch that contains them let alone the World Tree.
Agree with that, but let's wait for more details about conception.

BTW, conceptions is just the most fundamental energy that is the make the others. Nothing about it creating the world.

Although both Ehit and Abe no semei used the planet energy to create a pocket dimension, the latter had a different timeflow.

Normally I wouldn't consider this on the level of CM if we are simply going by feats and what was strictly said. You could just argue that the "Dragon factor" is simply a spirit particle or unique element within an individual's soul that is connected to the conception of DRAGON.

However, to play devil's advocate, you could argue that the authority DRAGON possesses is simply its existence or embodiment of the concept of dragons. Therefore, the interference or manipulation of anything related to DRAGON is fundamental to their existence. In other words, without the dragon factor, they wouldn't be connected to the conception of DRAGON. So it'd be reasonable to conclude that the dragon factor must be some level of abstraction within their souls, especially since it's specifically distinguished from being their souls themselves. Also, to supplement that you point out that TIo is also compared to DRAGON, not in terms of existence, but in her ability to produce similar effects via manipulating said dragon factor.

That's generally how I'd argue it if I believed this was truly CM. I don't think this is entirely relevant or necessary because Tio should already have higher CM for both resisting Concept Magic and using Ancient Magic. What could be more interesting is all the hax associated with just being able to manipulate ANYTHING related to the conception of DRAGON or that possesses dragon factor....that's actually OP.

Concept magic require a stronger mind(soul)
“Well, the reason for that is... I guess, simply put, our brains got overheated with information.”

“What do you mean by that?”

Shea cocked her head in confusion.

“Uh, so, when the knowledge of how to use the final ancient magic, metamorphosis magic, reached our brains, we learned how to do something else too. But that knowledge put too much stress on our minds, and we lost consciousness.” Vol 10 p211

Hajime explaining Metamorphosis magic :
“I think dragomen’s transformations use the same principle as well... I have no idea how it gets inherited, though.”

“Oho. So metamorphosis magic is the foundation that our race’s abilities are built on... I see.”

Tio lapsed into thought, and Hajime continued his explanation. Vol 10 p215
The soul factor is not related to metamorphosis magic, It could be a soul thing

Another proof that the soul affect the body
“Oh yeah...” Kaori mumbled, remembering that she still hadn’t swapped bodies back yet. Apostles technically did have blood flowing through their veins and since Kaori’s soul was in this body, it affected the taste of her blood, but the base materials were still Ehit’s. Vol 13 p393

Tio vs Veldora (tensura), TIo just takes away his dragon factor. Or she just makes herself a True Dragon lmao. (I'm mostly joking but it'd be funny).
Damn, didn't think of that. but if it's true then Shenron(Dragon Ball) and many other charcter could get oneshot with this.

Last edited:
And they can be resisted alongside concept magic through will(soul).

Forgot this: Each world inhabitants have a distinctive soul that associate with that world energy. The energy(mana, willpower...) is a part of their soul and come from it.
Yeah that seems align with what I'm saying.
Agree with that, but let's wait for more details about conception.

BTW, conceptions is just the most fundamental energy that is the make the others. Nothing about it creating the world.

Although both Ehit and Abe no semei used the planet energy to create a pocket dimension, the latter had a different timeflow.
Alright
Concept magic require a stronger mind(soul)
Yeah but what I'm describing isn't concept magic. This moreso having absolute authority over an existing concept. Whereas concept magic is enforcing an abstract idea into reality through your own willpower. Besides Tio can probably handle concept magic at this point.
Hajime explaining Metamorphosis magic :

The soul factor is not related to metamorphosis magic, It could be a soul thing

Another proof that the soul affect the body
Hmm
Damn, didn't think of that. but if it's true then Shenron(Dragon Ball) and many other charcter could get oneshot with this.
Well it definitely wouldn't work on Veldora but its definitely interesting.

Conception≈concept magic ?

The empowerment from conception here and here seems like evolving/upgrading the very being of someone into higher state.

That is also something that info magic could do, by the evolving the will of someone into a conceptual level to create concept magic.

Ehit had resistance to concept magic and all he did was collect conception over the years.

Conception≈concept magic ?

The empowerment from conception here and here seems like evolving/upgrading the very being of someone into higher state.

That is also something that info magic could do, by the evolving the will of someone into a conceptual level to create concept magic.

Ehit had resistance to concept magic and all he did was collect conception over the years.
They probably both seem to operate on similar levels although at certain point it seems like concept magic is inferior to the idea of conception. Especially considering the lengths Tio had to go through to resist said interference from DRAGON.

They probably both seem to operate on similar levels although at certain point it seems like concept magic is inferior to the idea of conception. Especially considering the lengths Tio had to go through to resist said interference from DRAGON.
Didn't think of that, yeah if it wasn't that dangerous Hajime could have just made an artifact to counter it.

BTW, DRAGON could manipulate everyone, it's just that when it come to dragon it was an authority.

Im still not 100% sure.

For now

Earth= willpower
Tortus= mana
Hell=
Heaven= element of thought
Ehit's world=
Desert world= blessing
Lutria's world= spirit element
Machine world= star energy
Dragon world= positive/negative energy
Would you say each realm has it's own power system due to their varied energy sources? If so, how would describe each one?

I can't remember if Ehit referred to Ancient Magic but another name since it originated from his realm iirc. Maybe they simply saw it as law manipulation rather magic or something more scientific.

Would you say each realm has it's own power system due to their varied energy sources? If so, how would describe each one?
It's lacking, but it will do.

It's lacking, but it will do.
Yeah I guess that works for now

Anything similar to Arifureta ?

Anything similar to Arifureta ?
I know the verse pretty well and read through most of the page...I'd would say Arifurtea is nowhere near as in-depth when it comes to Magic comparing the two.

I know the verse pretty well and read through most of the page...

I'd would say Arifurtea is nowhere near as in-depth when it comes to Magic comparing the two.
I know, they're just similar, and it's a little bit rush to judge the power system when we know nothing about Ehit world.

Alot of stuff are unknown, alot of stuff happened in the past like sealing the sealing the World
There was no clear division. If there was an other-worlder who sided with Earth, then there was also an earthling who sided with the other world.

But, it seemed definitive that there was an outbreak of conflict that crossed the two worlds.

As a result, a power that was equal to the work of god transformed the other world into “hell”, and the losers were locked in that world.

「The demons are the other-worlders who lost the conflict, and the earthlings who sided with those other-worlders — being reduced to a mere shadow of their former selves. My understanding still cannot catch up with the details, but in order to survive in that changed world, they devised a method to survive with only their souls.」

At the same time, the bloody wind that was blowing violently in hell――that which was called as “the wind of lamentation”, seemed usable to form a transient flesh body which was centered on the soul. Ch 308
「It looks like you knew about the fact that the time difference itself exist only just now huh.」

「……Yes, a small concept like time is something alien for god. However, for fellow planets where the great tree exist in each, difference in the flow of time shouldn’t……is this also the influence of many of the great trees being lost? Or perhaps the cause came from the world being closed……」

Lutria got immersed in some kind of thought in the middle of her words and she started muttering to herself. Hajime narrowed his eyes while the other people were showing confusion. Ch 491

Last edited:
Could this prove that their soul is different ?
『The spirits are also not harboring any negative feeling. They just aren’t used to all of you. Because children of foreign world are different in presence. They will become used to it before long. So there is no need to worry.』Ch 492

Anything ?
「So this is something like Noah’s ark huh.」

In the first place they were the people of god. Their magic technology was astounding. The research that they carried out with mad desperation while the danger of destruction was approaching showed astonishing great strides.

A colony of treasure warehouse with miniscule size of grains of sand that numbered in the tens of thousands.

The other dimension that each grain possessed was unified internally to create this vast isolated space.

Even if half of their number was destroyed, there would be no effect to the contained world. At the inside, it was possible to create anything that one wished for by transmuting every kind of mineral particles that were stored inside.

Generation of air and soil, propagation of plants and animals, the technology to preserve them for eternity with time stasis.

The function of reading the information from outside and storing it.

Ability of autonomic movement, camouflage ability by interfering with wind and heat and light, ability to turn into mirage.

And then,

「The function to control all functions and protect the lives inside, me──Eto Shin(Eternal Protector)」Eternal Artifact Ch 3
This is the pocket dimension of the "mirage", each grain of sand is a pocket dimension.

Moon ?
──OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN

The dragon roared.

The tough black scales that weren’t stained by anything else reflected the moonlight. Her golden eyes that resembled the full moon that was shining in the sky glared down at Eto Shin.

There was no doubt that a great panic would occur if this place was earth. However, surely there would also be people who got entranced by this beautiful flying monster that appeared smack dab in the middle of the residential area. Eternal Artifact Ch 4
The full moon that was floating in the night sky was illuminating the world with abnormal brightness. Under that light, the five attack helicopters──according to Hajime’s knowledge, they were most likely JSDF’s Apache. They seemed to be the Longbow type. Five missiles were fired from them.

「Leave it to me!」

The dragon’s roar met them. Black flash mowed down the missiles in a straight horizontal line as though to paint out the clear moonlight. Eternal Artifact Ch 4
There is also a sun, but these could be just background.

It has a temporal dimension
It was unknown how long they stayed like that. The one who broke the silence first was Eto Shin.

「……I had continued to think within a slowed flow of time.」

「About what?」

「Why didn’t the people wish to continue to live. Why, wasn’t I unable to make the people wish to continue to live.」Eternal Artifact Ch 4

Last edited:
Eto shin's puppets
「Therefore, Nagumo Hajime, I created the dummies of you four.」

「D-dummy you said? Just like Tou-san and Kaa-san before this you mean?」

「No. Those creations were the highest class of product made from the most complex technology to reproduce autonomous as well as coherent speech and conduct using vast amount of experience, personality information, as well as reproducing pseudo soul. Because of that they can only function within my secluded world.」

「In other words, the dummy that you made outside were just absurdly elaborate puppets that couldn’t move?」

「Affirmative. Those two judged that you four were simply unconscious.」Eternal Artifact Ch 3
and
They yelled at the four, but they showed no sign of waking up. Even when Kaori tried using a magic for doing medical examination to detect abnormality in the body, the result that came back was that there was no problem with them. It really looked like they were just sleeping.

Even so Kaori invoked healing magic just in case. She used three kinds of healing magic at the same time that not only healed wound, but also abnormal status and magic power exhaustion. Her white staff shined brilliantly and gentle light purple llight showered Hajime and others. Eternal Artifact Ch 4

Anything ?

This is the pocket dimension of the "mirage", each grain of sand is a pocket dimension.
SCP vibes?
Moon ?

Yeah that's a possibility but if the dimension is said to be big enough and even contains stars then they could be real.
Not sure if time flow is an indicator of its own time dimension. If it can be proven that it has its own concept of time then yes.

SCP vibes?
Why surprise ?

We already got Myu and Kousuke.

Not sure if time flow is an indicator of its own time dimension. If it can be proven that it has its own concept of time then yes.
Eto Shin was created using soul, space and time magic.
Generation of air and soil, propagation of plants and animals, the technology to preserve them for eternity with time stasis. Eternal Artifact Ch 3
Eto Shin had the function to trace back the past of person, object, and land and read their memory. It was one of its functions to gather information from outside, because it was also shouldering the role as the kingdom’s library by recording and preserving every information. Eternal Artifact Ch 3

Anything ?

Uhhh wtf is this even? Like I get it's a Treasure Trove with an endless amount of dimensions stored inside the grains of sand within it. But who made it? And who can manipulate the entire thing? It seems interesting but nobody scales.
Moon ?

Well if there's a Moon then you just need to figure out the roche limit.
I don't think that necessarily implied this statement alone. At least this doesn't mean it has its own space-time.

Back