• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Discussion Thread 2

Kousuke's Damage Transferal ?
――Apparition Yu

A beetle monster that looked like three legged soft-shelled turtle with wings. It was also called with another name of “Shui Nu”. By holding sand in its mouth and shooting it, the opponent that got hit by it would have disease of fever and headache that could kill be planted inside them.

The clone dodged the sands that were scattered like buck shot but one grain grazed him. His consciousness turned hazy from just that. He immediately created another clone while the affected clone dispersed to neutralize the disease, but the disease sands kept being fired in spreading radius. It became a barrage that didn’t allow the clones to approach the apparition.

Last edited:
GHOST ?
Ghosts are just the thoughts of the dead or just their manifestation. those thoughts include hate, grudge, revenge, resentment... like an evil spirit sometimes they can be incorporeal like a spirit or a curse and they possess corpse (undead).

Possible evidences: (Spoiler alert)

1)Meld and Eri's necromancy. The reason Meld asked Hajime to kill him is because Eri turned him before his soul completely left the body. Necromancy work on the mind of the living and not their soul. 1 and 2

2)The ghost that possesed Kaori in the ship grave yard. It was ghost with thought of not dying, if it was a soul then it didn't disperse like what a soul does normally.

3)Ehit's shadow(not 100% sure). My bad on this one, apparently Ehit didn't adapt and actually died, what remain his will to stay alive. The ghost of Ehit(remind me of Kratos vs Zeus).
That thing was also absorbing everything in the holy precinct including conception, but he still has his soul.

4)Yue creating ghosts. The thoughts of the dead remain intact to body. If time limit was a problem for resurrection how could she do this?
When I was sweeping, a family from somewhere came and stood for long in front of a grave. During that time, a person who seemed to be the daughter broke out crying, the person who seemed to be the mother and a person who seemed to be the big brother were desperately consoling her.

It seemed that there was something she wanted to tell to the dead person no matter what.

It was pitiful. Even though it was right before her eyes, but to be unable to convey her feeling……

I was unable to just watch and activated soul magic. The person who she wished for appeared in front of her. The family was taken aback from shock, even the dead person was surprised and screamed 「Hiih, what happened!?」, but at the end it looked like they were able to understand each other, and everything end well.

But, perhaps because of the influence of the activated soul magic, the ground of the graveyard became overflowing with evil spirits of rivers and mountains. A blunder.

It seemed they were somehow revitalized? And then they rampaged.

Even poltergeists were occurring.

Personally, I was feeling ‘damn you’. Because, even though I’ve finally swept the ground!

I am Yue. A ghost buster who is merciless even against the dead!

I swept clean the grave, and also the evil spirit thingy lurking around there thoroughly. I felt really refreshed. ch 285
If they were regular souls, why would she treat them like that?

5)Shadow Monks and Onmyodo techniques use necromancy like this:
Cold air was weaving in between the violent gales of the battle of onis.

Hinata gasped in surprise and turned her gaze there. Resentment toward the living was reverberating from inside the dark forest. What appeared from there was transparent people and animals……

「A swarm of ghost!? Animal ghost too!? I can’t believe they are using the resentment of the dead!」

There was necromancy technique of stuffing the thought of dead existence into the technique and gave them shape. If the caster used corpse, they would be able to create the so called jiangshi――an apparition of hopping vampire like in movie. ch 321
and
『There is no need to worry. It’s just a plan for stopping pursuer when we retreat. We are hiding cursed item in the escape route.』

It was a sorcery that worked by stuffing the flesh of criminal into a pot. By confining them in prison even after their death, their resentment was fermented.

If the pot was smashed, powerful curse that was like a smoke would instantly spread in a wide range. The consciousness of anybody who touched the smoke would be filled with the resentment of the dead and they would fall unconscious. Naturally, they would lose vitality and died if they came into contact with the smoke too long. ch 323
And this guy:
――Apparition Feijiang

He was a high ranked Jiangshi, in other words, Chinese hopping zombie.

Actually Jiangshi was graded from 1 to 8. The standard Jiangshi that often appeared in movie was mostly rank 1 until rank 3 Jiangshi.

Rank 5 Jiangshi that had obtained power of Buddhism and the ability to fly freely, while at the same time retaining their full intelligence when alive, that was Feijiang.

He was an ancestor of “Zhen Ying”, one of the protector of their family lineage. He had continued polishing his martial art for hundreds of years and even obtained powerful power of Buddhism. He was so to speak like what Hinata would call as “Zenki”. ch 323
I think this something similar to what demons do. When they are corrupted they can gain their sanity back by strengthning their soul, but unlike them demons are able to possess machines and objects because they are souls. Although Eri was able to use Dark Magic on Shizuku's katana, but their creation include Metamorphosis Magic.

6) Helmut and the DRAGON(not 100% sure). Helmut was literally a mad dragon made from negative energy and full of hate toward everyone for killing his family. Not sure about the DRAGON although it seemed very resentful.
――Erase all that in your way

――Release

――Everything back to nothing……

――Return to the origin……

Something’s voice resounded inside his head
. He wasn’t even clear at what the voice was saying but, he was very clear of what had to be done.

『We’re going out too. Even if we are annihilated, the revival of the “Dragon” must succeed no matter what.』

『Roger.』

Yes, the revival of the “Dragon”.

Exterminate the descendants of the annoying clan that laid out the barrier. ch 322
Still not sure if this thing is completely dead.

Possible AE for ghosts:
Abstract Existence is the ability to embody an abstraction, such as a concept, thought, or information.
For being the thoughts, emotions and possibly memories of the dead.
This isn't far fetched knowing their will can become a Concept.

Reincarnation : is when the soul doesn't get wiped clean and retain some of it's memory. (soul≠mind)

Anything else to add?

Last edited:
Does this contradict it ?
It seemed they weren’t physically eaten because of the shadow body. But, there was no way they could feel relieved from that. There was no way Yamato no Orochi had just taken a meaningless action.

「Tsu, their soul is disappearing?」

Dread ran through their whole body. It couldn’t eat the flesh body. Then, it would eat human’s mind, their soul. Naturally what lied ahead from there was the death of mind. It was a straight course to become an invalid. ch 424

Breaking the 4th wall ?
“Heh, it’s pretty nice having a test subject that’ll just keep infinitely reviving."

Hajime-kun, if you keep this up, you’re going to get this novel an R rating."

The Hydra could tell if it let itself be caught by this mad synergist, it would be suffering for a long, long time.

“Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”It roared and unleashed its aurora breath Vol12 Myu's new friend
I think there is other scans that shows them knowing they're inside a novel or something similar.

Last edited:
Chapter 489:
「……Not only that, you also suggested the apostleization of Shizuku and others before the trip.」

Actually, that happened. Shizuku, Aiko, and Remia were already receiving the treatment to transform into apostle from Yue before going to the trip.

Shizuku from the start had intended to ask for the apostleization to be done to her too considering the matter of their lifespan, but it wasn’t like the lifespan problem had to be solved using the apostleization. Rather, the apostle method would require more adjustment because in exchange of stopping aging, they would need to use metamorphosis magic if they wanted to change their appearance to suit their actual age.

It was an important point in order to live in society, so even if they wanted to go through the apostle route, it would be fine to do it at a later date.

In fact, Hajime hesitated when it came to Myuu because he wanted her to grow up naturally, but in the end the treatment wasn’t applied to her.

ch 489
Since the DRAGON incident Hajime has been "sensing" upcoming danger, that's why he was upgrading everything.

This is interesting and cool but the scan doesn't even remotely say nor directly imply what you said. Its certainly a probable assumption
That's not the scan.

Here, and there is more
「……You’ve heard from Kaori right? The other purpose of the trip.」

「Yeah……. The trip is to erase my stupid needless fear, right? My bad. I’m being excessive even though you guys are being considerate of me……」

Yue shook her head slowly.

「……It looks like everyone think that Hajime is worried about the unknown too much because of the “dragon incident” but, it’s a bit different with me.」

「Hm? What do you mean?」

「……I think, something might happen in this trip. Perhaps, you’re unconsciously sensing that Hajime.」

「That’s……no, there won’t. What do you mean sensing? Don’t tell me Yue, you’re sensing something?」

「……No, nothing. But──」

Yue’s gaze moved from the dancing people to Hajime.

「……If everyone is trying to reassure Hajime, it should be fine if at least I’m alone is worrying together with you right?」
CH 489
Hajime's statements of sensing an upcoming danger was repeatedly mentioned throughout the series after he sealed the DRAGON. He even stopped sleeping or spending time with them because he was busy preparing for the "unknown".

It was their idea to travel The Nine Realms to help him relax, and he still refused to take the parents.

Last edited:
That's not the scan.

Here, and there is more

Hajime's statements of sensing an upcoming danger was repeatedly mentioned throughout the series after he sealed the DRAGON. He even stopped sleeping or spending time with them because he was busy preparing for the "unknown".

It was their idea to travel The Nine Realms to help him relax, and he still refused to take the parents.
That's better

Info about the last arc from chapter 489:
Next chapter we will enter the other world trip arc. At the same time it’s planned to be something like a long prologue for the final long arc. In this regard, my apologies but for the sake of the Plot-kun that is already dying from having revision forced into it, and also for the sake of my piling up personal businesses, I’ll be taking a little break.

And so, the next update is planned to be at April 6. I’m sorry but, please allow it!

Doesn't mean its a rule
I think their senses could reach cosmic awareness
Cosmic Awareness is the ability to observe phenomena and be aware of events on a cosmic scale, though the specifics may vary. Users of Cosmic Awareness can often sense others and detect potential threats across an interstellar, galactic, or even universal scale, with the greatest of users being so tuned in that they can feel out even the specifics of molecular movements across such distances. Cosmic Awareness is associated with both Clairvoyance and Enhanced Senses and acts as a combination of the two that takes it to a much higher scale, allowing users to observe others from across vast interstellar distances and "hear" things across such spaces.
Just remembered that (possibly) all of Hell residents including the lower demons were able to sense Kousuke without a problem, does it prove they have better senses ?

Even Concept Magic artifact are affected by The Interval of Worlds
Hajime didn’t know the situation in detail. He teleported to this side, however, the gap between worlds was too powerful and he got shifted to very far away from Shia’s coordinate. And so, after he arrived in this world, he adjusted the coordinate once more and teleported again here. ch 381
Lutria's world was the only universe with time difference, it could mean that there is a distance between them, or that the gap separate between them, and there is a statement that Hell is below Earth.

Distance between Earth and Hell:
「The world that we humans titled as “hell”, is truly in a state that is worthy of the title “hell”, but once before it was overflowing with nature and was a world with rows of cities that were developed even further than the current Earth.」

From the beginning, “hell” was another world with an existence that overlapped with “Earth”. Although there was a gap between worlds, both worlds would occasionally influence each other――spirited away, supernatural phenomenon, UMA, etc.――due to the closeness.

And then, the residences of the world that were far more developed than Earth noticed Earth’s existence.
ch 308
Their position:
The witch that was burned to ash in the blink of eye raised a cry of death agony while――

――Unforgivable-, you two can fall to hell!

She said such clichéd line. But, it seemed that it wasn’t a simple parting threat.

「Ah?」

「Eh?」

Hajime and Shia’s voice slipped out at the same time. Because under their feet, more accurately the whole open space was shining intensely.

――O dregs of the rotten world tree! Open the door toward the overlapping worlds! ch 344

Last edited:
Soul Magic and Kousuke cloning technique :
「Obviously it’ll be real hard to do something like creating clone body using soul magic so you can go to a trip while doing teaching work simultaneously.」

That was their actual strategy so Aiko could take a long vacation while also still teaching.

The impetus for the idea was of course a certain Abyssgate-san. His clone bodies were produced by his skill but, originally that skill could be categorized as soul magic.

By copying the information of one’s own soul and imprinting it into a body of magic power, it became possible to have another body that could move autonomically and share information. It was a magic with the highest level of difficulty.

「I thought that it would be possible somehow if it’s just creating one clone but……after all I can insert pseudo soul into plant to make it fight for me.」

「I guess there is a world of difference in difficulty level between simple combat action and a perfect copy of the user. In addition there was also the matter of time limit.」

「Yeah. To think that it’s that difficult to grant the clone the same level of autonomy like the original self……furthermore maintaining the magic also become more difficult the more advanced it is. Just what in the world is Endou-kun who is able to maintain several such clones all the time?」

「I’m also learning it once more after seeing Aiko’s hard work. Just how terrific the Abyss Lord is.」

Both could only put on bitter smiles on their faces.

In a glance, Kousuke looked like he was using clone bodies like it was nothing, but in actuality from the perspective of magic user, it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to call his skill in creating clones as godly.

Autonomy that wasn’t at all different from the main body, and equal combat ability. And right now he had even conquered the problem of durability.

On top of that was the aspect of “producing clones from clones in geometric progression”. Even Yue was made to say “It’s impossible for me. How is that possible?” to that.

「Well, if it’s like this then we can only lower the autonomy level a bit.」

「Right. I’ll make it only able to share information, and I’ll take remote control of it when it’s facing something that looks like it can’t deal with I guess……but, in that case」

Aiko looked at Hajime with an upturned gaze. It was as though she was observing his reaction.

Actually in this strategy, there was just one fatal flaw.

「I know. You’re talking about the creation of method to enable maintaining and controlling a clone even across worlds right?」

Yes, clone body couldn’t be operated from across worlds. That applied even to Kousuke. Solving that problem was left to Hajime but, the person in question didn’t look worried.

「I’ve an idea how to do it so don’t worry. I’ll finish it in time.」

「Amazing, so you might be able to solve it?」

「From the start I’ve been asked about it from Endou, if there’s something that I might be able to do about it.」

It was something that Kousuke had consulted with Hajime ever since the exorcist incident. Hajime had started researching the matter since that time and the basic part of that research result was being used for the interworlds communication.
ch 483
Kousuke learn to do it while conquering Reisen Labyrinth
――Then, even Iii-

Stir stir stir stir Something like a black mist was flowing out from between the gaps. It completely covered the ground in the blink of eye……

――Who the hell is going to give up at the end like this-, I’ll burn this soul until nothing remain-

Clone bodies were gradually rising from the black mist.

Naturally, Raisen’s degrading effect dispersed them.

Clone bodies were created again right after.

Disperse.

Appear.

Disperse, appear, further dispersion.

Disperse, appear, appear appear……

If it was dispersed then even more appeared! Appear appear appear disperse appear appear appear appear disperse appear appear appear appear appear appear appear appear appear disperse appear appear appear appear appear appear appear appear appear disperse――

The appearance rate of the clone bodies was suprassing Raisen’s magic power dispersion effect!

A sublime will was mastering the stunt of creating clone bodies from clone bodies at this eleventh hour, realizing multiplication at overwhelming speed!

Seeing that scene, seeing the friend who used his way of living as the support of his heart to rouse himself, Hajime was――

「Uwah, disgusting-」ch 353
Kousuke deserve better.

I think that clones and Dark Magic are related, the same way Eri use Dark Magic to manipulate the mind and memory, Kousuke copy his mind and give it a physical body made from mana.

Soul Magic and Kousuke cloning technique :

Kousuke learn to do it while conquering Reisen Labyrinth

Kousuke deserve better.

I think that clones and Dark Magic are related, the same way Eri use Dark Magic to manipulate the mind and memory, Kousuke copy his mind and give it a physical body made from mana.
Anything with Kousuke makes my eyes glaze over.

Ehit's clone
「Don’t tell me……」

Hajime’s eyes opened wide and he muttered. And then, as though to answer the continuation of those words, a silhouette floated up above the crystal pillar. The silhouette was fuzzy. It was human shaped with contour like a shadowgraph.

But, both Yue and Hajime felt sure the moment their eyes saw it. It was “him”.

Naturally it wasn’t the actual person. It was a soul fragment, or perhaps copy. Either way, it must be something like the caretaker of “his” facility.

“His shadow” that was forced to come out focused at the corpse just for a moment before laughing at Hajime and others. Or that was how it looked like. Its lips split into the shape of crescent moon. It was a way of laughing that was exuding ill will. Blu Ray SS 2: The Myth's Truth

Aura can distort space and mana can protect from spatiol distortion:

Hajime warping space with his aura :
「──”Limit Break”」

The crimson magic power exploded. Forgot about the atmosphere, the very space itself felt like it would be blown to smithereens from the shockwave that detonated around Hajime and Shia. That phenomenon that looked like a red moon instantly scattered away the twisting space and gravitational field.

The crimson shock wave blew away all the dumbfounded people. They were tossed around like a cloth flapping inside a bomb blast. Arogan, Gruelle, and Louis laid out their barrier with amazing reaction speed in order to protect their respective comrades and lords who were relatively near, but they were blown away along with their barrier.

The use of the “Limit Break” was only for an instant. Be that as it may, everyone there felt it. Everyone comprehended it. ch 338
G10 seeing spatial distortion :
「――Kill you.」

Completely different in intonation. It was like the figure that was loudly talking about justice until a moment before was just an illusion. Killing intent flooded out.

It was just for an instant. Less than a moment.

However, the “dread” that was shown in that moment was far removed from justice. The giant heaven soldier undulated as though it was hit with physical pressure. G10 hallucinated as though the space was creaking. Even Kouki and Kousuke stiffened unconsciously from the serious killing intent of the demon lord that they hadn’t felt for so long.

And then, Mother who was the target of that ghastly pressure was,

『Tsu――you’re speaking the impossible.』ch 373
BTW, Mother could precieve spatial distortion :
And then the metal ball charged at that spot with pinpoint accuracy. Normally that spot would be a spot of death that would blast everything along with space to pieces, but it was clear that the ball’s movement to that place was calculated seeing how the ball was clad in crimson light the instant it passed through.

Mother’s analysis ability seen through that the metal ball wasn’t affected at all by the space distortion because a type of space interference shield was laid over it the instant it passed that deathly spot. ch 380

Here, we have Hajime using mana(Mana Shockwave, Diamond Skin) to counter Ehit's spatial attack.

I think they can't affect space unless they have a high amount of mana like Hajime. Didn't Shia do something similar ?

Aura can distort space and mana can protect from spatiol distortion:

Hajime warping space with his aura :
This is valid.
Here, we have Hajime using mana(Mana Shockwave, Diamond Skin) to counter Ehit's spatial attack.
I think he's more blocking the explosions with equal for from his shockwaves rather than blocking spatial manipulation. Also he didn't block anything with just Diamond Skin, but Diamond Skin used on top of Aideon.
I think they can't affect space unless they have a high amount of mana like Hajime. Didn't Shia do something similar ?
Not sure if its the amount of mana or just raw output. As for Shea I don't recall.

I think he's more blocking the explosions with equal for from his shockwaves rather than blocking spatial manipulation. Also he didn't block anything with just Diamond Skin, but Diamond Skin used on top of Aideon.
In Zero, the apostle was able to counter gravity and space magic from Naiz and Miledi using her mana. It's on her profile.

The apostle Power Null barrier:
The two smiled bitterly at each other. No matter what attack they threw out, it would probably be nullified by that barrier surrounding her. Even if they could get past that, her equipment and her body were both so tough they doubted they could dent it. ZERO VOL1 p317
The apostle tanking Gravity Magic :
"What!?”

The walls of Hearst’s gravity prison grew thin in places, making it possible to see inside.

Oscar saw that she had her eyes closed and seemed to be concentrating on something. What surprised him most was that she’d been able to maintain her form. Anything stuck inside Miledi’s Nether Burst was crushed.

Miledi started groaning.

It was taking all of her concentration just to keep the skill going. Hearst’s mana and Miledi’s warred inside the gravity prison.
For the moment, they appeared evenly matched.

"Shit. The only thing I can think of is throwing this in there and—” Oscar twisted his umbrella’s handle. Before he could do any more though—

“O-Oh no!” There was a huge explosion, and Miledi’s Nether Burst was ripped apart.A huge cloud of dust ZERO VOL1
The apostle tanking Space Magic?(Void Fissure)
Naiz smiled at them and lifted each of them up with one arm. A few hundred meters away, there was an explosion of silver light. Even after Naiz had ripped apart space around her, Hearst was still fine, it seemed.
Keep in mind that she didn't had disintegration magic.

Not sure if its the amount of mana or just raw output. As for Shea I don't recall.
When Shia fused mana and spirit element :
「I succeed desuu!!」

Her rabbit ears went * PINN*. The vigor of her guts pose pierced the sky. Her raised up fist passed through the speed of sound very easily and caused an explosive sound to ring out loudly. The sky was also split from the after effect.

No, surely it was just a hallucination, no doubt about it. It only looked like there was a crack at the sky just for an instant.

This place was the “Miniature Garden”. Although the sky looked the same like the earth outside, there was a limit. There was a spatial wall up there but……it wasn’t so soft that it would be cracked just from someone making a guts pose──maybe.
ch 480
We have multiple feats of their aura affecting the weather, temperature, earthquake...

The Leviathan and the Devourer could passivly influence the weather, maybe it's because of their crimson aura like Hajime.

Do you think Ehit's soul shock the interval when he left The Holy Precinct and descended to possess Yue ?
(It was stated that he raise his existence)

Last edited:
Back