• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ares (God of War) vs Mundus (Devil May Cry)

Good match, I myself thought of doing this. I may go with Ares due to more sheer destructive power, I have to wait and see if Mundus has a feat compared to raising and smashing 4 mountains apart with TK. Anyone know why some Narutoforums calcs and blogs don't work? I made myself an account but even then it says I don't have clearance.

Literally the first thing Mundus starts with is Reality Warping, as shown in his only appearance where he created a dimension.

Unless Hades can breathe in space, and/or has a way to bypass Mundus's regen and kill him seconds into the fight, he's going to suffocate.

Gargoyle One said:
Literally the first thing Mundus starts with is Reality Warping, as shown in his only appearance where he created a dimension.
Unless Hades can breathe in space, and/or has a way to bypass Mundus's regen and kill him seconds into the fight, he's going to suffocate.
The dimension feat has been debated a lot. We agreed that while he did make it, we don't take that as an universal showing. Which is funny because Ares did the same here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Q7qOoTaL0

8:23 on, Ares creates a dimension specifically for Kratos and reality warps clones of him to fight him. Look at the stars and other celestial bodies in there. Ares (Hades is a separate character) shouldn't need oxygen at all, Kratos doesn't need it, neither does Poseidon or Zeus. I mean, heck, even then Ares could just bring them both to his dimension to even the score.

It being a Universal showing doesn't really mean anything, it could be multi-Continent sized at least.

In this case, is it the first thing he does?

And as for bypassing his regen, he could draw out his HP like he did to Kratos by luring him into giving life force to the ilusions of his wife and daughter. Not perfect and may not work too well, but Ares was the size of a mountain and he could Force strike Kratos mentally like he does to Kratos here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DahWgAlrOPU 3:35

Gargoyle One said:
It being a Universal showing doesn't really mean anything, it could be multi-Continent sized at least.
In this case, is it the first thing he does?
It wasn't the first thing he tried in the fight, but it was far from a last resource. He only waited because he still seemed to want Kratos to join him in destroying Olympus.

Gargoyle One said:
Well he had a way to lure Kratos, not much for Mundus.
True but like I said, his TK and reality bending attacks are something that Mundus may have no way to counter. But let's say that after that they fight in Earth, Ares has a massive size advantage and he doesn't lose any speed. He was massively hypersonic from his own feat show by the OP, while Mundus supposedly scales to Dante but still lost to him. Does Mundus have a solid counter against Island level Telekinesis or the massive power output Ares had? Because his death explosion was like a freaking nuke.

Ares wins easily here for a number of reasons:

┬À Physically more powerful than Mundus

┬À Has the DC advantage

┬À Likely more skilled in combat

┬À Has way more abilities to counter and defeat Mundus

It's actually the opposite....

Ares is stated to hold the world poorer and destroy it, which is baseline High 6A.

Mundus is superior to Abigail who is 172 terratons.

So Mundus actually has the AP advantage.

Now I NEED confirmation that they can survive in space.

@Gargoyle 172 Petatons = Fodder

Ares isn't stated to have the power to destroy the World, Helios is and Ares > him by a huge margin, secondly Helios alone has the power to make the Sun itself shine which is in the low Exaton range and Ares should be much stronger than Gaia.

Destroying the World = 5-B not High 6-A

Ever watched the fight with Kratos ? I'm sure Ares can if Kratos can 5:25 https://youtu.be/sQnZaTjFQYA

That's about 4 times above Baseline, to say it's fodder is ignorance.

No, Helios can't destroy the sun, if he was, he would be 4C.

To be fair, the continent size feat was be done quite casually, so it's likely that wasn't Abigail's true limit of power.

Also, while Helios has the power of the Sun itself, the God of War-verse hasn't the same cosmology of your reality, because of this it would quite illogical to assume that the GoW Sun is the same as our Sun.

Anyway, Helios was be stated to had enough power to destroy the world itself (which place him at High 6-A at minimum), and Ares is still more powerful than that guy, also Ares should be comparable in strength to Atlas (the guy capable to lift the entire GoW World with ease).

So i would say that in term of raw power/attack potency, they should be overall around the same level, while in term of physical strength Ares is superior.

ItalianGuy1234 said:
@Gargoyle It's fodder compared to what Ares can do

I didn't say Helios is 4-C, he's a high end High 6-A read more carefully.
You specifically said he could make the sun shine, which is star level.

@Stefano being a casually on 172 Petatons is lower than a casual Exaton level

It has nothing to do with size, the luminosity produced by Helios is already that powerful

Don't see the AP difference being so big based on their profiles. That and Ares should be superior to Atlas, who's strength range is at billions of tons. Ares' size advantage, telekinesis and massive shockwaves alone put him past Mundus' range without scaling. Also, let's compare their speed, Ares is massively hypersonic from his own feats, Mundus only from scaling to Dante, who still beat him.

Gargoyle One said:
Thanks for clearing it up.

So it seems Mundus has the AP here.
I don't think that Mundus would had any true superiority in AP in this fight either.

Remember that Ares, as well as be more powerful than Helious (the same guy who could destroy the entire GoW human world, which suggest that he could be able to generate much more than 3.8E+26 joules of energy), he is also comparable with Poseidon, someone who could shake the whole world with a thought and the same guy that was going to overpowered Gaia (a character who could moving continents and shifting tectonic plates with a mere thought or breath).

Clyde McReady said:
Also, let's compare their speed, Ares is massively hypersonic from his own feats, Mundus only from scaling to Dante, who still beat him.
Just because Mundus's speed come from powerscaling and Ares's speed come from his own feats, it doesn't mean that the latter is more impressive.

Also, Ares's speed is also based thought powerscaling, we never see him perform any speed feats, he is only that fast because of him be comparable with other characters.

Mundus is superior to a Mach 40,000 for crying out loud.

To say Mundus doesn't blitz because it comes from scaling is ridiculous

Gargoyle One said:
Mundus is superior to a Mach 40,000 for crying out loud.
To say Mundus doesn't blitz because it comes from scaling is ridiculous
Exactly, although i would like to point out that due of the new recents speed feats of Matthew Schroeder, speedblitz Ares isn't going to be a ease task for Mundus, not at all (especially if we use the High End of Zeus's Lightning Bolt feat).

Stefano4444 said:
Clyde McReady said:
Also, let's compare their speed, Ares is massively hypersonic from his own feats, Mundus only from scaling to Dante, who still beat him.
Just because Mundus's speed come from powerscaling and Ares's speed come from his own feats, it doesn't mean that the latter is more impressive.
Also, Ares's speed is also based thought powerscaling, we never see him perform any speed feats, he is only that fast because of him be comparable with other characters.
So you ignored the calc that the OP posted right there? Ares dodged a lightning bolt that traveled from Mt. Olympus to Cairo, Egypt in 5 seconds or less. That's legit. In giant form he is even tougher than before.

Clyde McReady said:
So you ignored the calc that the OP posted right there? Ares dodged a lightning bolt that traveled from Mt. Olympus to Cairo, Egypt in 5 seconds or less. That's legit. In giant form he is even tougher than before.
You know that i'm the very OP of this post, right?

@Gargoyle just because people are having a civil discussion it doesn't mean this thread needs to be closed.

I rest my case and say Ares got this.

Back