• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ares (God of War) vs Mundus (Devil May Cry)

Also, don't think we should close this. I don't feel insulted, you guys don't feel insulted, we're being pretty civil as of now.

Personally i'm voting for Ares due to his better speed feats, physical strength, better combat skills and arsenal of powers that could do a lot against Mundus in this fight.

The Warriors of Zeus moving at the speed of light is not wrong since it's confirmed, but their speed comes from opening a Hyperion Portal, which means it's probably more of a teleport-like ability than a combat speed ability. When asked about this, the lead designer (Mark Simon) even alluded to the ability being based on Zeus's own teleportation. So they can teleport at the speed of light, which is nice, but not useful in combat.

Kepekley23 said:
Ares's pocket dimension is an outlier. It had a galaxy in it.
Also there is nothing that suggest that the stars/galaxies show in the pocket dimension were real.

They may had be just mere illusions, just like with Mundus's pocket dimension.

It should also be noted there is absolutely nothing in the God of War canon to indicate stars are anything other then simple lights with no weight or size.

Stefano4444 said:
Andika CL atmadja said:
flying temple looks real tho
It may be real, but what about the rest?
using standard yes the rest is fake.

but i interest with flying island which ares created it. the island must be really big since 300 feet tall kratos looks like normal person due to it's size. Also you can die when you fall from that island.

another info: in GoW 2 cutscene when Ares sucked kratos to pocket dimension they both are disappear.

It's an outlier but so is Mundus' feat and at least in his dimension Ares had reality warping so still >> Mundus. The galaxy might be an illusion but I don't see you saying the same for other Dimension feats like Dracula's.

Clyde McReady said:
It's an outlier but so is Mundus' feat and at least in his dimension Ares had reality warping so still >> Mundus. The galaxy might be an illusion but I don't see you saying the same for other Dimension feats like Dracula's.
If the dimension is real and mundus created it it wouldn't be a outlier

How would ares get past his Regenerationn mundus has hax of his own like mind control and time manipulation

^Not happening, debunked years ago. No planet feats in DmC let alone Universal.

Ares has mind hax himself plus reality warping in his dimension, so that checks out.

It would be a 4a feat which would only scale to the god tiers

The Abigail we saw in the anime (who is the one with the high 6a feat) is much weaker then mundus

Mundus with his time manipulation can make time move faster or slower which would give him a big advantage

Make a CRT then. It's not in his profile.

If you want to argue things that are not in the profiles and outliers, i can easily make this a stomp in Ares's favor. Seriously, i can easily argue High 3-A GoW based purely on outliers and stuff that is not in the profile.

Seriously, there are a LOT of outliers in God of War that suggest a 3-A rating, and if you want to argue outliers i can easily make this match a stomp.

Andika CL atmadja said:
nope, ares is superior to hermes.
In term of power, yes.

In term of speed, hard to tell, Hermes is one of the fastest gods and the only character we see capable to nearly match him was GoW3 Kratos (who was at that point superior Ares), so is difficult to say if Ares can be scaled from him.

Back