• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are we NEVER EVER EVER allowed to bring up banned threads?

Even if we had (supposedly) valid points to make on those threads after they were quickly closed.

I thought this website was to allow for discussion and not silencing them based on how "taboo" they are.

Not taboo, more like overdone.

Most of the time, these banned threads were banned because people don't read older threads and use debunked points.

I think if you have good points they give a pass. As long as they are points that we not brought up before in another thread.

It's just quite fustrasting because I was responded to quite passive agressively with points I could've easily agreed with or argued against and had the thread closed quickly before I could bring those points up.

There was no rule against that thread that I found.

Sorry. With the Avatar revisions (thanks a lot for the help in that by the way), YYH revisions, and me inevitably going to have to participate in the Bleach and Naruto revisions, along with college stuff, I wasn't going to be the sole staff member arguing against a ton of points over and over on a topic that went through 700 replies already, in which I was a ton of them, and even then, I got pretty pissed (and would only add onto my current stress), just for the likelihood of either a) it goes nowhere, or b) my efforts once again are for nothing.

I say if its banned, ask staff to analyze your points and if you bring up new valid points worth talking about, then make a thread to discuss them.

We cannot argue over and over and over forever about the same issues, which is the reason for banning certain topics.

I know. Could I have a look at past Majora/Zelda threads to see if my points have been brought up and if not I'll bring them up with an admin?

I remember stuff like this happenening like when I tried to debunk relativistic, island-level Undertale and kept getting shut down, only to have those downgrades accepted weeks later.

I plan to attempt to get some of our more stricter rules about vs matches toned down slightly, that being one of them.

@Cal All the Marvel, DC and Dragon Ball pages put together don't even make up 6.7% of this site as a whole.

And that is a massive highball. One which counted verse pages, weapon profiles, blog posts, characters too OP for matches (TOAA, Writer, Endless, Abstracts, etc) and too weak for matches (Batman, Bulma, Videl, etc.)

The rule is not strict or restrictive in the absolute slightest. The amount is limitations it sets is extremely insignificant.

And in comparison it reduces the massive amounts of hostility, flaming, and requirement of staff intevention we all know just the few DB vs Comic matches can bring. I am fine with keeping the rules as they are.

LoudCloud said:
Even if we had (supposedly) valid points to make on those threads after they were quickly closed.
I thought this website was to allow for discussion and not silencing them based on how "taboo" they are.
It's a gamble really because if your "new viewpoint" turns out to be same old banal arguments you're going to be penalised quite harshly. Worse so if it's one of the more controversial topics.

But yeah you can talk about it; if you truly do have a good argument on your hands, the more power to you.

I think the DC vs DBZ thing is just to stop people from getting too emotional or heated. It's the VS Battle equivalent of a religious debate.

It also doesn't help the Superhero profiles are viewed as meaningless by many the way they are now. Superhero pages are a wild compromise that are simultaneously inaccurate and accurate depending on which comic you pick up. I do have a possible solution for them, but I'd put so much work on the admins here and I wouldn't want to do that to them.

LoudCloud said:
I think the DC vs DBZ thing is just to stop people from getting too emotional or heated. It's the VS Battle equivalent of a religious debate.
I agree entirely.

Especially as, like I keep emphacizing, banning DB vs Comic matches is such a massively insignificant limitation and very few of said threads could actually happen anyways.

Yet a lot of people were acting as if it's some massive restriction and that we're killing off so many match ups as a result.

Remember that most of these profiles are random one-offs. Nobody cares about a random SCP, a majority of the movie or book profiles, a random anime character that a handful of inactive members have heard of, most VN characters, a large portion of LN characters, an indie game only one member has played, or a no-longer-mainstream cartoon.

I find it much worse in other areas away from this site dealing with a bunch of unsurity, I think Dbz vs Comics should be okay here since we have solidified statistics and powersets on the characters as long as they follow in a respectful manner which should always be used here anyway

@Cal And remember that a good portion DC, Marvel and Dragon Ball pages can't even be put in a match like this in the first place. Still even if there are also many pages people don't care much about or would put in a match, the point is there is plenty of other things to choose from.

Okay so we don't allow a negligible little portion of match ups to be made due to their sheer toxicity and how they bring out the worst in this site. Not a very big loss we receive there.

Even if one would like these matches to be made, statistically speaking this is not a major restriction, overly strict or any significant limitation. That point at least cannot be used to justify bringing these back.

Back