• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I don't know if we consider this an outlier but I don't remember this being discussed.

Right now the Archangels are rated at High 6-A (for being stated to casually roast planets).

I remember it was stated that God and the Archangels fought the Darkness and as we know if they were only Multi-Continent Level they would have been in no way help to God in his battle with the Darkness and would have been killed Instantly.

Also God stated that he cannot casually create Archangels and that it would take a long time to do so but if he vastly surpassed them he should be able to make them no problem.

Though again I don't know if we expect them helping God as an outlier or not.

I remember that the Archangels being needed to fight the Darkness was one of the big argument against 3-A SN back then

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I remember that the Archangels being needed to fight the Darkness was one of the big argument against 3-A SN back then
That's funny being as it could be used to upgrade the Archangels instead of downgrading God, The Darkness and Death.

It's a double edged sword.

The Everlasting said:
I'm pretty sure the Archangels helped God seal the Darkness, not beat her in a fight.
But she would have just blinked them out of reality before the could do anything. Though it could be argued God was fighting her head on and they preformed the ritual/seal while she was distracted.

I think it's just a reason for why archangels are so strong. I recall Gabriel creating a very large number of pocket dimensions and some of them have suns in them.

Universal Archangels is uncertain.

However, Jack (Lucifer's son) does have some Universal-ish statements. He apparently can become so powerful as to destroy the universe via statements, caused "Cosmic shockwaves" while he was just a fetus, and his birth "tore the fabric of the universe", opening a hole in space-time to another universe.

I don't think so, given Lucifer is his power source, and Nephillims are stated to eventually become stronger than their Angelic Parent (likely because they have Grace + Human Soul)

Aww... And here i was hoping for a matchup... Oh well. Shouldn't they be somewhat comparable though ? I don't think he is "leagues" above, i honestly believe they'd be in the same power league.

This is for if Archangels are 3-A.

I mean. Jesse is (theoretically) =< Lucifer <<<<<<<<< God

By feats Jack is > God

So... I don't think we can scale Jesse to something who is likely far above his power source (and possibly God, who is far above said power source), even Michael stomped Main Luci and easily killed Alternate Lucifer

Jesse's best feat is Castiel vaguely saying he can annihilate the Host of Heaven with a word (Vaguely as in, I don't think we know what constitutes the Host of Heaven).

That doesn't mean he is God. When Castiel became "God", everyone thought he truly become a new God due to his power, but then a character who actually knows God in person (Death) took one look at him and went "Lol, you're not God. Not even close".

Wow... You didn't let me finish Matt. Power-wise, he thought he was God. This is the same Prophet who has seem Amara & God . He mistook him for God because of power. Whether or not he actually is equal is up to debate, but he obviously is the closest to him.

The Empty explicitily says that God didnt had the ability to awake Castiel "Think who could have waken you up, Castiel!!! No G-O-D" . Yet, Jack did it.

Jack is implied to be God level stuff.

As a fetus , Jack was stated to be able to destroy the universe. But... It was stated in the series that [ before his comparisons to God, implying he got far stronger ) : " One day he will reach Lucifer's level ". This statement made me ask this... So destroying a universe isn't anywhwre close to Lucy's full power ? Or , is that a hyperbolic statement ?

....Also " With a word, he (Jesse) can destroy the Host of Heaven "at his full potential . Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds on paper ? Based on the people in the Host ( Archangels ) , That's literally outstretches Lucifer by miles and likely Michael . That's a pretty ridiculous high-end .

Also, according to the wikia [ Which we have used and is very accurate in terms of consistently portraying the accuracy of the series ] : Archangels as a whole have the ability to shape alternate universes , Lucifer is an Archangel... He should be directly comparable powerwise, especially considering he is above the average archangel, but weaker than Michael consistently.

(Spoiler - Don't read if you haven't seen the latest Seasons/Episodes)

Well from what I can remember God himself said he wasn't the one to fight his sister The Darkness but instead he had the Archangels do most of the heavy lifting while he said he had only sealed her. I could be wrong but I thing he also said it was because since it was his sister she would have know it was him & what power he was rolling with, with the Archangels in play (four unknown beings) she didn't know they got the jump on her (this is also supported when they once said all the power of heaven, hell, Rowina/Rowena with the Book of the Damned, can't remember spelling, was just barely enough to weaken her similarly to the Archangel battle, then God moved in to seal her... until he took too long & she healed. To put it short & simple there's no way the Archangels could damage The Darkness unless they were remotely close & also why God would use 4 beings vastly weaker to himself.

The Everlasting said:
Jesse's best feat is Castiel vaguely saying he can annihilate the Host of Heaven with a word (Vaguely as in, I don't think we know what constitutes the Host of Heaven).
Late reply, but the Host of Heaven is all the Angels combined.

On Season 11, the Host of Heaven's combined power did very superficial damage to Amara.

In my mind, it only makes sense that:

The Empty/God/Amara >? Death =? Jack (full power) >>> Michael > Lucifer > Jesse

Also, I agree that the Archangels being High 6A is a bit underdeserved.

Jesse is a weird one. We should put him under " Full Potential " tab [ Castiel literally said at " Full Potential " ] ... Because based on Season 11, it makes no sense for him to be able to beat the whole of the Host of Heaven with a word ... When people he should be far weaker than had trouble with them ( AHEM Amara, who even as a human was stated to be above God... Yet at her full power state is still constantly stalemated by the full Host of Heaven, even on a temporary basis ) .

Current Jesse ( Possibly 3-A as he's comparable to Lucifer... W/O Lucy he could all hide himself from all the Angels and Demons... So yeah. ) l Full Potential Jesse is just weird. Based on the wording, he's A LOT stronger than Lucifer at full potential ( I seriously don't see any archangel , even those such as Michael and Lucifer, beating the full Host of Heaven with a word based on Season 11 ... However I am unsure where he is powerscalling wise ). He's >>>> God Castiel ( Who should be casually 3-A for oneshotting a Archangel ) , but < Amara , God, Death , Empty , etc by an Unknown amount, because we haven't seen him at this level yet and don't know how he compares.

Castiel was respected in power by Raphael, believing they could storm heaven together and be unbeatable.... That's weird. Then, you remember what happened to Castiel when he met Jesse... Lol. Jesse's definely above the average Archangel, and would get 3-A if the Archangels do. Question though whenever Lucifer gets a amp, is it implied Jesse gets one, sine their power source is connected ?

How is that PIS ? It's not like one angel oneshotted her . That'd be PIS to me IMO . Every angel in existence fought her off at once [ Including Michael, Lucifer, and every other Angel in existence ] , combined witht he fact she is weak to light, makes sense she got inncapacitated.

>Including Michael and Lucifer

No.

Michael is trapped in Hell and Lucifer attacked her later. Also the angels are a dying race due to Metatron making most of them fall in Season 8 or so.

...My mistake then. I still believe it isn't PIS that every angel combined [ sans 2 archangels ] can inconvenience her, when something similar took place before according to the story, and her weakness to light helps iron it out.

Lucifer is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other Angels even by strict powerscaling and he fully admits that even with God's help he's no match for Amara.

Actually Michael is at least as strong as lucifer, he was actually going to fight him, and, according to all prophecies, would win, he even did win in an alternate time line, effortlessly, though he was superior to his normal counterpart.

Michael and Lucifer are equal, but they are above all the other archangels.

This upgrade on the Archangles makes sense, god said in the episode before they fought Amara that the archangels are the stuff of primordial creation and would take too long to rebuild. God Castiel said he needs hell to keep Michael and lucifer in their cage, so he was concerned with them. Roasting planets is a very vague term.

To all those saying they didn't fight armara, They did fight amara, death says "There was the Darkness, a horribly destructive, amoral force that was beaten back by God and his Archangels in a terrible war. God locked the Darkness away where it could do no harm, and he created a Mark that would serve as both lock and key, which he entrusted to his most valued lieutenant, Lucifer".

Lucifer says "Yeah, first time it took the combined strength of me and my brothers to weaken Amara before Daddy-O finished her off. Even then it was close. Now with just the two of us, we'll lose".

I agree with Fankid. Let me explain carefully. I believe i found a scaling method without using Amara / The Darkness . Along with ehat Fankid stated :

Seraph Castiel >>> King of Hell Crowley, who effortlessly manipulated the totality of Hell ( which is implied to be a Universe ) . Seraph Castiel got beaten to a bloody pulp by Archangel Raphael, barely alive. This meant that Raphael is ridiculously stronger than Seraph Castiel. Gpd Castiel literally onesnapped Raphael. This meant that God Castiel is ludicrously superior to Raphael. God Castiel... Is ALOT weaker than the main Archangels ( Michael and Lucifer ) . Heck, like Fankid said, God Castiel felt concern over the piwers Michael and Lucifer had. Heck, God Castiel said he would destroy Hell, proving he scales to those high-ends as well. The people who scale to this are : All the Archangels, Seraph and God Castiel, King of Hell Crowley , the Anti-Christ ( Both current levels and full potential ) , and a few others.

Back