• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus Hax Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well even if its a flying move it could mean something. Though ignoring it even, Yveltals death powers in general represent the dark type and IIRC, in the movie his dark aura allowed him to absorb the life energy of pokemon just by being near it.

Also wouldnt the Lickwick line mean a thing? They are ghost types who can suck the life out of both people and pokemon with their mere presence, evident in the black and white anime.

@Kukui

There's no singular statement or move that correlates a particular type with Death in the Poke-verse to the best of my knowledge.

To be fair, Dusknoir's line and the Chandelure line have huge associations with death. I don't have a stance on this issue tho.

Well theres the move Momento that Zexgen pointed out but idk what if it holds any water.

Though did anyone forget about Leech Life and Giga Drain? they absorb the life energy of the opponents.

Death manipulation isnt bound to anything, neither does life/time/space, so on, so on. If you have attacks related to time or space in dragon type is for game mechanics.

Xerneas is the life pokemon. Its fairy and has fairy life-themed moves. Plant-types can create life.

If anything is related to Death as a concept is Ghost type: destiny bond and Curse.

N-No it shouldn't...Time//Space are a special subset of Dragon, not the full thing. Most Dragon Moves are just powerful strikes of Awesome Destruction. Nothing more.

"special subset of dragon" sounds like an excuse to me, no offense. Are they dragon type or not? What is this "special subset"? It is something never stated in the canon. If you use Roar of Time or Spatial rend, fairy pokemon would resist it. Do they have time/space resistance? Hell no, because time/space abilities ARE NOT RELATED TO THE DRAGON TYPE (sorry for the use of caps).

Dialga and Palkia would have time/spatial abilities no matter their typing because they are the embodiment of said concepts.

I believe that time and space is also represented by the psychic type, by moves like Trick Room, Hyperspace Hole, Future Sight, Cosmic Power, Ally Switch, Gravity, etc ...

Well for one, they are time/space itself as a whole and yet they still get the dragon type as pokemon. If it didnt matter what type they would get I don't see why Arceus would ever give them a type at all.

Secondly, even if time/space is considered dragon it wouldnt mean fairy types are resistant to it just because of type. All fairy types are clearly limited to the laws and effects of space-time unlike Dialga and Palkia and outside game-mechanics their moves are able to even cause distortions across universes. That is something infinitely beyond the scope of any fairy type in existence and to suggest they can resist that due to being a fairy type is not reasonable. Which is why they would be considered subsets like Dragon said. They are not normal dragon type moves which just cause destruction.

Ultimately, staff gets a final say but thats just it looks to me.

1) Because Pokemon is a game, and pokemon have types (also nintendo likes overpowered dragons).

2) I dont think fairy types should be resistant to roar of time or spatial rend because Dialga and Palkia > Fairies. I think that classifying something like time/space manipulation in one type is just wrong because, for starters, there are moves in other types that affect said space and time.

Its simple: time/space manipulation doesnt care about typing and them having a type is just plain game mechanic (legendaries usually have special moves related to their own typing, because STAB is a thing).

Also, both of them have shown Time/spatial manipulation outside of said two moves which means they are not restricted to them and that they are more of a game mechanic.

1.) So what if pokemon is a game? Lore wise if they weren't meant to be given types they wouldnt have been given them at all. They aren't just considered dragon type in game mechanics, they are considered that period.

2.) There is no other move in pokemon other than RoT and SR that affects time and space. The closest you can get is Trick Room and all it is really is simple pocket dimension creation and, if anything, reality warping. And are you sure about that? Outside game mechanics resistances can be thrown out the window in some cases. That goes for the opposite too. For example, Kyogre is a water type and Groudon is a ground type. In the actual lore and canon both are considered equals. But once we factor in game mechanics, Groudon wouldnt stand a chance due to type disadvantage. The same thing goes for Darkrai/Cresselia, The legendary birds, Xerneas/Yveltal, Lunala/Solgaleo too. Am I saying resistances are crap? Not at all. But they arent absolute like game mechanics abuses it to be. RoT and SR are again moves that are well beyond the scope that any other pokemon could even dream of reaching. Besides, if all else fails, whats stopping us from claiming fairy types have minor resistance to time/space hax so that they get the resistance but won't be shrugging off attacks from tier 2 mon?

Yes but the difference here is they use time/space manipulation as regular HAX. So of course it would be different than Rot and SR which are actual ATTACKS. You can't really treat any form/level of time hax as the same as RoT which is a mean that distorts time. Same thing with SR as well.

Yeah either a broken version of it or conceptual version. Either one is fine with us.

Also just a heads up. I have to go to bed now as its very late on my end so please no one close this thread yet while im asleep by any chance as I would still like to discuss this tomorrow. Thank you.

I think Arceus should have omnipresence as an ability like Palkia, Dialga and Giratina, the original spirit exists through time and space and in all living beings ...

Again, that has nothing to do with this topic. Please cease to bringing up other topics and take them somewhere else as they are derailing (and this thread does NOT need to be derailed any more than it has with the sheer number of replies as you can see).

Ok sorry, being a thread on the improvement of arceus hax I thought you could argue about any other hax related to Arceus...

Well, if we cannot reach a conclusion, it may be best to let the page be as it is.

Maybe. Though i'd like Cal and the others to give a final world on this too before this gets closed.

However Ant, if anything, could we always list on his page that his element manipulation is high level?

I agree with Ant here tbh. We can't come to an agreement here. Azzy's idea seems fine, but there are so many loose threads here that I honestly think we should leave things as is... And Arceus already has Elemental Manipulation, we all know it is powerful, that's almost common sense. There is no need to do all this imo...But if you must...

It seems reasonable, if we are not able to reach anything, it would be better to close this thread.

But if we can reach something would be fine...

Maybe it is for the best. Or maybe this is an option since no one has brought it up yet.

Azzy's and our idea's look fine but given the amount of doubt and repeated arguments being brought up, we could always list the types under possibly? That way it will acknowedge the possibility of Arceus creating the concepts of types while not completely confirming it.

But that isnt enough then I guess we can leave things as they are.

Well, I would appreciate some final input from Azathoth here.

Arceus more than likely created the concepts of the world, as the legends describe "the Original One" as shaping specific things into existence from a "churning turmoil of chaos, where all things became one". The only thing stated to exist separate from this void was the egg that contained Arceus, who then shaped everything. Another story even describes all sentient things being combined in spirit before Arceus shaped them. The matter and spirit he shaped these things from was described as being what was created by the Creation and Lake Trios, whom he made from himself.

At worst, Arceus created these concepts. He should likely have some form of control over them, though I don't believe it is complete.

Side note: Just to clarify a few things, these legends are actually confirmed to be accurate. Cynthia believing them to be myths happens before Cyrus attempts to use Palkia and/or Dialga to recreate the universe, and the HG/SS Arceus event confirms the "Original One" who gave rise to all is indeed Arceus.

Not those. Those are already accepted and listed on his profile.

I mean the concepts that come from the Pokemon types he himself created, like Electricity and Fire and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back