• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aquaman feats and skills

Well, the new abilities can probably be applied in any case.

Mr. Redic's calc is missing multiple factors though, and needs to be adjusted.

The new abilities should be fine (except Invulnerability).

Here DontTalkDT says that the drag coefficient for supersonic stuff would require experimental data. KE would be the most reliable result. So that's Large Island level.

Hmm well I had my suggestion with the Gal Gadot height but aside from that there's Redic's suggestion (but I think you've commented on that already)

Your first calc assumed an average Greek Woman for the comparison to Thenyscira to which I said Gal's height works better since she seemed to be the average Amazon in height.

If you mean Redic's it's above (he suggests accounting for Paradise Island in JL and accounting for the other islands as well as going with it being matter manip'd

Can anyone determine the traveling speed of Atlanteans based on this scene where they were going so fast their tridents were heating up? The best thing I could find to help is this calc for a sword dropping and heating up the air, but applying it deep underwater is the problem.

We will discuss some of Aquaman's feats and calculations. I think it's better to discuss this thread than to create another one.

Mr. Redic said:
Can anyone determine the traveling speed of Atlanteans based on this scene where they were going so fast their tridents were heating up? The best thing I could find to help is this calc for a sword dropping and heating up the air, but applying it deep underwater is the problem.
We'll just have to replace all the values in Lina's calc with underwater values I suppose.

Oh, nice. I will calc it myself and see what is the result and add this calc too, of course, with the credits

Maybe I can calc the trident ******* up with Atlantis, maybe Tier 6 results

Problem with the calc is that Stryker's Island is somewhere in the Delaware Bay but the blast doesn't reach Delaware or Jersey, so there's no way Doomsday's electric nuke is that big. It's bigger than this calcs estimate though, as it gets way bigger than the island. Using nuke energy also seems wrong, since it's not really like a nuke and he was displaying this power even before he was nuked. With all the electricity going around, I'm assuming it's more like ionized plasma, which is 10^10 j/m^3 according to the calculations page. If that's not helpful, maybe be we can reverse engineer something from this part where he's pulverizing/disintegrating buildings a good distance away from the epicenter.

There might be something in the DVD extras about old Atlantis to determine its size. This video is one extra, and it has some interesting stuff. I think it says there were 7 kingdoms even before Atlantis as a whole fell, and the interesting bit about the Sahara desert is that it used to be the lost kingdom, so presumably the rest of the kingdoms were at least as big combined at least, which I think supports the view that Atlantis was a full continent like the comic version.

There's aslo some cool stuff about the Brine, they harness the power of undersea lava flows, apparently hang out around the core, and they're tougher than normal Atlanteans.

I agree with it being nuclear since he absorbs the nuke's energy. The whole gimmick is he redistributes all that power.

That said tho an ionic plasma end could be good. Not sure about assuming the other kingdoms are Sahara size tho (I still think calling from the horizon is best)

If it is not a nuke, halve the result, just this. There is no reason to use others methods

I believe the distinction he is making is of the entire Sahara being a kingdom compared to a kingdom is i the Sahara. We know the latter is true but what says the former is?

Back