• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aquaman feats and skills

M3X said:
They state that the Lost Kingdom is at the center of the Earth a couple times, and after Aquaman gets the Trident, him, Mera and Atlanna escape via the Karathen literally burrowing her way through the crust, causing earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. I can't find a direct scene without cuts on youtube, but immediately after Aquaman gets the Trident we cut to this battle scene where Karathen emerges. 5 minutes would be a low end for the timeframe, though 2 or 3 is probably more credible.

Black Manta shouldn't scale to Aquaman in AP nor Speed imo. But we can try to quantify his energy beams, which apparently use mass-energy conversion.

@Matthew

I calculated here, in this case, to cross the center of the earth to its crust, only MHS or High Hypersonic results

M3X said:
@Matthew
I calculated here, in this case, to cross the center of the earth to its crust, only MHS or High Hypersonic results
That's actually consistent with the verse and really good.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That's actually consistent with the verse and really good.
In your dreams, maybe. But yeah, the Tsunami feat would give Tier 7 or Tier 6 results

@Matt How come? To my memeory Manta cut up Arthur and badly burnt him during their second fight (The Energy Beam idea should be interesting to support the ratings tho)

Also, how would withstanding the pressure of the Earth's core be? After he got past the Kingdom of the Trench, he was in the Earth's core where he found his mother. The pressure should be pretty immense.

According to Redic when applying the force to Momoa's surface area he would be withstanding Class G levels of force

Karathen would be surviving Class P (That is Mount Everest levels of heavy)

Aquaman shows that the DCEU has a Hollow Core Earth tho. With water and plants and dinosaurs there in a very Jules Verne way. So you can't realistically quantify that.

Aquaman should have Mid-Low Regenerationn. He recovered pretty quickly from several stab wounds and burns

Crazylatin77 said:
Aquaman should have Mid-Low Regenerationn. He recovered pretty quickly from several stab and burns
I think this was because of the kind of treatment Mera did

M3X said:
Crazylatin77 said:
Aquaman should have Mid-Low Regenerationn. He recovered pretty quickly from several stab and burns
I think this was because of the kind of treatment Mera did
Yeah, but in the middle of the fight he took blasts from Black Manta and Mera was on her own for a while.

But he did not regenerate at that time, he just endured the pain and kept fighting. if I'm not mistaken, he falls apart later

After looking at a fight scene again, after Black Manta falls off the cliff they are reunited but Mera doesn't use any healing powers with her hydrokinesis but it could be after that scene too, not sure.

It's not a healing power, it's just a type of medicine she probably learned in Atlantis.

Hellbeast1 said:
I agree with Redic. Especially since it's considered the 7th Kingdom of Atlantis
Makes me think Atlan just somehow moved the kingdom there, which might be some pretty good hax magic.

For the inner core pressure, I assumed the Karathen is around half as wide as her upper half, which looked around half her height of 3,200m, so I plug in a 400m radius and a 3,200m height for the surface value of as a cylinder (9,050,000m^2), then divide the result by the result of an average man's height and radius plugged in to a cylinder's surface area divided by their actual surface area of 1.9m^2 (it was only around 1.22x smaller, but still feel it might be more accurate), which give me a surface area of 7379828.3262m^2. When I apply the inner core's 360 gigapascals, I got 2.6567382 × 10^18 newtons, or 270,911,900,826,622 metric tons of force on her.

Jason Momoa's surface area of 2.37m^2 in comparison gets 853,200,000,000 newtons of force on Aquaman, or around 87,002,187 metric tons.

Wow, uh, thanks, but like I said there's a lot of stuff I haven't taken into account that makes it almost useless. Like it's cross sectional area is obviously much larger, it's acting against the inner core's spinning, there's also skin friction drag and turbulence from supersonic shockwaves and probably a bunch of other things I haven't even thought of.

Maybe someone in the calc group with aerodynamic knowledge would be best for this, cause I certainly suck.

Anyway, regarding the abilities in the first post, most of them seem fine, except for invulnerability, which is likely extreme hyperbole.

Well, the powers and abilities are probably fine, but Matthew seems to disagree about the statistics.

I've asked DontTalkDT about the tsunami thing, he says

Regarding the tsunami thing: I looked into that some time ago. The problem is in principle that wave energy isn't easily described by KE.

If one has the measurements the easy way to get a low end approximation would be to take the elevation of the wave above the water surface in each point and do an integral to calculate the total PE.

For a more accurate method, you might have already found this relatively easy formula for waves in deep water. Problem is that this is a wave in shallow water, which means that those don't apply. I can't find a shallow water solution.

Antvasima said:
Well, the powers and abilities are probably fine, but Matthew seems to disagree about the statistics.
If Matthew disagrees with the tectonic plate calc we can possibly scale to whatever Karathen's calc yields.

I'm unsure of that. The Karathen appears to be superior to Atlantis as shown by Atlan's imprisoning it and outright fear of it.

Also, Arthur can tank a lot of hits from Karathen, and Orm tanked one hit from him

This is Large Island level for their durability

So I've had a look at it's 347 Gigatons of TNT (Jesus Christ that's better then Spino's recalc of Themyscira)

Though this makes me curious to see what a Themy calc with Redic's suggestions would yield

Back