• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

"The chances that fate brings are what grants life its beauty. Some are beaten, and some rise. Observing this is an incredible experience, far moreso than perfect nothingness with no chance to ever grow or become something more than one was before. Your claim over them is nothing. They are what they wish to be."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The mouths shift towards your direction.

“And how many are left completely broken by the process? Unable to rise from the crushing soot that the flames of life weigh upon them? Broken and undeserving of this torment. It doesn’t matter what they become or grow to be if they are still unhappy. The afterlife provides what you never guarantee, happiness.Peace.Prosperity.All of these as an eternal constant that will never change.”
unsightly form the Mandarin has taken...
(it’s not a form,it’s a summon he pushes his voice in)

"Sorry but I'm not understanding any of your talk..." Dy1 says, quickly manifesting a needle and thread. "...So, explain yourself in fewer words, pretty please" He says with a bit of an innocent smile. Seemingly ready to use his Sewing Attack at any moment.

"I hate talks about topics like this, they are complex and they make me feel sick" Frank said and the magic sword just glowed as a sign that he agreed

"That is simply the nature of life. To grow, to be happy, to suffer, to fall. That is their nature and their right and their cycle. It is the natural order for life to progress, over time towards greater prosperity. By cutting off such a cycle, you leave them all in eternal stagnation. You may not decide to end the cycle for them. All life seeks to continue itself, from the very depths of their being and instinct, regardless of the suffering it may bring. Continue stealing them away in my presence, and you will disappear in the flames."

With all the citizens now moved to safety, Tyrus looks towards the Mandarin's summon, "Blah Blah Blah, your generic Evil villain speech isn't gonna save you, I hope you started counting because you are severely out numbered here." Tyrus then pulls out his Demon Dweller and Demon Destroyer Swords ready to strike when he finds an opening.

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo

"Hello mechanical being, do you know why we are here at this very moment?"
We were all summoned to this world and granted power by a being that identifies itself as Akashica, there are also others that have been summoned who are not at our current location.

Currently the being called Mandarin desires to uses its new found power to impose it's believes onto the populace, ethics aside it's means the mass termination of life of which my allies oppose.

(Ok I’m going to respond to all of you at once)

Millions of lips split into smaller factions, each squirming to those who spoke to the

@The_Divine_Phoenix

“The cycle of life is folly. It is a wheel that grinds those beneath its endless treading. Life does not perpetuate itself out of desire,it perpetuates itself out of an avoidance for pain and agony.It cannot mourn for those left behind its wrath,lest they suffer more then they already do. What I bring is not stagnation,it is an end to a story that should’ve never began.”

@Zackra1799

“Fighting each other is folly. I will not raise a hand against you or anyone here. You are arrogant yet dauntless in the face of life. That is something I can respect. That is something I can admire. You have much more pains that lie ahead of you,and I do not wish to add any for any of you”

We were all summoned to this world and granted power by a being that identifies itself as Akashica, there are also others that have been summoned who are not at our current location.

Currently the being called Mandarin desires to uses its new found power to impose it's believes onto the populace, ethics aside it's means the mass termination of life of which my allies oppose.
"Ah, a casual sunday afternoon. Thank you for your time."

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"Now, I have talked to these people and they believe you are morally corrupt. Can I have your point of view?"

“My belief is more than just a simple phrase.It is an idea.Ideas cannot be meddled with in altercations or bruted out by opposing forces. My wish is simple, to guide those who are tormented by life into a world where they can be happy with any whim they please”

"The cycle is necessity, it is the progression of reality itself, it is change. You wish to burn a story that should never end. Life perpetuates itself out of an inherent desire, a desire to continue existing and experiencing. The fact of the matter is, you are forcing life to abide by your view, something for which you lack the right. You may refuse to engage in battle, but others will not, nor will they stand for your meddling. And so, you face inevitable conflict."

“My belief is more than just a simple phrase.It is an idea.Ideas cannot be meddled with in altercations or bruted out by opposing forces. My wish is simple, to guide those who are tormented by life into a world where they can be happy with any whim they please”
"Sounds like a cult with extra steps. Though I am not one to judge, I can see how people wouldn't exactly like that."

(Me saying I don’t wanna fight was just an excuse for to yeet myself of the thread and go to bed because I’m tired as ****)

“The cycle is a necessity in keeping the wheel grinding,not for other’s contentment.The experiences are often not worth the suffering the inhabitants of this life must slog through in order to get to it.It should not be an endless cycle of others slogging through shit to get a nugget of joy! I will not meddle any longer, not pester you or other inhabitants within the city to seek happiness. I will watch,and let life do all the work for me. When you arrive after your death, it will be me waiting for you.”

The mouths dissipate,the speaking has ceased.

"That was anticlimactic."

Zephyr crosses her arms. "Well, does anybody have any better ideas on what to do than chasing that... thing down?"

Mandarin may have retreated for now yet there is a high probability we will meet it again, this is far from over...

The H.O.W summarizes, before taking to the skies once more and flying at full force towards the north however just before it leaves, it sends a parting message to everyone else.

Having so many powerful beings in one location will only further complicate the situation for ourselves and for this world, I wish to explore the limits of my power and the true nature of this planet by myself however should a crisis arise once more, I shall return to lend my aid.

Until such time, farewell my allies.

(Yeah I'm going to rest now)

"The rest of you" Dao addresses the others,

"This will provide sustenance and shelter, along with it being beyond public eye."

"Arrive at death? Foolish. I am immortal, seems they were too blind to realize this."

The girl commented as they left.

"Oh well, they know what will happen if this repeats."

"Well I think I'm gonna head on home for now if anyone needs a place to crash they are more than welcome to join, although my apartment is pretty small. Also does anyone here got a phone or some other method of communication so we can keep in contact incase Mandarin Orange shows up again?"

"Well I think I'm gonna head on home for now if anyone needs a place to crash they are more than welcome to join, although my apartment is pretty small. Also does anyone here got a phone or some other method of communication so we can keep in contact incase Mandarin Orange shows up again?"
"I can detect different lifeforms, if it appears again I will attempt to notify others."

I disperse my extra arms as a distraction and quickly say my number and start to leave for my apartment.
Dao follows.

(It appears that dao trust dado(Steve))

We arrive at my place and I get the burgers and fries, show the guess room. "Oh I you feel like anything is dangerous don't eat it, drink it, or rub it on your head you will be fine." I say.

(It appears that dao trust dado(Steve))

We arrive at my place and I get the burgers and fries, show the guess room. "Oh I you feel like anything is dangerous don't eat it, drink it, or rub it on your head you will be fine." I say.
"I do not trust you with that statement. I intend to eat at a safer place of residence now, such as a restaurant."

Dao quickly exists the apartment, and opens the door of a local restaurant shortly after.

"I think I'm going to do something I haven't had the chance to do before now. I'm going to go travel and see the world."

Zephyr looks out across the cityscape. "I think japan sounds nice. Maybe I'll study more swordsmanship."

"I guess I have so kind of danger sense, neat." I say eating a burger by myself putting all my earlier dangerous creations in my valt.

"I'm gonna see what I can do!" Dy1 says, hopping high into the air, and then releasing a Buster Shot, piercing the clouds and creating a small burst of energy that clears them away. "Woo! I don't think I could've done that before."

Zephyr flexes her legs... and pushes off the rooftop, leaping up into the air, whilst simultaneously somehow not cracking the concrete beneath her. With that single jump, in a matter of seconds, she had reached America's west coat. As she landed, looking out at the ocean, she cracked her neck and got into a running stance.

The plan would be simple. By controlling the distribution of her weight and outputting the exact right amount of force, she would be able to sprint across the ocean, so long as it didn't get too stormy.

Could she just go spirit form? Yes. But did she?

nope!

Zephyr took off, with enough force to turn the sand around her feet into glass from the sheer friction, and began running across the goddamn ocean.

[Anyone who hasn't already split off from the Main group]

Someone lands on the ground nearby, having dropped from a tall building and caused quite the impact on landing.

"... That was the most facinatingly boring thing I have ever seen. Wow. A guy comes up to you offering Genocide and you just spout about the value of life and crap? Is that your best idea for what to do with superpowers?

As you look over... Well, isn't that quite the outfit.

Trenchcoat, sunglasses, very poorly concealed and, from what you can descern, excessively overdesigned handgun at his side, and to top it all off, his brown hair in a mullet.

As Zephyr runs across the ocean and her destination is in range, it feels... Something is very wrong, with what they are witnessing. People gathered in the streets, yelling something she's not quite close enough to descern yet.

Someone lands on the ground nearby, having dropped from a tall building and caused quite the impact on landing.

"... That was the most facinatingly boring thing I have ever seen. Wow. A guy comes up to you offering Genocide and you just spout about the value of life and crap? Is that your best idea for what to do with superpowers?

As you look over... Well, isn't that quite the outfit.

Trenchcoat, sunglasses, very poorly concealed and, from what you can descern, excessively overdesigned handgun at his side, and to top it all off, his brown hair in a mullet.
"who are you?" asked the Elemental master

Back