• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anubis (Mythology) vs Beerus (Dragon Ball Super)

To be fair, Toppo's EE seems to be held back quite a bit as to not kill since Hakais that are indeed shown to kill are not in the form of the balls Toppo use.

Akreious said:
To be fair, Toppo's EE seems to be held back quite a bit as to not kill since Hakais that are indeed shown to kill are not in the form of the balls Toppo use.
I tend to think so. However AKM Sama & some others said that both of them are same having EE properties

That's likely because both are made of Hakai energy, which is naturally Existence Erasing. However, Toppo's balls seem to be tangible and can be blocked.

The GoD "True" Hakai has no travel time (At least none that we see), effects the entire target at once rather than only at the affected area, as well as can seemingly hit a much larger area.

Even assuming both are "Equal", the "True" Hakai is much more potent and versatile in effect.

Blocking Toppo's Hakai is only possible because it's in a form of an energy blast, with the EE effect being isolated in said energy ball. A "True" Hakai lands, and affects the entire body (Or the entire target) at once starting from the top down. Vegeta is NOT countering a "True" Hakai for this sole reason.

I mean, we see Toppo's Hakai blast hit and stop at a stone pillar.

Here, we see Sidra erase an entire city completely, affecting buildings behind other buildings. Toppo's Hakai would've stopped at one building from what we see, and here's Sidra erasing an entire city

Uhh...

Hakai

GG Anubis?

Sealing

GG Anubis?

You gotta give more reason than just "Muh, X Ability. GG". Why does this ability let them win? Is it neccesarily better than the opponent's abilities? Can they get it off in time? Is it In-Character/Examples of them using this ability a lot? Just a few of many questions left unanswered by vague votes like that xD

Akreious said:
Uhh...
Hakai

GG Anubis?

Sealing

GG Anubis?

You gotta give more reason than just "Muh, X Ability. GG". Why does this ability let them win? Is it neccesarily better than the opponent's abilities? Can they get it off in time? Is it In-Character/Examples of them using this ability a lot? Just a few of many questions left unanswered by vague votes like that xD
Ooh..! Now that's a good one. How would Hakai handle Anubis? Granted people are trying to get it figured out as we speak, but the deal is both Anubis and Beerus are Low-2C. The thing is Dragon Ball Super's powerscaling is questionable, yet no matter how powerful a foe is (whether it be Golden Frieza when Frieza first used the new transformation, or Jiren), nobody seemed to go anywhere past Low-2C. To me, it's more of a question of "how does Beerus' power stack up to Anubis and vice versa?"

Well if you wanna go strictly by this site...

Anubis has no resistance against EE, therefore insta-dies to Hakai.

If you want to talk verse Mechanics, we don't "equalize" fan theories like More AP = More Hax so. Yeah.

Also you do know that it's impossible for a Low 2-C to jump to 2-C via just getting stronger right? Flat out impossible. Let them train for a trillion years and still not 2-C.

Anyways, scaling for Beerus goes like this:

3rd UIO Goku >= 100% Beerus > Kefla > 2nd UIO Goku > 1st UIO Goku >= Jiren (First Battle) > Infinite Zamasu (Baseline Low 2-C)

Anubis' AP seems to be a long chain of equals and comparables, but I don't see a solid scaling structure like what I posted above.

If Anubis really is only > Baseline, Beerus has an AP Advantage as well as if we accept the AP = Resistance thing, Anubis wouldn't be able to resist the Hakai.

So there's that.

Akreious said:
Well if you wanna go strictly by this site...
Anubis has no resistance against EE, therefore insta-dies to Hakai.

If you want to talk verse Mechanics, we don't "equalize" fan theories like More AP = More Hax so. Yeah.

Also you do know that it's impossible for a Low 2-C to jump to 2-C via just getting stronger right? Flat out impossible. Let them train for a trillion years and still not 2-C.

Anyways, scaling for Beerus goes like this:

3rd UIO Goku >= 100% Beerus > Kefla > 2nd UIO Goku > 1st UIO Goku >= Jiren (First Battle) > Infinite Zamasu (Baseline Low 2-C)

Anubis' AP seems to be a long chain of equals and comparables, but I don't see a solid scaling structure like what I posted above.

If Anubis really is only > Baseline, Beerus has an AP Advantage as well as if we accept the AP = Resistance thing, Anubis wouldn't be able to resist the Hakai.

So there's that.
So I guess that's a point for Beerus then?

Anubis: 4 (Celestial Judge, Hellbeast1, ShadowWarrior1999, Karasu-Sage)

Beerus: 2 (Akreious, Asuka)

Inconclusive: 1 (Jack Joyce)

forgot me voted for Anubis FRA count.?

At this rate, I'm pretty sure we can discount all the votes with only reality warping as the reason since nobody has bothered to explain anything.

So I tried to find some light into Anubis's side of the debate. So far, I got this.:

"Anubis helped Isis find the body pieces and embalmed the body so that it wouldn't decay. This was the first act of embalmment." Anubis embalming Osiris, which the Egyptians believed prevents or reverses (the latter depends on the source) the effects of decay.

"Ancient Egyptians would cover the bodies of their dead with herbs ad plants because they believed Anubis would sniff the bodies before mummifying them. Anubis also performed the Opening of the Mouth ceremony, which would allow the deceased to be able to talk and eat in the afterlife." Anubis on embalming beliefs.

I've excluded the Weighing of the Heart because that's kinda common knowledge. From this, I can clearly see how Death Manipulation and Soul Manipulation works. As for Reality Warping, I can't exactly find anything on it. At best I've found this.:

"After the ceremony, he would lead the innocent into a fruitful afterlife in Duat or the Field of Celestial Offerings while the sinful and guilty will be devoured by Ammit."

While it does show that Anubis takes the good souls to Duat, which was a completely different realm from our world, I'm not sure if he does that through reality warping or just by simply taking people to Duat.

Calaca Vs said:
I read the first half and I'm tired.

Anubis FRA.
Can you explain on why you think Anubis wins? We literally have nothing on what Anubis can do that's considered combat applicable aside from guiding souls to the afterlife.

As I said I only read the first half. IDK how much was debunked but I sided with Anubis for his RW, Death and Soul Manip. If that was debunked just take my vote back.

We have no information on how these abilities work in combat. The only thing we got is him leading dead souls to the afterlife, which doesn't sound like something that would be useful in combat.

Calaca Vs said:
As I said I only read the first half. IDK how much was debunked but I sided with Anubis for his RW, Death and Soul Manip. If that was debunked just take my vote back.
RW is completely unexplained, likely just leading souls to the afterlife which is... Eh.

Soul Manip. is more to do with his job of guiding souls rather than doing any soul reaping and Death...

I mean.

He never pointed at something and said "Die", to which said thing died.

Did I provide enough reasoning to discount the votes that said "Anubis for Reality Warping?" The only two myths that were really detailed were the Death of Osiris and the tour of the Underworld.

No resistance, plus the "Won't work on stronger being's" reasonings shot down?

Yes.

Hakai destroys Anubis.

Okay, that's 4 votes for Beerus and 2 Inconclusive. All of the votes for Anubis are now removed from the count (due to lack of content/support) and are pending reconsideration.

Dang. One more vote for Beerus and this thread will be concluded with a Beerus win.

Well, that's seven. This thread's winner is... Beerus!

To think, everything here took a lot more detective work than I've initially believed.

JackJoyce said:
Is that all? Then I change my vote to Beerus via EE
Unfortunately, that was all I can find from Anubis. But yeah, 9 votes for Beerus is more than the seven he needs to win. He's officially the winner here. Now all I gotta do is wait for a mod or an admin to edit both of the profiles to mark them.

Back