• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anubis (Mythology) vs Beerus (Dragon Ball Super)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Well, this might be a bit of a hard case to solve. Basically, I'm pitting Anubis, an immortal god with Death Manipulation reportedly going for him; against Beerus, a cat god who may or may not have immortality (if he does, it's definitely Type 8) depending on who you ask, but has Hakai going for him (which was shown as a minor example of existence erasure). This is a hard press because while Zeno's erasure tactic truly bypasses immortality, Hakai is more of a debacle in on itself. While the anime has shown nothing on Hakai being used against an immortal, the manga had shown Goku using Hakai (somehow) to handle Fusion Zamasu (though it only ate up half of Zamasu's upper body). That aside, let's see who takes the win here.

Conditions: Speed Equalized (This had to be done because Anubis apparently ranges from MFTL to nigh-omnipresent depending on how you view Set while Beerus is MFTL+ irregardless. Not setting this condition would just make things more confusing.)

Anubis
Anubis

Beerus (Dragon Ball Super)
Beerus

Here are the character profiles.:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Anubis_(Mythology)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Beerus

Anubis: 0

Beerus: 7 (Akreious, Asuka, Straika, Calaca Vs, DragonEmperor23, Ricsi-viragosi, Mickey1940)

Inconclusive: 2 (Jack Joyce)

Pending Reconsideration: Celestial Judge, Hellbeast1, ShadowWarrior1999, Karasu-Sage, Jimboydejuan12

This thread's winner is... Beerus!

but Cal, Beerus chops him and knocks his abstract out as hard as he knocked out SSJ3 Goku. OvO

Celestial Judge said:
Probably Anubis via reality warping
Seems fair. I don't recall any time Beerus was able to resist reality warping. You?

The real cal howard said:
Anubis's abstract existence prevents him from being Hakai'd and then Anubis eats his soul.
Ehh... Here's the thing. Zeno's erasure move is shown to be capable of erasing even abstract beings (Zamasu's will, anyone?). Hakai is a dummied down version of Zeno's erasure tactic (I mean both erase stuff from existence), so while one shouldn't rule out the possibility of Hakai erasing abstracts, one shouldn't straight-up assume Hakai can erase abstracts either.

Is Anubis abstract, though? Well, the only gods explicitly shown to be abstract were the Greek Gods according to memory (their true forms were best described as pillars of light), but seeing as how gods are representative of pretty much each and every concept of the ancient world, I don't think that possibility should be ruled out either.

Zamasu is not in any way an abstract.

And there is a clear difference between erasing whole universes and erasing an individual. It doesn't help that Zen'o didn't erase Zamasu, just nuked the universe he was in. So it's not like he could specifically erase people like Zamasu.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Zamasu is not in any way an abstract.
And there is a clear difference between erasing whole universes and erasing an individual. It doesn't help that Zen'o didn't erase Zamasu, just nuked the universe he was in. So it's not like he could specifically erase people like Zamasu.
If Zamasu's will (yes, I specified Zamasu's will; did you NOT read that part?) isn't abstract, why was it able to expand across the entire universe (potentially even the multiverse depending on how you view Zeno's usage of "world") AND seep into the present, all without a physical body? That's not something anything physical can do. Let that sink in for a moment.

Non-corporeal allows that to happen actually @Flash, which he already has on his page. But just so you know, thats kinda irrelevant.

Shit, I thought this said Apophis, not Anubis.
Yeah, I said Anubis. Apophis is the snake Ra battles every night.

Non-corporeal =/= abstract
And exactly what is the difference if I may ask?

Non corporeal mean you lack a physical form. Abstract existence mean you embody a concept of something.

Abstract means you embody a concept. Non-corporeal means your aren't a physical being. You can be non-corporeal due to being an abstract but one does not necessarily mean the other.

The Wright Way said:
Abstract means you embody a concept. Non-corporeal means your aren't a physical being. You can be non-corporeal due to being an abstract but one does not necessarily mean the other.
Ah..! Thanks for that.

Just wanna note that abstract could also count for embodying an idea and the like, not just the specific definition we use for concept here. But yeah, they're correct. But we've derailed the thread enough, lol.

SomebodyData said:
Just wanna note that abstract could also count for embodying an idea and the like, not just the specific definition we use for concept here. But yeah, they're correct. But we've derailed the thread enough, lol.
Yeah. Let's get back on the topic now that everything's settled.

Anyway, cal had mistook Anubis for Apophis (the one whose profile clearly states his abstract existence). I dunno where that would take the debate now, but I still think that while Beerus does have something that is worse than death in his arsenal (existence erasure via Hakai), he is disadvantaged at least by a lack of reality warping resistence (at least as far as I remember).

Granted, everything here points at non-corporeals being affected by at least one of the two existence erasure techniques in Dragon Ball Super (Hakai and Zeno's erasure method), Hakai is largely dummied down as opposed to Zeno's erasure technique, so it's hard to say whether it being capable of affecting non-corporeals should be ruled out or not. There are no definitives, but still.

Is it in character for Anubis to just reality warp someone? Because Beerus doesn't Hakai off the bat if remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure most of the abilities are non-combat applicable, but its been a while since I've read about Egyptain mythology.

The Wright Way said:
Is it in character for Anubis to just reality warp someone? Because Beerus doesn't Hakai off the bat if remember correctly.
I mean while this thread takes on standard debate assumptions, a will to kill is one of those assumptions one should make. Granted, Beerus Hakai'd Zamasu first thing after Zamasu made the offensive against Goku, but he's more of an observer in combat. Anubis is, well, with how seriously ancient cultures take their gods, it's safe to say that Anubis is observant altogether. If one were to look at the Weighing of the Heart ritual, Anubis is quite meticulous, so Anubis would be willing to take his time just like Beerus. It's a case-by-case, really.

I mean while this thread takes on standard debate assumptions, a will to kill is one of those assumptions one should make. Granted, Beerus Hakai'd Zamasu first thing after Zamasu made the offensive against Goku, but he's more of an observer in combat. Anubis is, well, with how seriously ancient cultures take their gods, it's safe to say that Anubis is observant altogether. If one were to look at the Weighing of the Heart ritual, Anubis is quite meticulous, so Anubis would be willing to take his time just like Beerus. It's a case-by-case, really.

Thing about Hakai is that it doesn't negate durability, beings stronger than the user can withstand it. Zamasu was 3-A so Beerus could just breathe on him.

Err, do you mean to say hakai isn't infalliable rather than not negating durability?

SomebodyData said:
Err, do you mean to say hakai isn't infalliable rather than not negating durability?
If it negated durability then it would work on beings stronger than the user, which it has shown to not do. Frieza has resisted Hakai from Sidra and Toppo, Vegeta also resisted it from Toppo. You would think that if Hakai did negate durability then Beerus could erase Zeno instead of cowering in fear at the mention of his name.

SomebodyData said:
Ah, that would bring up the case of Toppo. While it's hard to compare Toppo with Sidra (who let out a mere handful of destruction energy, which Beerus merely blew away), who is the only other God of Destruction shown to use Energy of Destruction in a visible form, the thing about Toppo is he was imperfect. While he does use Hakai, he used it as balls of Destruction Energy and a defensive aura. Of course Toppo had to charge things up above all else. Of course Vegeta used nearly all of his power as a Super Saiyan Blue+ to overpower Toppo's incomplete hakai, but still.

Because of this, it's safe to say it isn't infalliable, but I can't say if it would actually negate durability in a more complete/mastered form either.

The Wright Way said:
Beerus hakais anyone that has killing intent.

Theglassman12 said:
The Wright Way said:
Beerus hakais anyone that has killing intent.
Dude. This isn't a bloodlusted battle. This battle uses basically every standard assumption except for speed.

@Flash bloodlusted or not, Beerus has always went for the hakai when it's someone he deemed a threat that must be gone, or even anyone that has any killing intent.

Theglassman12 said:
@Flash bloodlusted or not, Beerus has always went for the hakai when it's someone he deemed a threat that must be gone, or even anyone that has any killing intent.
Pretty sure this is just you overhyping Beerus. The only time I have ever seen Beerus use Hakai straight away was against Zamasu. Beerus is usually lazy; in fact he had Frieza destroy Planet Vegeta just Beerus felt Saiyans were annoying.

@Flash no I'm not. Freeza destroying planet vegeta doesn't contradict my point when he himself stated that he would've gone there and destroyed the saiyans himself. You forgot the part where Goku was planning on starting the ToP and Beerus straight up threatened him with the Hakai.

Back