• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anubis (Mythology) vs Beerus (Dragon Ball Super)

To be fair, Beerus could've just been threatening to blast him. We have no idea if that was gonnabe a Hakai or not.

Yes, I'm solely doing this to be an ass.

Tbh he's more likely to use Hakai when someone comes between his food. Like he destroyed the Ghost & was about to use it on Arale.

and that instance is outnumbered 2 to 1 by the instances that would jeopardize someone very important, whether it would be another GoD, or himself.

JackJoyce said:
Tbh he's more likely to use Hakai when someone comes between his food. Like he destroyed the Ghost & was about to use it on Arale.
That was definitely a quicker response iirc.

Anyway, this is still an in-character battle. Literally one of Beerus' weaknesses is, and I quote, "He enjoys a good fight and will often drag it out for entertainment value."

I have stated that Anubis is meticulous and will take his own time as well, but I believe that's only to get a good idea on what Beerus' weaknesses are before making a good finishing blow (ex. reality warping).

Death manipulation and soul manipulation... I'm not sure if that solely originates from the Weighing of the Heart ritual, which determines if the soul passes on or "dies."

Flashlight237 said:
Anyway, this is still an in-character battle. Literally one of Beerus' weaknesses is, and I quote, "He enjoys a good fight and will often drag it out for entertainment value."
That's only relevant while fighting Goku. He's simple minded and way out of Beerus's league. There is a high possibility of using Hakai if he sense killing intent & the strange ki of Anubis.

In the case of Hakai resistance— they resisted it because they were strong enough to. A casual Hakai only works on beings significantly weaker than the user, while a Hakai energy attack may do the trick to erase someone.

That would imply that those who resist it would have resisted and survived it at a power level of 1. Meaning Kid Goku has Existence Erasure Resistance, and so did Frieza before BoG. If it's not a trait they were born with, then it's a trait they developed— and they certainly didn't have experience with it, so they couldn't have specifically built up a resistance to it. Only explanations are that everyone who has it always had it, or that we Occam's Razor and say that because the people who resisted it all have strength in common, and it would require more evidence to prove that these characters were born with this trait, given how incredible that should be to even someone like Whis—- and that Whis not batting an eye at Hakai energy being resisted would fit with the explaination of strength being a reason for Hakai resistance—- it's likely that Strength is a factor. Otherwise, they can Hakai Zeno if they catch him off guard.

Or they just gained the ability to resist it, I mean, half the time resistances arent even explained.

Of course by your reasoning: Base Goku is = to or greater than a GoD which is in itself, riddled with more issues than assuming they just have some resistance.

No. I'm saying that Hakai doesn't work on anyone stronger than base Goku.

How did they all suddenly gain the exact same type of resistance that they didn't have when they were weaker— but all of these people with different biologies developed the exact same type of resistance- and their increase in power that coincided WITH that is just a coincidence?

And when Jiren is "stronger than time" or some shit, and when Goku resists time skip because of his Kaioken boost, and when Vegito is still able to fight as a coffee candy when everyone who was turned o candy wasn't even capable of doing ANYTHING as a piece of candy all that is just a coincidence too?

Even if you want to ignore that, you're gonna have to prove power has nothing to do with resisting the Hakai, because it's the most rational explanation here— and refusing to take one isn't going to further this discussion.

Or...

You can maybe disregard the logic we're trying to apply here

and realize that Dragon Ball as awhole makes no sense because Toriyama!

Also in Dragon Ball, although this is slightly headcanon, the higher power level someone has, the more resistance they have to hax, while hax gets stronger with the more powerful you are. It's a Dragon Ball verse thing, not something that we should apply to other verses even if we do accept it on here.

As far as this site is concerned, Hakai is simply EE. People who resists are people who resists. You may think it makes no sense but that's Dragon Ball in a nutshell dude.

Oh, ok, so if you're going to be a dick about it and not even bother with rational assumptions then, all GoD should be listed as Unknown, because we don't have any direct evidence they scale to Beerus or Champa, even if they scale to other GoD besides them via Feats. Oh! But only the 3 that fought each other scale to each other.

Because we refuse to make a logical inference here. I recal Cal saying something like that somewhere.

Even still, it would be a disadvantage to Beerus than wank for him. Not to mention, we can just stop having this conversation about fiction, because "it doesn't have to make sense" is the perfect excuse! God, you sound like every single wannabe "realist" who believes what this site is built off of us dumb because it's about fictional characters.

I'm just here to say, you guys shouldn't talk as if the standards here are canon, because the Verse clearly supports my inference. No one wants to even THINK though.

What?

Whyl are you so hostile all of a sudden?

tl;dr my arguments were that

A) Toriyama's stories naturally don't make sense. He's primarily a gag-story writer, not this super consistent shonen writer. Literally everything can be explained as Author Stupidity if we want to take this route.

B) In the Dragon Ball Verse, Hax gets stronger the more powerful you are. Likewise, the more powerful you are, the more you can resist hax. While this site doesn't accept it, in-verse examples of this does exist. However, since this site DOESN'T accept this, it simply treats these characters as somehow randomly gaining this resistance to EE. It doesn't make sense but that's how they do it.

I don't know why you're bringing up GoD scaling, I never even talked about the GoDs as awhole.

I hate bringing up this card, but if you think Hakai should have this weakness, go make a CRT. As far as this site is concerned, and while I fundementally disagree with this logic, Hakai is simply EE and people who resists are people who gets resistance. There aren't "degrees" or "Casual" versions of EE. EE is EE.

Edit:

With your double post, you seem to ignore the fact that the verse ALSO supports my theory that more AP = More Hax Resistance. So...

He started out as a gag writer, or at least got popular for it. Dragon Ball was basically a gag story at the beginning, Dr.Slump seems to be where his popularity blew up a lot.

I mean... Just because someone has been doing something for a long time doesn't always mean they're good I guess? xD

While I like dragon ball, Toriyama was never really... "Good" at writing shonens. He basically wrote whatever he wanted with a faint thread of a storyboard. Remember the story where Toriyama had to make new forms for Cell because his editor/publisher (I forget which one) didn't like Cell's Design? He also had to basically make Android 17 and 18 for that reason too.

@Dragon just because someone is writing a particular genre it doesn't mean that it's going to be consistent in terms of power scaling or writing.

I mean it's pretty apparent since Toriyama's notorious forgetfulness and occasional nonsensical plot points is basically a meme now.

Remember how Toriyama forgot Android 18's hair was blonde? Or like... the existence of Launch?

Okay... Back on the topic. As it stands...

There are four votes for Anubis, nothing for Beerus, and one inconclusive vote. Still not sure if Cal Howard's stance remains the same or not, plus there are still users who has yet to come to a conclusion, so I haven't counted them yet.

the votes for Anubis are bare bones, not to mention we don't know what he can do other than to judge others on where they go when they die.

Don't expect you to be knowledgeable on Dragon Ball. Your anime love seems to be less Shonen Jump, with your AgK and KlK love (not that I'm trying to throw shade as I love both of those series).

Did anyone actually explain how Anubis' reality warping works?

A bunch of votes is just for that. With no further explanation.

Akreious, we're saying the same thing. The difference is, i'm saying that this site has the problem of sometimes needing explicit information and other times being ok to use implicit information. You already make it clear that you disagree with the logic presented by the site. My issue is that we're conflating what the site says with what is true, which is why people can say uninformed stuff like "uh, it's just a resistance, and you're implying [something I didn't imply]."

And I was using an example of where skepticism falls apart and starts to be willful disbelief. All because you don't have it screamed out for them, they refuse to accepted.

Akreious said:
Did anyone actually explain how Anubis' reality warping works?
A bunch of votes is just for that. With no further explanation.
I haven't seen any explanation, but again, I've yet to see a supporter of Egyptian mythology explain it further. That and, like I said, I can't recall a time where Beerus had shown resistence to reality warping. I'm not saying there ISN'T, but I can't say there is either.

" i'm saying that this site has the problem of sometimes needing explicit information and other times being ok to use implicit information."

Alright, yes. yes, I agree with you completely so far.

"You already make it clear that you disagree with the logic presented by the site. "

Nod Nod Nod

"My issue is that we're conflating what the site says with what is true, which is why people can say uninformed stuff like "uh, it's just a resistance, and you're implying [something I didn't imply].""

Yep. Agreed. But if we say otherwise, you'd be told to make a CRT about the issue then it'd get dismissed due to a lack of supporting evidence/feats.

"And I was using an example of where skepticism falls apart and starts to be willful disbelief. All because you don't have it screamed out for them, they refuse to accepted."

I've been told that the "Benefit of the Doubt" doesn't exist on this site many times. So, this statements strikes pretty true.

While off topic, Hakai did work on Zamas who was competeing with Ssj2 Goku, while the hakai didnt work on a base suprise attacked goku, so this assumption also technically falls apart.

Its not as much that the wiki doesnt have assumptions, cause it does have reasonable ones, but we currently only have 3 examples, one of which is debateable to even count, and a contradiction to that assumption, it seems hard pressed to have the wiki reliably accept without basically falling into something like (no offense) the reputation of the DB wiki.

Well, there's two more questions that needs to be solved.

1. How does Anubis' reality warping actually work?

2. When was Beerus shown to resist reality warping? Granted, there's implied toonforce resistance, but ancient gods are taken seriously, so there's no toonforce there.

Super Saiyan Blue Evolution Vegeta would like to Punch through Hakai for you, and Zamasu being Hakai'd doesn't disprove anything— since Beerus would have known how strong Zamasu is, and knew he would have to try. If Toppp actually tried, he would have erased Frieza. True. But casual EE resistance is still resistance.

Back