• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Another) Triforce Tiering and Scaling Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Antvasima we agreed that Low 2-C via Triforce should be removed due to the fact that it’s only reason for Low 2-C is scaling to Majora who used to be Low 2-C but not anymore. Though Warren is burnt out on Zelda stuff and I still need to make a separate CRT on Zelda as a whole. So we should apply that change at the very least and close this thread, once I got my scans in check I’ll make a separate thread discussing the triforce scaling.

The Tier 2 revisions were being taken out of context, and actually; there were other statements to imply the other universes were timelines. Also people completely left our the concept of Brane cosmologies. Brane Cosmologies also referred to as "Meta-Universes" are timelines containing timelines which can range from 2-C to even Tier 1 sized individually. They're pretty much the opposite of Bubble multiverses and Quilted multiverses. But that's off topic.

It comes from Phantom Hourglass which actually had a completely separate flow of time from the Universe containing Hyrule.

Yeah I don't see any reason to not assume the universes are separate space-time when World of the Ocean King is treated the same on the cosmology map as other parallel worlds.

that completely goes against the zelda timeline to begin with. If we're accepting the brane cosmology we'd have to ignore the actual timeline Nintendo themselves made.

Actually, it means either the three timelines are Brane cosmologies individually, or that it specifically refers to Hyrules timelines. It still says in Zelda Universe they created "Millions of parallel worlds". So Termina, World of the Ocean King, Subrosia, ect are implied to be their own timelines regardless.

parallel worlds doesn't mean flat out timelines. Again the tier 2 revisions make that abundantly clear that it won't reach tier 2 unless you have proof it involves literal timelines. Which Zelda makes that distinction with the actual timeline Nintendo made for the series, anyways I'll be changing the triforce tiering and close this thread in a bit since it's basically done. You guys can make other threads to talk about this, and I'll be back once I read through HH and HE.

"Alternate Universe" and "Parallel Universe" and "Alternate Reality" have alternate timelines as their general meanings. If it just said dimensions, sure. But actually, Bubble multiverses and quilted multiverses require more evidence than actual multiverses due. Exception is if those "Alternate universes" are just afterlife similar to how the Other World is in Dragon Ball. But Parallel universes that respectively contain Earth 1 and Earth 2 and the like and are different bodies of space are logically alternate timelines.

Depends on the context on how those worlds are stated to be, but that's for another time and day. Anyways can I get Skyward Sword Link unlocked? He's the only universal character in Zelda with a locked page for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back