• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Another) Triforce Tiering and Scaling Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what conclusions have we reached here so far?

Sorry, still need some time, school started for me and got me busy for the week. I’ll try to get a response by the end of the weekend

How about this so I don’t hold any of you guys behind, if I don’t get to make my response to Ploz and the others’ points by the end of the weekend, go ahead with any of the revisions that are accepted on the thread, I’ll make a separate thread making a response to it when I get the chance if I’m unable to respond in time.

because I haven't gotten around to reading HH and HE, once I do I'll make my response since It's been a long time since I've remembered a lot of the zelda lore outside of the games.

Where does that scan come from? Don't have much to say about the size of the dream being described as universal which thankfully helps with tiering the Triforce, but it's kinda weird that the scan says that Links Awakening takes place at the halfway point of Zelda 2.

because I haven't gotten around to reading HH and HE, once I do I'll make my response since It's been a long time since I've remembered a lot of the zelda lore outside of the games.
That... helps my question more, wouldn't it be better to go through with this thread and then you make a revision thread in the future instead of keeping us waiting longer.

Where does that scan come from? Don't have much to say about the size of the dream being described as universal which thankfully helps with tiering the Triforce, but it's kinda weird that the scan says that Links Awakening takes place at the halfway point of Zelda 2.
Nintendo used to have an official Zelda Lore website (with the seal of approval of Nintendo and a ESRB rating seal) before basically transferring all of it into their lore book its all still Canon just not touched upon anymore (cuz it basically all in the He and HH to some degree).

And navigating through early 2000's website is a pain in the ass.

Ploz wanted me to send this:
"The scan comes from an older version of the official Zelda website when describing each game entry. The chronology of the scan isn't much of an issue. The Zelda timeline is constantly rearranged to what's most convenient. For example, Miyamoto originally said OG Zelda comes before A Link to the Past, but we obviously know that got changed later with the Dark Horse books. Link's Awakening wasn't definitively placed back then from what he said too. The statement Cal linked was made like ten years before the Hyrule Historia version.

I'd get a full translation for this part of the interview, but I'm currently limited due to being on mobile. However, Aonuma pretty much said the timeline isn't super concrete in an interview with there being more room for interpretation and change, despite the fact there is an "official timeline" currently released.
(26:34)

What I'm getting at here is that the chronology being weird wouldn't invalidate the scan or anything. It's just from how the actual timeline tends to be flexible and adjusted at times. What matters here is the direct statement of Koholint Island being a parallel universe. If it's legitimate, it backs up the Universal+ stuff further. I agree with using it, and it should probably upgrade the Wind Fish and others who scale off of him currently too."

Another heads up is that none of the Zelda games; not even the super expansive explorations like Wind Waker or Breath of the Wild actually showcase the entire land of Hyrule. Pretty much the entirety of the explorable world of OoT, TP, ALttP, Zelda 1, Minish Cap, ect, are just mere fractions of this one continent. The other continent known as "Eastern Hyrule" canonically exists in any of the Zelda games. And it really isn't much different from how New Hyrule from Spirit Tracks is to the Great Sea in Wind Waker; a continent that's off the main map.

So, I think that scan is fine.

It seems there's more stuff to discuss, but we're receiving more back up reasons for Complete Triforce being upgraded to a Universal tier.

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I want to apologize for ghosting this thread.

To be frank, I am not feeling the best right now, and I really don't want to argue about the contents of this thread, probably wasn't the smartest move to make this right after spending like a month arguing back and forth on numerous different Zelda topics. The main mission of this thread was to give the Triforce its own justification for 3-A as the previous ones were from upscaling Majora's 3-A to Low 2-C rating, and I think I succeeded in doing that.

So instead of just running away, I just wanted to come here and say that outright.

Do whatever you want with this thread, if I ever feel better and recapture my will to argue against the points I thought, and still do think, are legitimate and those that I don't think are quite so viable regarding the topic of the complete Triforce scaling, I will do so in the future by making a future thread.

Sorry again for being cowardly and running away from my fears, not a very Zelda thing to do, was it? Hehe.

But anyway, yeah, I wash my hands of this thread and made my peace with what I wanted to say.

Its OK bro we understand and honestly you should take the time to rest more (we live in trying times after all) Link did take a hundred year break before getting back to work.

See you around Warren and stay healthy.

Last edited:
Sorry for not being able to respond in time, bunch of IRL stuff held me back this weekend from going through HH and HE, once I get through the books and my plate isn't as full regarding other CRTs as it is right now, I'll try to make another thread in the future.

Ditto to what Medeus said. Please try to take care of yourself, exercise, eat healthy, sleep well, get some positive input, listen to nice music, walk in nature, play with pets, watch pleasant cartoons, and recover.

Last edited:
So can we upgrade the goddesses to 2-B(since I've already posted quotes and scans of it?) and what do we do with wind fish 3-A feat should we also upgrade characters comparable and superior to him?

(also upgrade Vaati since he basically used the power of Hylia for his feat)

I remember showing DDM about how Zant powered by the Triforce of power thanks to Ganondorf was going to fuse the light world and twilight realm. which is basically a parallel universe since it was created by 3 2-B beings, (makes no sense for it to be small since it literally part of one of the millions of universes they created), into the dark world (a universe size realm) let me go grab the scan for it.

Last edited:
Can somebody remind me what has been accepted here please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back