• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Spongebob CRT: Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think about a variable rating Ryukama?

Natural lightning is MHS, not all electricity I believe.

Wokistan said:
Natural lightning is MHS, not all electricity I believe.
Jellyfishes are natural beings, so it applies

There´s a rating around for this sort of electricity or what other alternative is around?

Far, far slower. I think that somebody calculated or supplied the number in a blog post, but I don't remember the exact value.

You can ask a few calc group members to comment here regarding the speed of regular electric currents.

You should ask some more calc group members as well. I have forgotten about our resource for the drift speed of a weak electric current.

There's a calculator that calculates the speed of electricity based off the voltage somewhere, I think. Can't find it, though.

No idea how to calculate it my hand either, sorry.

Wait

Why would I have knowledge on Spongebob

The question at hand has more to do with the speed of really weak electricity rather than Spongebob.

Well, I know that I have seen other members mention standard drift velocity through air for an electric current, but I do not remember the value or URL.

The question whether or not one would consider Jellyfish electricity real electricity aside, we don't really have a value for 10-C electricity. Our lightning values use experimental data for real lightning, not a theoretical value that could be generalised to 10-C. There are theoretical formula for certain speeds assosciated with electricity, but I have not seen one that does what we want yet.

The dirft velocity of electricity (Well technically of an electron moved by an electric current; does not relate a lot to lightning speed) is usually a few centimeter per hour.

Maybe it could be calculated the speed of a small electric current under salted water (as sea water is pretty much that)?, Like those school "experiments" where you just drop a current to a cup of salted water to turn something small/simple on.

Don'tTalk said he hadn't found any formulas that work the way he wants for that, though. It looks like this can't really be used for anything, rip

To put it in other words, what´s the speed of an electric current? Or there isn´t simply an usable value?

I don't believe there is one uniform speed for that.

What´s the low-end?

If it´s at around 10-C speed, I guess just going with the Subsonic+ thing is the best alternative as an high-end for the speed rating for the cast (I´m talking about the Mr. Krabs thing, not the electricity, by the way).

May you mention them? It could be useful so it isn´t just deemed as something outlierish.

- In Krusty Love, SpongeBob runs from Mrs. Puff's house to the store with several items, several times, within the span of seconds

- In One Krab's Trash he went from his house to Smitty's grave, and back to his house, all before Mr. Krabs could notice

- In Bubblestand, he appears like a blur while building the stand

- In SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, he somehow boards a jet that already took off just so he could pester the Strangler

- In Employee of the Month when he cooked several Krabby Patties with Squidward

I'm pretty sure there's more feats to be gathered since he's appeared like a blur countless times

Isn't Bikini Bottom like incredibly small though? Crossing it likely wouldn't be Subsonic. Appearing like a blur is something though.

There was an episode where Squidward accidentally got to the size of about a meter, if that counts.

@Mr. Bambu

Would you be willing to help with calculations of Spongebob feats?

It´s odd that Mr. Bambu is in the Calc Group, yet his profile doesn´t have that tag.

Anyways, I´ll search for some feats meanwhile.

Whatever, I also found some stuff for the verse:

Somehow, all of these happened in the same episode

Patrick is fast
Note that Patrick was the last one moving in the race and he managed to keep up with everyone else

Gary in shell
Gary in his shell

Unfreezing Squidward
As we can see here, Squidward can unfreeze himself when annoyed

Spongebob attack reflecting
Spongebob reacting to some ice spears and reflecting them with his body

Resistance to acid
Mr. Krabs and some average characters survived being digested, which means that the entire cast may be able to resist acid manip or something in those lines

Digested Plankton
Further proof of the cast resisting being digested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back