• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Spongebob CRT: Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
Okay, as the previous thread kinda died, I´m going to just move the topics here so they are fresh again.

Seemingly agreed to be actually added to the profiles:

- Upgrade Mr. Krabs and Squidward´s Regenerationn to Mid-High

Ashes squidward
Owww......

Explanation: The verse has shown enought feats to scale it to at least Mr. Krabs and Squidward to have Mid-High Regenerationn, as it is a gag often brought up, which also means that they can even scale from Spongebob and Patrick, making this solid enought to be applied.
Spongebob nukes biki bottom

Pending discussion:

- Upgrade the speed of main cast (Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward and Mr. Krabs to what seemingly is Subsonic+, the rest of the cast can scale in a case by case basis.

Explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebaDET0k9Y&feature=youtu.be&t=24s

Mr. krabs is too fest 4 u
As we can see in it, Mr. Krabs, which is regarded as the slowest main-cast character (besides Plankton), has shown to be capable of moving this fast when motivated, which likely should bring up those speeds, it may need to be calculated, however.

Note: There´s also the possiblity to upgrade the cast to Relativistic reactions, as Spongebob and Plankton managed to react to and dodge Bubbles´ lasers, and there´s also the segment in the end of the first movie where Spongebob shoots lasers everywhere.

- What to do with the events of Spongebob in Clarinetland

Explanation:

(Taken directly from Spongebob´s profile:

"Notes: The events of "Squidward in Clarinetland" are considered as a hallucination."

While it´s just a single note and thus should just be "Note" as it isn´t being used in plural, the main thing with this is that this should lead to something to be added to his Power and Abilities section

- The inside of Gary´s shell

Explanation:

It has been shown everytime that the inside of Gary´s shell is far bigger than the outside, which so far leads to that Gary has a pocket dimension in it or something, and so if it´s big enought, it can upgrade the entire verse.

Bobsican said:
Explanation: The verse has shown enought feats to scale it to at least Mr. Krabs and Squidward to have Mid-High Regenerationn, as it is a gag often brought up, which also means that they can even scale from Spongebob and Patrick, making this solid enought to be applied.
I already told you before, the consistency of the verse itself doesn't matter, they themselves have to own the feats. It's ok for Squidward, but not for Mr. Krabs.

The "Regenerationn" feat for most of the characters happened off screen.

Besides, they were all taken to the hospital because how badly they were injured in that episode. At best, this would count as Type 2 Immortality

Bobsican said:
Explanation:

It has been shown everytime that the inside of Gary´s shell is far bigger than the outside, which so far leads to that Gary has a pocket dimension in it or something, and so if it´s big enought, it can upgrade the entire verse.
Just having a pocket dimension isn't a feat, if it were Kirby and the Crystal Gems would be High 3-A.

Also, about two things:

1) While it's true that Mr. Krabs is sometimes portrayed as slower than other characters (which isn't even consistent), he is often shown to get speed boost depending on his mood, which would not scale to anyone.

2) What even...

• Gary doesn't have a pocket dimension in his shell. At best it's Hammerspace
  • Assuming it actually is (which it isn't)o actually scale to him, you'd have to prove he actually created it.

Just came here.

Gary once broke his own shell by accident and eventually grew another one, so he technically did it.

Why they wouldn´t scale? At least that should upgrade the Quickster speed stat, as it would be straight up ridiculous for that to be slower than Mr. Krabs at peak.

Yes, the speed is inconsistent, but we can just set a "Varies from Below Average to Subsonic+" to fix that issue.

As for the Regenerationn, I think it needs a few more comments about it in that case.

Sometimes the characters can't fit in Gary's shell though.

And it would still be a 10-C feat.

@Bob

• And even then, destroy a portal to a dimension=/=destroy the dimension.
  • No.
  • Just in that character? Yes.
  • No you need to show feats.

Eficiente said:
@Bob
  • And even then, destroy a portal to a dimension=/=destroy the dimension.
  • No.
  • Just in that character? Yes.
  • No you need to show feats.
1: Then Gary should have portal creation

2: Please explain more about why

3: Please combine your answer to this one with the second one, aka, why? It would be even more inconsistent to not grant some degree of scaling to the rest of the Spongebob cast at least.

4: I remember seeing Mr. Krabs being turned into dust along with Spongebob at the Krusty Krab, anyone knows any footage of it? I couldn´t find it.

Bump.

Also, I think I found some feats around to make the Spongebob cast have Relativistic reactions, should I share them, or just take them as outliers?

That one segment of the Sponge Out of Water segment where Spongebob and Plankton react to and dodge Bubbles´ lasers.

There´s also the segment in the ending of the first movie where Spongebob makes lasers rain everywhere.

Bump.

As their speed is inconsistent, we can just put a "Varies from Below Average to Relativistic (Can react to and dodge lasers)", by the way.

I am not sure. You can ask Ryukama to comment here.

Antvasima said:
They would probably be outliers.
Basically this. And no the fact that it's a gag filled cartoon doesn't make it exempt from outliers.

Okay. Is there anything else left to do here, or should we close this then?

Spongebob should have relativistic attack speed via his laser projection then.

I have to say however, the propierties of those moves seem more like electricity now that I think about it, so it could just go to Massively Hypersonic+ instead of Relativistic.

Note that it´s also at the end of the timeline, so rating it as something this high wouldn´t be inconsistent.

It really isn´t.

It´s not like that one time Patrick ran to the sun.

I also agree to just make it MHS+

I know Spongebob and Patrick have gotten outpaced by regular birds and humans before, and that they've been unable to dodge objects falling from above at times.

Birds in Spongebob's underwater setting?

The only 2 major humans in the series are definetly not regular, to say the least...

I´m not saying to just stick to a solid MHS+ speed then again, but rather to put a value of "Varies from Below Average to Massively Hypersonic+".

Otherwise, at the very least, we still should put an actual speed value besides Unknown.

The birds when Spongebob and the gang walked out from the water. The "cyclops" also caught Spongebob and Patrick. The also could escape from the fishing hooks or being grabbed by humans to be used as cleaning utensils.

I really recommend applying a "Varies from X to Y" rating, as the verse´s speed is pretty variable TBH.

Just setting them at a "Below Average" speed would be ignoring everything else around, which is why I really think adding a "Varies from Below Average to X" would be the best.

Note that MHS+ would be at peak, anything in relativistic and above seems outlierish even to me.

Tbh that's vague and an upgrade shouldn't be based on such. The Jellyfish usually sting Spongebob and Pat relentlessly without them evading, anyway.

Maverick Zero X said:
Tbh that's vague and an upgrade shouldn't be based on such. The Jellyfish usually sting Spongebob and Pat relentlessly without them evading, anyway.
That´s because when that happens they aren´t expecting it, or other times they actually do it in purpose, like that one time they were playing with a jellyfish to purposelly sting them.

Also, why do you consider it vague?

Also, why do you consider it vague?

Because you didn't provide any instances of them actually dodging electrical attacks from the Jellyfish, nor did you state how many times they actually did so. Also, Ryukama evidently rejected the upgrade, so I'm unsure why this is still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back