• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Spongebob CRT: The Strangest Resistance Ever

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so... Hear me out. Spongebob should get Resistance to Vehicular Mastery. I know what you're thinking...

WHUUUHHHHHHH!!?!?!?!?!!

And yeah, it's a crazy thing to have a resistance to, but... Hear me out. Most vehicles Spongebob handled are largely isolated incidents (blindfolded driving (which, by the way, the episode later shown that Spongebob couldn't drive without one), piloting an airplane, piloting a submarine, driving a LITERAL ROCK). It is a common running gag and one of few lore bits actually set in stone for the series that Spongebob generally SUCKS at driving a boatmobile. I say that Spongebob sucking at driving is a set-in-stone lore bit because the creators liked the dynamic between Spongebob and Mrs Puff. Spongebob has been on multiple instances shown to be a genuine danger if he were to ever get behind the wheel of a boatmobile and has failed the driving exam 1258056 times (the actual amount of failures vary, but this one is the most notable, or at least that's what the Spongebob wiki thinks) and even Mrs. Puff herself said that Spongebob is unteachable. Spongebob's constant failures are even the subject of not only Mrs. Puff's incarcerations (most notably in "Doing Time", but "Hall Monitor" is a good one despite Spongebob never being behind the wheel in that episode), but also her insanity in various episodes (including one of the worst Spongebob episodes, I forget which, but it's the one where a deflated Puff tried to KILL Spongebob).

Spongebob's failure count was explicitly stated in the episode "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired," where his failures are numerous enough to where they can turn a select amount of photos from his permanent record into a flipbook, and somehow a drill sergeant was unable to get Spongebob to take a hint in the end. The running gag of Spongebob being a genuine danger behind the wheel remains largely consistent throughout the series, with the most notable example being in the episode "No Free Rides" where Mrs. Puffs passes Spongebob just to get him the hell out of her boating school, only to realize that Spongebob would kill everyone and demolish everything in his path with a boatmobile.

So yeah, basically Spongebob gets Resistance to Vehicular Mastery (at least specifically for boatmobiles) because Spongebob CANNOT master driving a boatmobile whatsoever, no matter how much other people try to drill it into his head.

Last edited:
It's a CRT; all staff members have voting power in these things.
No? Content moderators and calculation group members do not have voting power.
Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.

Just ask any Thread moderator or administrator.

so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable
Keyword: the Staff. COntent mods are staff, and just liike EVERY OTHER STAFF MEMBER, they have voting power. ontent mods ARE Staff! STOP BEING A PHILTHY ******* LIAR!
Content Mod votes aint shit because I'm a ******* liar.
Fixed!

Bump (And no, I refuse to discount Marvel's vote regardless of what regular users say. Staff is Staff.)

This actually makes sense NGL.

Then again, this is far from the weirdest thing you've ever seen. When have you last seen someone else getting Death Manip resistance and Non-Physical Interaction through the act of sex? :devilish:

This actually makes sense NGL.

Then again, this is far from the weirdest thing you've ever seen. When have you last seen someone else getting Death Manip resistance and Non-Physical Interaction through the act of sex? :devilish:
kratosin time!

So would his vehicular mastery apply to all his other unorthodox vehicles he has driven before? Such as the Patty Wagon and The Rock?

I feel this should only apply to boats

Back