• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basically, some extra stuff has come up.

Desna should get Body Control, as she can harden her hair to the point that it's harder than diamonds (Hardening hair like this isn't under Hair Manipulation IIRC)

Teseo should get Physics Manipulation, as he's explicitly stated to be able to alter the laws of physics within digitized space.

Milas should get Statistics Amplification, since his trident (Which is officially called the "Triton Harp") specifically buffs his Septima.

Merak isn't getting any new abilities, but can someone please approve or disprove this calc? Merak needs it because...

Normal humans should no longer scale to 9-C, since even Rei himself claimed he wouldn't have survived the explosion if it wasn't for the clothing cushioning the impact. 10-B or 10-A is the most likely place to put them.

And here's the big one that's probably the one that would most need to be approved before being added:

Gunvolt, only while under the effects of Anthem, should get Regeneration (Mid-Godly).

This is because Joule's specifically stated to revive him by improving his healing. This also includes reviving Gunvolt from Seven Slashes, an attack that freezes, shatters and kills the concept of the victim's soul (Which has already been approved in a previous CRT). It should be noted that Gunvolt has never lost any fights canonically while under Anthem, and the only enemies that have threatened him at all are Asimov (Who could nullify his Septima, and thus his healing) and Zonda (Who removed Joule from his body, thus removing the Anthem). Joule did this in her weakened Gunvolt 2 state, as well. This would also have the side effect of removing Joule's resurrection, since that's not what she actually does.

It can be argued that Copen's Anthem might also get this since it most likely works by enhancing his healing tech (And Joule's Septima has been shown to work with technology), but Copen's never gotten hit by Seven Slashes before (Tenjian dosn't even use it against him in gameplay) so it's iffy.

If we REALLY wanna stretch, Berserk Mode Blade might also scale to this since she should have the same passive healing ability as Gunvolt, and the Butterfly Effect's enhancement should be comparable to Joule's. It's not like Copen was ever an actual threat to Blade's life once she entered Berserk Trigger, considering Copen only defeated her by snapping her out of it.

Last edited:
As the person that provided the dangeki scans, agree, although we have to clarify that Gunvolt can... Y'know still die during anthem by normal attacks, so the healing is more of a one time thing rather than a constant regen.

Didn't GV used Anthem himself without Joule to beat Zonda?
Outside of that everything seems fine.

As the person that provided the dangeki scans, agree, although we have to clarify that Gunvolt can... Y'know still die during anthem by normal attacks, so the healing is more of a one time thing rather than a constant regen.
Gunvolt's never canonically died under Anthem though. No reason to assume his regen would become weaker afterwards.
Didn't GV used Anthem himself without Joule to beat Zonda?
Outside of that everything seems fine.
The Self-Anthem definitely provides a boost in power, but there's no real evidence it would provide the other benefits.

Hm, that is true, but... he can die is the thing, he did lose against Copen in GV2 Copen route with it, and was going to die if not for the last minute shield.

Hm, that is true, but... he can die is the thing, he did lose against Copen in GV2 Copen route with it, and was going to die if not for the last minute shield.
Before Copen would have killed Gunvolt, you can see that Anthem has stopped (Due to the lack of aura) and that Mytyl had stopped using it.

Mytyl was literally using it for the first time ever and were already kinda dead, so it's not unreasonable to assume they were overtaxed.

I dunno, it's kind of an unknown whether Anthem ever like- wait Lola's Anthem didn't work in iX-

regardless, just put a note at least that its unknown whether or not Mid G Regen works after the first time ig since GV never dies afterwards

maybe this could tie into how Joule overturned the bad end

Doubtful. Mid-Godly is hardly required to heal a bullet wound.
Just because you can regen your existence doesn't mean you can regen physically, Mid-Godly is above even High regen and all, but cases of characters only regenerating when going at that level (rather than that one and any level below) isn't unheard of.

Just because you can regen your existence doesn't mean you can regen physically, Mid-Godly is above even High regen and all, but cases of characters only regenerating when going at that level (rather than that one and any level below) isn't unheard of.
Perhaps, but given Joule specifically buffs Gunvolt's natural healing ability, which obviously can heal from physical damage, it's probably not that.

Wait, uh, Asimov's Voltaic Chains kinda one shots, Greed Snatcher wasn't the only reason why he was threatening

Well, I noticed Mid-Godly and where did the proposal come from? Everything else looks good but I'm curious to know where Mid-Godly comes from first.

I can fill you in on that Dark, give me some time though, definitely today I'll bring you the full details on Anthem and Seven Slashes but maybe in a couple hours so I can organize everything, cuz I need to explain Dangeki Profiles too for the most detailed explaination ever

Last edited:
Well, I noticed Mid-Godly and where did the proposal come from? Everything else looks good but I'm curious to know where Mid-Godly comes from first.
To make a long story short:
  • Tenjian's Seven Slashes has been stated to be capable of freezing, shattering and killing the victim's soul (More specifically the concept of the victim's soul, although that might just be flowery wording)
  • Joule's Anthem is stated to revive Gunvolt specifically by buffing his healing
  • There's a scripted sequence where Joule uses Anthem to bring Gunvolt back after he gets hit by Seven Slashes
I should note that Seven Slashes' soulhax and Joule's anthem buffing Gunvolt's healing both come from the GV2 Dangeki, meaning this isn't grabbing different statements from different sources.

Last edited:
But is an an attack that destroys their body, mind, and soul while erasing them from the pages of history?

Oh yeah, forgot about that, but does it erase the body and soul entirely?

So first off. What the heck are those scans Smashor put up there. Those are translations of “Dangeki Magazine Profiles”. Exclusively Japan only, provided by Inti Creates (the guys who made GV). Inti doesnt have much of an audience outside of Japan, so that’s why you never heard about Gunvolt. These profiles are effectively an infodump for our purposes, they list backstories, power details, and even address inconsistencies at times (such as Copen being unable to Prevade vs lightning, or Gibril not being able to blood hax everyone)

Now, onto our actual subject. Anthem, what in tarnation is that. Anthem is part of the Muse Septima, it comes from a smol girl, Joule. On the surface level, when you die by losing your HP, you get revived to full health by her “song”, and become basically OP (Infinite Prevasion, also you can fly). From this description alone it seems like Ressurection, but that isn’t the case GV describes this power as something along these lines: “Whenever I fall in battle, I hear your song, it gives me motivation to get up again”. Of course, since these deaths are decided by the player being an absolute scrub, these likely aren’t canon. But this does hint that this definitely isn’t ressurection. We’ll move onto the actual canonical uses of this. There are 4 of them, but we’ll focus on two. So in GV1, there’s two endings. I’ll be quick about it, in the bad ending, you die by OP power nulling gun. In the true ending, you almost die, and then get revitalized by Anthem

Here, Joule actually fuses with Gunvolt’s body (or something), and you like get this souped up version of Anthem but... kinda irrelevant for these purposes Regardless this tells us that again, this isn’t ressurection, since Gunvolt didn’t actually die. Also literally in that same game there is a Ressurection septima so like, why have that one if Anthem is better in literally every way Now to the actual point, there‘s a character named Tenjian, his Septima freezes things. Normally, Tenjian can freeze below absolute zero (i know wtf), but after we beat him in a rematch, he does this charged up super move called “Seven Slashes”, which one shots on hit. New players basically cannot dodge this, and its scripted that Joule comes to Anthem you when you die, so GV getting bodied and Anthem‘d is the intent, no doubt about it

In the Dangeki Profile for Tenjian, we come to learn that Seven Slashes a technique that is used when Tenjian is ready to give his life. Instead of just freezing below absolute zero, he quite literally freezes the concepts of Time, Space, and Soul of the opponent before shattering it into pieces (hence the one shot). Anthem somehow allows GV to live through this. We know it isn’t ressurection, as previously established, so what the heck is it? Now, for the Dangeki profile for Joule, she specifically amplifies GV’s natural healing ability to revive him from near death, to top capacity. This lines up, since if he’s actually dead, this won’t work, so Regen Mid G is likely the most educated conclusion we can come to

After reading the revisions, I don't mind the upgrades. Regarding the calc, personally I don't like used measurements on Pixel-based games, but if someone else approves of it, I'd be fine.

However, next time you guys want me to check on a CRT, please message me on my new message wall and not the old fandom one. It's easier for me to find messages on the new one (as you can tell from the four day delay).

Back