• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt 3 power scaling

So I think I know a way to scale the Gunvolt 3 cast since I don't see a discussion about the new game yet.

So Dragonvolt required 1000 glaives to seal, and was still producing enough power to power a futuristic Japan for several decades to the point of fossil fuels becoming obsolete. It would eventually break free, showing just how powerful it is. The only other being to use more than one glaive was Nova, who capped at 3 to seal his power, and like Dragonvolt it wasn't successfully at sealing all of it. So comparing Dragonvolt's 1000 to Nova's 3, we have a power difference of 333.33%.

However that's just for Dragonvolt. How about the ATEMS adepts? They achieved their armed phenomenon forms using the binding brands, special artifacts the glaives were based on. The four brands kept a lid on Moebius' power, who's power, being an octima, is some unknown level of magnitude greater than Dragonvolt. While they aren't part of the actual seals on it, those being another set of glaives, the brands were important in that they are responsible for the spiritual barrier protecting japan and also fueled another barrier keeping Moebius' containment protected, showing just how more powerful and important Moebius is compared to Dragonvolt. This likely puts them well ahead of the OG Sumeragi adepts and likely beyond the Eden adepts, seeing as the likes of Kirin can take on illusions of both fake Zonda and Tenjian at the same time, and Gunvolt obviously being much stronger at this point even when sealed. There is no exact multiplier I can give for the brands' power boost as they arent part of the seal on moebius.

But if you wanna compare them to the much weaker glaives, 4 brands keep Moebius protected, vs the 1000 used to seal Dragonvolt, COULD theoretically mean 1 brand is equal to roughly 250 glaives, creating a power difference over Nova of about 83.33% when they use the brands, not counting the fact Moebius is, again, stronger than Dragonvolt by some unknown magnitude, the multiplier could be higher. Of course, there is always the alternative of trying to scale them to Kirin, and then scale her to Dragonvolt, but given the fact that Dragonvolt was not at full capacity upon first breaking free, she obviously doesn't scale to his full power. And we can't scale her to the full power of Moebius possesed Gunvolt as Kirin was being boosted by Zed and Luxia (the Djinn). So given she can't properly scale to full power Dragonvolt, that Kirin, the Dragon Saviors, and ATEMS adepts should scale above the old Sumeragi gang and the Eden gang, either by some unknown degree, or by the theoretical 83.33% buff over full power Nova.

I'd also hesitate to give the typical Anthem level multipliers seeing as Lumen here isn't the real thing, and we don't know how powerful the Image Pulses are compared to their real counterparts, ALTHOUGH seeing as The Djinn is comparable to Anthem, you could argue for Djinn boosts where they are appropriate.

If there are any additional thoughts or criticisms about the above scaling, I'd appreciate it. Especially since the difference between Dragonvolt and Nova is VERY blatant, to the point some form of scaling can easily be done.

Currently IIRC we're waiting for the wave of DLCs to conclude before we fully do ASG3 revisions, namely out of vagueness regarding what to do on Morbius-Gunvolt

I'll respond later. I didnt look at this yet but to let you know, basically the current scaling idea is that we scale to Zed's Ballistic Missiles feat where he used a Fireball to turn night to morning, so a star calc that puts us at H6B, and a likely value using GV's world destroying implications along with Vanising World, and since Moebius is stronger than GV's Dragon State, anyone who harms Moebius scales

Also, there is a GV Discussion Thread (called Discussion Thread 2, insert smth smth) and a Discord Server

If you want to check on current profiles and their progress, you can check my Sandboxes

User:Smashtwig/Sandbox (Gunvolt, Kirin, Zed, Moebius, BB)

Sandbox_0 to Sandbox_2 are other projects which you can check on your own

Actually now that I think about it one of Zed's image pulses said something about his ability to mess up countries. My Dragonvolt calc only put him at large island level. I guess it does make sense though. Feels like one hell of a leap from mountain and island busters though lol.

Okay, I've read this- I'll do my best with my current comprehension

For what you said about Zed's image pulses destroying countries, yes that's a thing. And there is PLENTY of evidence ever since GV1's Fleeting Memories to support it not being an outlier. Plus, Zed is comparable to GV as his "counterpart" in promotional material. There's also the fact that he's superior to all of his Binding Brand subordinates. It makes sense that he's just... really powerful tbh

As for the rest of your thing, I can see you using purely number based scaling, which isn't wrong per say (like we did for Anthem numbers), but I do prefer actual feats, we can fall back on this kind of scaling if it comes down to it, I just prefer feats, which we do have.

For Kirin scaling, it looks like there's two ballparks for argument. Because I'm a Kirin simp, I say she scales to GV, at least slightly. She fought Moebius Possessed GV and actually like, hurt the guy before he used Astral Order (you can argue GV was holding back, but he explicitly states he cant even control his body- and all of his attack patterns look much more impressive compared to Anthem/Dragonvolt/D-Nized GV), she can seal up Anthemd/D-nized GV (which is basically Dragonvolt), she fights Moebius 1st Phase and can just... survive his SP Skill (idc if its hax, she ****** LIVED) and just beat his ass, and she clearly fights and beats Zed (who literally says he underestimated her fetters). I say she scales to Zed (who has a casual H6B calc), who down scales from Dragonvolt

The jump in power also isn't that big, as the bosses in this game are either Primal Dragon Class Adepts transformed by Gunvolt's Radiation, Binding Brand Users, or Zed really

Last edited:
One more note is that I do want to do a CRT of my own, as apparently Astral Order has the potential to have 2-A hax

…after my BMZ CRT

Last edited:
The only major fleeting memories feat I can recall is the destruction of the lab via Asimov. But if there is a country level feat THAT far back, doesn't that mean the Sumeragi and Eden groups scale to it? For that matter, the ix 1 and 2 bosses would also scale.

Low key still think iX 2 Copen should scale to BMZ given the numerous lore ties, but I guess that's just me at this point lol.

I more of meant the scale of the world being country wide influence, so destroying a country won't be that surprising when there's so many other things that were going to or have affected the entire country

For Fleeting Memories, Adepts are stated to have destroyed countries, leaving only Japan/Sumeragi left, its an over time feat, but it definitely supports any country level character via the scale of the world

Last edited:
Ah, ok. I was about to say I didn't recall any country level feats in there, though it had been some time since I read fleeting memories. Also feels like that bit got retconed given the fact the Eden adepts are from different countries, and ATEMS being from some nondescript country.

So here is a question. Should iX 2 Copen scale to Kirin? Or more specifically the more powerful Kirin XX. That form is stupidly fun to use in merciless mode btw.

Hopefully they give more lore on the XX-Trigger. It feels like a post Moebius fight form, given the lore they gave it and the fight with Copen implying it is post Moebius. Like isn't her ability based on seals? Where do the shadow clones and giant ground blades come from? XD

She's capable of Sealing concussion energy into her talismans as explained in the intro stage and sealing GV's image pulses into her talismans as well like she was catching pokemon, she could be storing entire clones and giant swords in her talismans

Yeah but the stored energy and image pulses have explanations to them. The clones don't. Hell the giant swords dont even come from her talismans.

Oh well. They are adding more content so maybe XX-Trigger will be given some more lore. More bosses, an ATEMS themed epilogue, and other unknown goodies. Personally hoping for more tag boss battles with older bosses, like the Jota and Viper fight or the Tenjian and Fake Zonda fight. Hell maybe even her side of things with iX Copen.

I'm just gonna leave this here for you to view (plz don't edit). Some of it is quite unfinished (especially Kirin who is missing all of the remaining DLC Image Pulses), but I'm planning on posting GV's soon- as well as Zed (maybe just his H6B calc) and BB's

Yeah get rid of the 6C for these lol, as much as I don't like the rest of the Dragon Saviors being so strong, they fought Kirin, Kirin fought H6B Zed Feat

You had Kirin with mountain level durability which had me confused lol.

I do question the point of Shiron's septima, making light speed calculations, when everyone is roughly that fast anyways.

It’s on the website, I put it down simple as that. There’s a history of people trying to downplay light speed, and I will do everything I can to eradicate the downplay this verse gets

Oh I'm not downplaying it. I mean Jota in the FIRST game has literal light powers, not to mention the crap ton of laser weapons the grunts and enemy bots use. I'm just saying Shiron's ability to make calculations at that speed seems kinda...underwhelming. Yeah outside of a battle he is great for data analysis and stuff, but in a battle when EVERYONE can move and fight at those speeds, meaning they have to have some level of light speed processing of their own, kinda makes his already ill-equipped for combat septima seem even more pointless, again outside of just pure data analysis, if that makes sense. Yeah he can make all the calculations he wants pre-fight, but that would require prep-time, and he still had his butt kicked. Not trying to be harsh on Shiron, he is my favorite of the saviors, I just wish his septima had a bit more umph to it.

Oh I'm not downplaying it. I mean Jota in the FIRST game has literal light powers, not to mention the crap ton of laser weapons the grunts and enemy bots use. I'm just saying Shiron's ability to make calculations at that speed seems kinda...underwhelming. Yeah outside of a battle he is great for data analysis and stuff, but in a battle when EVERYONE can move and fight at those speeds, meaning they have to have some level of light speed processing of their own, kinda makes his already ill-equipped for combat septima seem even more pointless, again outside of just pure data analysis, if that makes sense. Yeah he can make all the calculations he wants pre-fight, but that would require prep-time, and he still had his butt kicked. Not trying to be harsh on Shiron, he is my favorite of the saviors, I just wish his septima had a bit more umph to it.
Yeah, but it's still a supporting feat, I want every piece of evidence because I know downplayers exist everywhere.

I just became aware of them lol. I'm curious if she is still able to use image pulses, canonically, without GV around anymore after the final boss. Like I know they were made by them together, but I wonder what happens to them once he leaves. Like Kirin XX cant use them, though that could also just be a gameplay mechanic.

And I guess that makes sense. Just wish he had something better. Like imagine if he calculated at FASTER than light. That would be impressive.

I noticed the image pulses for Jota list his septima as Afterglow and not Lightspeed, and for Asroc is marionette instead of puppetmaster (although that one has been inconsistent anyways). I wonder if there is any other instances of that?

Hey, have you tried out the Teseo + Merak tag team fight yet? They mixed two of the most annoying bastards into one fight. Weird seeing an Eden member and Sumeragi member being forced to partner up, especially these two since they have a history with each other.

Back