• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anima: Beyond Fantasy Page Revision Thread

Few undeads have it, being immune to summoning abilities unless they come from a being of superior gnosis (or gnosis EX) or by another undead.

And yes, is not creation, is Weapon Construct using blood, it just give the blood shape.

Blog has been updated

If that's it, someone can have it be added, just be sure to link this thread in the summary

With the last discussion, we no longer treat Intimidation as Fear Manipulation, but rather as Social Influencing. Wouldn't treat Necromantic Affinity as Social Influencing neither, is something more about hierarchy, like a rule of nature.

"Will recover from any wound nearly instantly", not think this is accurate, it took him a few minute to recover from a stab in the heart (plus any injury caused by Ergo, although there weren't any notable), plus when he was stabbbed in the war it also took him time, when he awoke the battle was already finished.

Ok, let me other stuff:

The arm of the Death do not really makes him stronger, is more hax, is just that increases the chances to cause a Critical (there's several ways of how a Critical works non-gameplay wise). He has a transformation, but we do not known exactly what it does (it was introduced after the creation of his sheet), but is commonly accepted it increase the Critical level plus is considered that all his body is the arm of Death.

Would call Ki Concealment conventional invisibility, its more of a Aura Concealment, characters are physically visible. In the case of the Nemesis power, it just help someone being stealthy (avoid to be detected, but depends of the stealth level of the user).

Common misconception, but like several other abilities, the arm of death do not negate resistances, it bypass immunities, its mechanically different (for intance, one can still use its PhR to avoid being affected by the arm, but a power like the Valkyrie's immortality is completely ignored, not negated).

I mean, we're using attack ability it scale people if we can't via lore, and TRAoD is a really large attack ability boost that puts him above basically any 2-C in the verse in terms of sheer AP.

Meh. I'll probably put that somewhere else or tag it as limited since it basically only works for their aura or when someone is trying to find them via supernatural means, but is still invisibility in that sense.

The way immunities are depicted aligns very closely to what we consider resistances. Being unaffected by any spell that costs less than, say, 300 Zeon is basically just really good resistance to magic, as an example. Same with the "immunity" to elemental effects below specific intensities.

I interprete resistence as "reducing the effects of something", being unaffected by 300 Zeon spells counts as immunity, but with a threashold, anything below do not works, and anything above works normally. Is just to clear doubts, in case it fights a guy that can resist resistance negation despite this kind of attack do not nullify anything.

Between other things, where where does it comes the when he dies a curse happens? I also feel that the powers of Necrom should be separated, for stetic reasons

It's like a damage barrier for magic. Being below the barrier means that you can't do anything to them, but being above it means that you can effect them normally with no reductions, which is how we treat resistances here.

I can see that.

The curse thing comes from the phenomenon in Moth (though John having it seems weird considering his whole deal is being unable to die anyway.)

If the stab through the heart thing is from when he revived after being "killed" by Lady, I'd say that definitely wasn't minutes given the context, probably seconds at most.

Welp, Moth is something special, I would consider it just as part of Moth's powers rathe rthan other beings, plus, what Moth says refer to Natura (I guess it means Natura+ considering that humans has been cursed there), so even if John can die on Moth nothing wouldn't happens, he is no longer a natural being.

Assuming that Unknown appeared just after the Bearer and Lady left the room, that's means that there were a talk by her, so it definitively passed minutes; and considering what happend in that one war, I would say it is variable, it could take minutes to hours, at least the physical damage.

That must be a translation thing because it definitely says Gnosis in the English version.

John didn't "die" until after Unknown had already left, and revived and chased after her shortly after.

Yeah, translation thing, have sense, don't recall Between Worlds creatures to turn into Wake's specters.

Mm, didn't consider in that way, although I would prefer to give as unknown, other instances took more time, how much time did took to recover from his suicide attemp?

By the way, we never cleared the way of scaling speed, the part of moving throw a rain of bullets refer to the difficulty, so simply having Inhumanity do not guarantee that someone reach that difficulty.

Plus Carlos suffered a disrepairment in the bestiary, characters that are supposely to have Inhumanity/Zen there do not have it, and vice-verse.

Except that it does without gameplay mechanics, because otherwise you'd need to roll for what a character does in VSBW matches which is not happening for obvious reasons.

Welp, the problem is that there's nothing outside of game mechanics to scale, the dodging projectiles and light comes from the description difficulties Inhumanity and Zen (that again, one need to reach the difficulty). Right now profiles consider Impossible difficulty for dodging lightning (that personally I'm starting to doubt it, 320 is more fitting, plus anyone that has been capable to attack with confirmed real lightning have around this level of AA), and the lower ones have it as for dodging blank point arrows.

Joh's been updated. I removed the curse thing, since it isn't likely to come up regardless of whether or not he has it

@Antonio

Most of that is combat speed, since you need like 19 Agility to be able to outright walk as fast as lightning, and most people don't really scale to it anyways afaik.

Yes, those difficulties is for dodge or parry (although, parrying bullets is generally more difficult, so is one may not being capable to do it despite having the speed to do so... or one can have a combat module like Griever). We use AGI to determinate speed since there's no really real feats (can't neither scale to animals, their AGI was giving to reflect their agility rather than travel speed). By the way, remember with having certain level of Athetism, characters can double their running speed, at least temporaly.

And since there's no real ftl speed lore wise, we use the Inhuman and Zen difficulties as reference (but with someone having equal or just a little lower ability to the difficulty is enough to scale. Other wise we got stuff like "at least" or "likely")

Antoniofer said:
By the way, remember with having certain level of Athetism, characters can double their running speed, at least temporaly.
Off topic, but where is this from? I've also seen talk of Feats of Strength giving a extra point in STR too, but i can't find it in the books lol

Chapter 4 of the Core, it explain that Athetism is used to increase one MT and for how much it can run. Other stuff like Composure increasing resistance against emotion altering abilities and Feat of Strength temporaly increasing the weight index are also there.

Feat of Strength is essentially useless, btw.

Mmm, wouldn't give him Enhanced Senses tho, those are slightly lower than of the average peasant.

And what that Abstract Existence imply? Reading the ability page it says that is not possible to destroy the user without a way to affecting the concept, but that is not the case with that demon (or the ones of its hierarchy).

I imagine you're talking about the Baroque here, in which case that is literally not the case. Not having any specifically listed value in a Secondary Ability means that you have a -20 with it in-game, aka you're either average or just bad at it.

To have type 1 AE, you don't have to be some overarching concept, just an abstraction, which is rather clearly what Demons are.

Yes, talking about the Baroque, it have only Notice 20 and Search 10, comparing with the common peasant that have Notice 20 and Search 20, so I wouldn't call it Enhanced Senses.

You sure? It sounds like the page of Abstract Existence assumes one need an special power to put it down; if not then, I guess the power is confusing (and one of the attemps of standarizing abilities,something I do not really likes).

If the baseline is -20, then a 20 is well above normal. Hence, Enhanced Senses.

It literally says "abstraction", and the power you're referring to is Non-Physical Interaction. Also kinda unrelated but if we didn't standardize powers resistances wouldn't mean anything against people from outside of a given verse, for one.

Welp, average has a range, but it depends, do you consider spotting a cat following you 50% of the time to be impressing? sure D&D 3.5E consider it to be so.

Standarizing in the sense of giving characters a set of powers based in a common statement, but if the power by itself do not grants anything special I think I'm fine.

Wouldn't neither call -20 (its actually -30) average senses, that is like, unable to hear an explosion due to a minor background sound, or near impossible to see a brown dog in middle of the rain... at close range.

Gamewise, is limitless as long it has how to hold the object. Of course, there's a few irregularities, even gamewise is theorically possibly to struggle someone with that much strength (although currently I do not recall someone that could do it aside of Ergo, and get he only has 21% of doing it... assuming he do not ate a negative due size difference).

Meanwhile, I can take a look: Enhanced Senses repeats twice, although I believe is work in progress, but now i mentioned, it would be nice to put their levels of secundaries and then redirect them to the Secundary blogs (that I stopped updating). Rudra do not possess Acrobatics nor Stealth skills, nor Style (and still without known why does it grants Fate Manipulation)

Rudra hasn't bought Free Access spells, who does it have them? His Existential Resistance is not quite Power Null, it simply ignore them if they do not fulfill the requeriments (again, mechanically different). And no, Rudra is not comparable to the Dragon, the Dragon is by far stronger (said by AS).

So, should i just put it at 150k tons [the limit for STR 19] ?

The second Enhanced senses is because Magic Sense and Sense Emoions make it better than base

I am not sure what to put for the justifications of the secondaries and TBH, Ed will probably re-make the blog hopefully

Will remove those Secondaries

also, Rusha has 90 levels in Air, which means he would have access to Free Access Spells

The description of Existance Existance makes it sound like Power Null tho, since it "melts" Psychic matrixes

and lastly, i am just going off the AP scaling in the revion thread

Wouldn't take those values too literal, by size, Rudra weights far than that and can lift more. We certainly knows that have more STR than Gurmah, so scale it to it (if no one has no issue).

Wouldn't call it Enhanced Senses, Magic Appraisal is more than simply detect magic (not by conventional senses, in whose case would also counts as ESP), but also interprete and "hide" it from others.

Someone have access to them, but if they do not "buy" them the wizard can't perform them. In the case of Rudra, it simply didn't buy Free Access spells.

what is the Lifting Strenght of Gurmah ?

my bad, confused it with Extrasensory Perception

i was told the spell point buy system was game mechanics, but IDK

Look at his profile, I remember it to be 50% of its weight. Plus, the same core tell you that with STR 15 one can move a mountain.

Buying by it self is game mechanics, but if the character in the sheet could be able to perform a certain Free Access spells it would have been written in the sheet (something is not). Honestly, mysthic class aren't my strong spot, so I may be wrong, but I've see custom sheets and if they have a FA spell is at least written in there (like the case of Lilith, whose favorite spell is Contraceptive Protection).

Double post, also yes, that's official.

Now I think, creating profiles of these characters wouldn't be that difficult (Lilith and Tiamat), even lacking official sheets, they are kinda simply.

1: Characters being able to struggle against those with 20 Strength doesn't invalidate it being infinite LS.

2: Style is explicitly stated to cause events that make the user look cool, such as perfectly timed lightning strikes.

3: Considering the description for Free Access spells, there is no reason for Rudra to not have them.

4: Spiritual Resistance literally makes psychic powers and magic disappear if their potential or zeon value are too low, so that is very much power null

5: Rudra's description states that he is one of if not the strongest Aeon, which definitely includes The Dragon.

Back