• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anima beyond fantasy revisions part 1: Gnosis 40 and the wake

It's not the nature of the Arcane what is being brought into question. Romeo was not lying per se about that part, but that doesn't make what he said truth: if you're familiarized with the setting, you could notice there's a bunch of pressuring stuff happening since the Emperor was assassinated and Elisabetha sat on the throne. Several Principalities claimed independence, other are in the blink of war, and no mind the entities who are lining up to wreck havoc. In some form, Gaïa is in chaos... but Baal is not responsible of that, and for it to break free the moment the world collide in war is unlikely (you can listen to Nameless saying the seals will prevail for centuries). That the instant the world explodes somehow Baal breaks free is Romeo's desilusion; Baal almost escaped from its binding this time because of what the Bearer did, otherwise nothing would've happened.

For further support, here's a statement from the author after the game was released:

Does Baal retain any ability to affect Gaïa in his current state? Could he manipulate
others or create an avatar to try to free himself as the Shadow of Omega?

No. Baal cannot affect Gaïa directly in any way and he CANNOT create an avatar. On the other
hand, he CAN influence creatures that meet one of the following two requirements:
1- For some reason they have his blood, objects of his or have been affected / influenced by
creatures linked to Baal (and in these cases I am referring to things he released / created or
influenced in the past, during the third shadow war).
2- Extremely evil people who, by mere chance, are not akin to any kind of demonic entity or hell.
In these "gaps" Baal can act.
This is a case where author statements contradict in game lore. The unknown confirms Baal was going to manifest on Gaia and ergo states that Baal is Indeed linked to the real world.

The seals were practically useless, if they were truly long lasting the nameless wouldn’t have promptly sought to stop Baal before he fully awakened.

The ritual performed by Lady must had enacted the gradual awakening of Baal to the point he almost broke free, that much is clear. However, prior to the events, and after all the trip to the Arcane is done, Baal's influence over Gaïa had been, and it is, minimal (there's an ongoing relationship between it and The Five, but he is by far, incapable to bring large-scale chaos to the real world).

Don't think I have anything more to say about Baal unless the staff ask something. I can drop this out last particular discussion and leave the staff to deliver. In the meanwhile, is there something other to say about other of my input given, or want me to speak about another suggestion of yours that I haven't brought up yet?

Back