• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Analytical Prediction or Precognition?

Something I've been wondering, what power is this in the following excerpt:

"This is bad. Horrible!

Master, Master Raphael-san——!

I could only go to Raphael for enlightenment.

Is there any good way out?

No, think of a solution fast!

——My wish seems to have been delivered as Wisdom King Raphael starts to respond.

《Report. Skill ÒÇîPredict Future AttackÒÇìhas been learnt. Apply skill? YES/NO 》

I swing my sword to hit that light, and interestingly, I was able to successfully block Hinata's sword.

It seems that these light trails indicate all the possible paths of attacks that the enemy can go for under the circumstance with the attacks following the direction of the trails. I tried it for several more times and discovered that sometimes the light trails would not glow.

This indicates that it is unable to predict the incoming attack path, meaning that it will be a complex attack from the enemy. In simpler terms, low level attacks such as a feint can all be predicted. But since Hinata has mastered the art of sword, she was also able to strike out unpredictable attacks. The terrifying property of this skill is not its ability to predict, but that whatever it predicts is destined to happen. It is not a prediction of an attack that is most likely to occur, instead, once successfully predicted, the attack will definitely land on the predicted path."

Analytical Predictio or Precognition? Also, Precognition's page desperately needs to be changed, because it sounds just like Analytical Prediction there too.

This like some sorta computer thing mapping out potential directions of attack?

Hm. I'd personally go analysis due to tje line about the girl heinf able to throw it off with complex attack patterns. Precog does need a wording change yes.

I thought that too, but it said "whatever predicts is destined to happen". So I'm torn between:

A. This is a very broken Precog

B. This is a very broken Analytical Prediction

Could combine it with fate/causality stuff, sorta like 40k psykers can.

Jesus lord Fuse, still mindhaxing us, even in the light novel.

I'm gonna say this is Precog. For one this does say Predict Future Attack, and it creates these "lines" before the attack actually hits. Even then, still sounds like Analytical Prediction. Precog's page likely needs to be changed before we go on with this.

It seems that Analytical Prediction will become part of precog.

No, like, the page of Analytical Prediction will be merged with Precognition's page once the staff accept it and edit it.

I agree with Analytical Prediction, until it is merged with Precog, of course.

I don't think it should be merged but that's for another thread.

Dargoo Faust said:
I agree with Analytical Prediction, until it is merged with Precog, of course.
I don't think it should be merged but that's for another thread.
Well, there's a thread for it already and Matt, Monarch, Promestein and multiple other mods and staff members accepted the merging.

Back