• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Analytical prediction should have it’s own page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permission from @Qawsedf234 to make this.

analytical prediction should have it’s own page instead of being combined with Precognition. This is because precognition is the ability to see into the future so you can know what your opponent is going to do next.

while analytical prediction is just simply predicting what your opponent is going to do next by simply watching their movements.

It’s also because analytical prediction has it’s own varieties too.

Note: this idea was originally @ElajRuengies idea.

7-CE33854-41-B0-4432-9598-E4-C6047-F223-C.jpg

0-F5-FA5-C3-C564-4747-9-DED-008-DEDB8694-C.jpg

He’s busy At the movement right now so I’m doing this for him. (I told @Qawsedf234 about it and he told me I have permission to make this in the staff discussions, as shown in the link at the top)

made a sandbox for it

also planning to use this image from the superpower wiki for the page.

@Dalesean027

i want to avoid plagiarism but uh just to exactly sure what "analytical prediction is"

i used this and this https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Body_Language_Analysis

to help me figure it out (if you get what i mean, i didn't copy anything from there, just wanted to make sure if there any powers on superpower wiki that best fit the description so i know what to write in my summary, Not plagiarizing obviously) is it understandable?

The last one is precongnition the rest are fine as what you're proposing to be analytical prediction

Like the last one literally says this

"King Crimson has already seen through it. Your movements in the future. The trajectory of your movements in the future."

Of this is ro be taken literally then yeah thats precog

I think they should stay one page. They're both different ways of predicting the future and at higher levels Analytical Prediction is functionally the same aside from minor details. It's not the job of pages to account for minor details and character's variations in powers, so one page. That's my take and I'll stand by it.

Got Celestial Pegasus' permission to post here.

Okay, so what we're looking at here is how to handle Analytical Prediction. So the issue lies in whether to split it from precognition or not. Now, the deal is analytical prediction focuses on being able to predict an outcome and working around, like in the case of Deku from My Hero Academia, or being able to create an ideal outcome from the world around you, as in the case with TARI from Meta Runner, or even predicting something while in combat like Hit with his time skip.

I feel there are ways in which analytical prediction and precognition are similar (they both rely on predicting and working around the future) and different (one relies on applying the immediate future to the now while the other relies on the broad spectrum of the future). As such, I think the best way to handle analytical prediction and precognition is to keep it within precognition, BUT with the caveat that it should be consider a type of precognition, and we have plenty of articles that splits a certain broad ability (purification, acausality, underwater breathing), so I don't see how this wouldn't be possible. An explanation for how analytical prediction works would be tailored to the term itself. Something like this.:

Analytical Prediction - While analytical prediction isn't truly precognition, it has similarities to precognition. And while precognition is a broad-spectrum ability that can either be precise or vague and may not always be combat-applicable (a good example of non-combat applicable precog is Dawn from Total Drama), analytical prediction revolves around the immediate future and thus would always be combat applicable. This ability can be used to determine outcomes from the opponent (ex. Deku's analytical prediction and Hit's Time Skip) or from the environment around them (ex. Tari from Meta Runner).

I think that works.

Yeah, it should be like how we do our Self-Sustenance page. With different types of precog being listed. So as an example: Body Reading, Prediction, Passive Future Sight and Active Future site
Yeah, I can agree with that. It's like I said, splitting into types is an easy compromise for when something can work in different ways and be the same broad-scale ability.

Yeah, it should be like how we do our Self-Sustenance page. With different types of precog being listed. So as an example: Body Reading, Prediction, Passive Future Sight and Active Future site
Where would dream-based precog be according to this?

The draft needs obviously a re-work, but I unfortunately don't know much about the ability, but I would help in this matter if someone provide me information or background about the ability.

Alright fine since I guess I'm responsible for this-

Basically my argument for Analytical Prediction having it's own page was due to how while it was treated as a sub-type of Precognition, 1. It doesn't involve seeing the future so it just isn't Precognition, and 2. There are enough sub-types of Analytical Prediction to give it a page of it's own. Here are the types I can think of right off the bat-

Trajectory Prediction: The ability to extrapolate the future path of an object based on it's speed and direction relative to oneself, possibly even taking into account acceleration and/or curved paths. Usually reliant on eyesight, although this can be done with very acute hearing or touch as well. When used to avoid linearly traveling projectiles far faster than oneself, this is called Aim Dodging.

Body Language Prediction: The ability to determine one's future actions based on microexpressions, the tensing of specific muscles, subtle changes in breathing, and the like. Characters using some kind of internal spiritual energy may have their future moves given away by changes in this too.

Behavioral Prediction: The ability to determine an opponent's future actions based on acculmulated knowledge of their past actions, habits, personality, and similar traits. What the Batman Gambit requires.
  • "I dodged his punch by immediately calculating the future path of his fist upon seeing his arm begin to accelerate." is Trajectory Prediction
  • "I dodged his punch by noticing how he stepped his foot back, and ducked out of the way of the area he was shifting his weight over." is Body Language Prediction
  • "I dodged his punch by realizing that he always goes for a straight with his right arm whenever he gets close enough to his opponents in past matches." is Behavioral Prediction
None of these kinds of Analytical Prediction, or "Precognition" involve seeing the Future- Trajectory and Body Language Prediction involve analyzing the Present, while Behavioral Prediction involves analyzing the Past- and having resistance to one doesn't necessarily meaning having resistance to the other two. Additionally, it's possible if not common for characters to utilize all three kinds of Analytical Prediction.

All of this nuance is lost in Analytical Prediction's current form- as a subtype of Precognition that isn't even properly listed on the page.

Last edited:
Alright fine since I guess I'm responsible for this-

Basically my argument for Analytical Prediction having it's own page was due to how while it was treated as a sub-type of Precognition, 1. It doesn't involve seeing the future so it just isn't Precognition, and 2. There are enough sub-types of Analytical Prediction to give it a page of it's own. Here are the types I can think of right off the bat-

Trajectory Prediction: The ability to extrapolate the future path of an object based on it's speed and direction relative to oneself, possibly even taking into account acceleration and/or curved paths. Usually reliant on eyesight, although this can be done with very acute hearing or touch as well. When used to avoid linearly traveling projectiles far faster than oneself, this is called Aim Dodging.

Body Language Prediction: The ability to determine one's future actions based on microexpressions, the tensing of specific muscles, subtle changes in breathing, and the like. Characters using kind of internal spiritual energy may have their future moves given away by changes in this too.

Behavioral Prediction: The ability to determine an opponent's future actions based on acculmulated knowledge of their past actions, habits, personality, and similar traits. What the Batman Gambit requires.
  • "I dodged his punch by immediately calculating the future path of his fist upon seeing his arm begin to accelerate." is Trajectory Prediction
  • "I dodged his punch by noticing how he stepped his foot back, and ducked out of the way of the area he was shifting his weight over." is Body Language Prediction
  • "I dodged his punch by realizing that he always goes for a straight with his right arm whenever he gets close enough to his opponents in past matches." is Behavioral Prediction
None of these kinds of Analytical Prediction, or "Precognition" involve seeing the Future- Trajectory and Body Language Prediction involve analyzing the Present, while Behavioral Prediction involves analying the Past- and having resistance to one doesn't necessarily meaning having resistance to the other two. Additionally, it's possible if not common for characters to utilize all three kinds of Analytical Prediction.

All of this nuance is lost in Analytical Prediction's current form- as a subtype of Precognition.
@Qawsedf234 @Flashlight237 @Promestein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back