• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer - Abilities downgrade

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet but there's quite a few abilities that are wanked and or outright reaching when it comes to the powers and abilities section of these characters.

First I'll start off with Tanjiro, for some odd reason he currently has Precognition on his profile whenever it should be Analytical Prediction instead. Precognition is more akin to temporal sight, mind reading, etc and Tanjiro obviously isn't doing any of those. He predicts moves via his enhanced sense of smell.

So the following should be removed from Tanjiro profile and simply replaced with Extrasensory Perception / Enhanced Senses and Analytical Prediction.

• Enhanced Smell and Clairvoyance (Can recognize and smell things normally impossible, such as the smell of the demon who killed his family years after the event or the intention of others. Can smell what kind of person someone is, their feelings and, to an extent, how strong they are)
Precognition (Can predict his opponent’s movements by smell.)

Gets turned into this. Extrasensory Perception, Enhanced Senses and Analytical Prediction (Can recognize and smell things normally impossible, such as the smell of the demon who killed his family years after the event or the intention of others. Can smell what kind of person someone is, their feelings and, to an extent, how strong they are. Can predict his opponent’s movements by smell.)

Next would be the abilities and resistances of Transparent World. Which are the following.

Perception Amplification, Information Analysis, Enhanced Sight, Analytical Prediction, and Enhanced Precognition with Transparent World (Transparent World makes his perception of time slow down and makes the user directly see their opponent's muscles, blood flow and movements which allows them to predict their next moves)

And resistance to to

Enhanced Senses, Precognition, Extrasensory Perception (With Transparent World, his intent becomes completely concealed and impossible to detect).

First off, again much like Tanjiro's "Precognition." it isn't a form of full blown Precognition but rather Analytical Prediction based on Muscle movement. Precognition needs to be removed from the abilities and resistances section, even using "Resistance to Analytical Prediction." is extremely generous given that said Resistance is based on Resistance to Extrasensory Perception as a whole.

First I'll start off with Tanjiro, for some odd reason he currently has Precognition on his profile whenever it should be Analytical Prediction instead. Precognition is more akin to temporal sight, mind reading, etc and Tanjiro obviously isn't doing any of those. He predicts moves via his enhanced sense of smell.
Shoot I mean at the end of the day Tanjiro still predicting other people's movements but if you wanna change the name to be more accurate then go off bro bro.
Perception Amplification, Information Analysis, Enhanced Sight, Analytical Prediction, and Enhanced Precognition with Transparent World (Transparent World makes his perception of time slow down and makes the user directly see their opponent's muscles, blood flow and movements which allows them to predict their next moves)
Ngl shoot I always thought that was mad weird why there was Precognition and Analytical Prediction in the same . I'm fine with taking that Precognition out. In fact shouldn't it be Enhanced Analytical Prediction since he's doing so much more than just being a K9 unit in battle lol?

Enhanced Senses, Precognition, Extrasensory Perception (With Transparent World, his intent becomes completely concealed and impossible to detect).

First off, again much like Tanjiro's "Precognition." it isn't a form of full blown Precognition but rather Analytical Prediction based on Muscle movement. Precognition needs to be removed from the abilities and resistances section, even using "Resistance to Analytical Prediction." is extremely generous given that said Resistance is based on Resistance to Extrasensory Perception as a whole.
I already made a CRT on this.

Changing Precognition to Analytical Prediction is fine. Extrasensory Perception is already listed on Tanjiro's profile and the ability to predict movements based on smell is acquired in the Post-Type Zero Training key.

Back