• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bungou Stray Dogs - Analytical prediction CRT (And some other stuff)

Ok this CRT is about upgrading and mabye giving layers to Analytical Prediction, So let's start;

In this scan says Akutagawa can predict opponents;

8oPEX3D.png

This gives Akutagawa Analytical prediction doesn't it?

This same Akutagawa was regurlaly thrashed by Dazai on a daily basis

z09VGVz.png
Bl0Ny1J.png
PKU8eV0.png

This is 1 layer of resistence to Analytical prediction correct?

But then, This same Dazai couldn't do anything against Chuuya even though he knows his timing, Habits and methods

Gu4OyZB.png
xoSpMvH.png
btAJMPr.png
j3kwwjE.png

This should give Chuuya 2 layers of resistence to Analytical prediction and Dazai too considering he is more skilled and more experienced than Chuuya

That's all for Analytical prediction, Let's talk about something else now;

Abilities to add;

Extrasensory Perception - (Dazai, Chuuya and Akutagawa should have the same ability has Mary who can sense bloodlust)

Attack reflection - (Kunikida can throw/deflect/Counter people easily, Dazai and Chuuya should scale to this level of martial arts)

Fukuchi Ouchi could also do the same with akutagawa and
Grabs Ryuunosuke and Atsushi, using Atsushi to hit Ryuunosuke, Though this should scale only to Dazai and Chuuya

Pressure points - (Kunikida can One shot people by kicking in their chin, Dazai and Chuuya should scale above to this level of martial arts)

Supernatural Willpower - (Laughs off torture and beatings from his former cohorts in Port Mafia and repeatedly fails to commit suicide with no long-lasting ill effects) I forgot to add this ability for Dazai

Tortures Dazai by chaining him to a wall and punching him several times

More feats for supernatural willpower

TL; DR

Akutagawa gets analytical predictions

Dazai gets his analytical prediction upgrade considering he upscales Akutagawa predictions by a mile and has 2 Layers of resistence to analytical prediction

Chuuya gets analytical prediction since he is far FAR more experienced and skilled than Akutagawa and has 2 Layers of resistence to analytical prediction

Staff agrees (3) - DarkDragonMedeus, Armorchompy, LephyrTheRevanchist

Staff disagrees (0) -

Staff neutral (2) - DarkDragonMedeus (Attack reflection), Armorchompy (Attack reflection) LephyrTheRevanchist (Attack reflection)

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Chuuya thing doesn't work because Dazai has never gone serious against him. Also, Chuuya is much faster than Dazai so even if Dazai has analytical prediction, Chuuya might still be better just off his other stats, but Dazai was still stated to be able to predict his moves.

But I agree with Akutagawa.

I am pretty sure Chuuya thing doesn't work because Dazai has never gone serious against him. Also, Chuuya is much faster than Dazai so even if Dazai has analytical prediction, Chuuya might still be better just off his other stats, but Dazai was still stated to be able to predict his moves.
Chuuya's increase in speed overpowered Dazai's analytical predictions, To my knowledge this is proof he can counter analytical prediction with speed alone

Chuuya's increase in speed overpowered Dazai's analytical predictions, To my knowledge this is proof he can counter analytical prediction with speed alone
Stats stomps don't grant resistances afaik, still you should ask staff. Count me as neutral for that and in agreement with for Akutagawa.

Ok this CRT is about upgrading and mabye giving layers to Analytical Prediction, So let's start;
See, here's the problem with it, Analytical Prediction doesn't have "layers", you can at best say it's more impressive if it's shown to trump similar abilities.

8oPEX3D.png
Just predicting attacks isn't AnPr. If I raise my hand to punch you and you try to duck, that's predicting an attack.
Gu4OyZB.png
xoSpMvH.png
btAJMPr.png
j3kwwjE.png

This should give Chuuya 2 layers of resistence to Analytical prediction and Dazai too considering he is more skilled and more experienced than Chuuya
The scans here clearly show that he isn't more skilled, given he's getting owned. He also explicitly doesn't resist the AnPr, given that Dazai does predict the moves.
Abilities to add;

Extrasensory Perception - (Dazai, Chuuya and Akutagawa should have the same ability has Mary who can sense bloodlust)
Why should they?
Attack reflection - (Kunikida can throw/deflect/Counter people easily, Dazai and Chuuya should scale to this level of martial arts)
These are just judo-esque throws, not really attack reflection.
Pressure points - (Kunikida can One shot people by kicking in their chin, Dazai and Chuuya should scale above to this level of martial arts)
Being more skilled than someone doesn't mean you can do everything they can.
Eh, maybe

See, here's the problem with it, Analytical Prediction doesn't have "layers", you can at best say it's more impressive if it's shown to trump similar abilities.
Really? I thought it existed, There is Jin Mori who has it, So i thought layers existed, But i'll apologize, I didn't know that
Just predicting attacks isn't AnPr. If I raise my hand to punch you and you try to duck, that's predicting an attack.
Akutagawa can predict the trajectories of bullet casually

Why should they?
Mary is a low tier who can clearly sense bloodlust showned in that scan

Moreover there is other characters who also have showned to have the ability to sense it, Such as Kyoka being able to hide it and impress her opponent who says she couldn't feel her killing intent obviously implying she couldn't feel her bloodlust

"Não senti nada vindo de você" means "I didn't feel anything from you"
These are just judo-esque throws, not really attack reflection.
There is one below these, Fukuchi uses Atsushi attack to attack Akutagawa

I think that counts as attack reflection, No?
Being more skilled than someone doesn't mean you can do everything they can.
It's not exagerated to say this considering he did something considered a spartan training and to his subordinates which produced fast results

Moreover he is the one who trained Akutagawa and possibly who teached him about the human body considering Dazai took him in the Mafia port when he was just a child mentally and didn't know how to fight nearly as well as he is today (obviously)

He also trained Atsushi with the same spartan training for fours years and a half

Eh, maybe
👍

The scans here clearly show that he isn't more skilled, given he's getting owned. He also explicitly doesn't resist the AnPr, given that Dazai does predict the moves.
This is just stats difference

Chuuya is just way faster and stronger than Dazai to the point he can overpower him via stats alone

This is just stats difference

Chuuya is just way faster and stronger than Dazai to the point he can overpower him via stats alone
Ok but nothing really shows he's superior in skill either, predicting someone doesn't necessarily imply that.
Uh, maybe yeah
Moreover there is other characters who also have showned to have the ability to sense it, Such as Kyoka being able to hide it and impress her opponent who says she couldn't feel her killing intent obviously implying she couldn't feel her bloodlust
Is this like, a universal thing is what your pushing for?
There is one below these, Fukuchi uses Atsushi attack to attack Akutagawa

I think that counts as attack reflection, No?
Not sure
It's not exagerated to say this considering he did something considered a spartan training and to his subordinates which produced fast results

Moreover he is the one who trained Akutagawa and possibly who teached him about the human body considering Dazai took him in the Mafia port when he was just a child mentally and didn't know how to fight nearly as well as he is today (obviously)

He also trained Atsushi with the same spartan training for fours years and a half
That makes sense then, if they share the same training

Ok but nothing really shows he's superior in skill either, predicting someone doesn't necessarily imply that.

Uh, maybe yeah

Is this like, a universal thing is what your pushing for?

Not sure

That makes sense then, if they share the same training
Can i put you on agree with everything else then?

If theres something you don't agree (Which i probably overlooked/Am too stupid to udnerstand please tell me right away)

I'm pushing this to notable people Such as Dazai, I don't know if this counts, As he is making Akutagawa feel like he was "Stabbed by a icicle in the stomach"
I dunno, might be Aura from the people with the bloodlust, or might be ESP, if it's the latter I'd say "possibly" for people who don't show it.

8oPEX3D.png

This gives Akutagawa Analytical prediction doesn't it?

This same Akutagawa was regurlaly thrashed by Dazai on a daily basis

z09VGVz.png
Bl0Ny1J.png
PKU8eV0.png

This is 1 layer of resistence to Analytical prediction correct?

But then, This same Dazai couldn't do anything against Chuuya even though he knows his timing, Habits and methods

Gu4OyZB.png
xoSpMvH.png
btAJMPr.png
j3kwwjE.png

That's all for Analytical prediction, Let's talk about something else now;

Abilities to add;

Fukuchi Ouchi could also do the same with akutagawa and
Grabs Ryuunosuke and Atsushi, using Atsushi to hit Ryuunosuke, Though this should scale only to Dazai and Chuuya

Supernatural Willpower - (Laughs off torture and beatings from his former cohorts in Port Mafia and repeatedly fails to commit suicide with no long-lasting ill effects) I forgot to add this ability for Dazai

Tortures Dazai by chaining him to a wall and punching him several times

More feats for supernatural willpower

TL; DR

Akutagawa gets analytical predictions

Dazai gets his analytical prediction upgrade considering he upscales Akutagawa predictions by a mile and has 2 Layers of resistence to analytical prediction

Chuuya gets analytical prediction since he is far FAR more experienced and skilled than Akutagawa and has 2 Layers of resistence to analytical prediction

Staff agrees (3) - DarkDragonMedeus (Only supernatural willpower), Armorchompy, LephyrTheRevanchist (Only supernatural willpower)

Staff disagrees (2) - LephyrTheRevanchist (Everything else),DarkDragonMedeus (Everything else)

Staff neutral (0) -
I only watched the anime so I will comment on what I saw in the anime. First of all, I agree with Akutagawa's analytical insight. In the anime, we see Akutagawa's predictions come true many times. This will be enough. I also agree with the 1 layer resistance. He is also against Akutagawa Dazai, as he has known Dazai for years and received training from him. In a serious battle, he is capable of understanding their plans and being able to resist at least a little. Secondly, as you said, Dazai knows everything about Chuuya, but Dazai does not hit Chuuya on purpose. Thanks to his ability, he can avoid Chuuya's gravity manipulation and his physical endurance is superior in terms of durability. We can add to this the blows he received from Lovecraft. The Lovecraft Coup is a few episodes away. It happens later, but I don't think Dazai gets a physical upgrade during this period. Akutagawa must take at least 1 resistance, while Chuuya must take a maximum of 2 resistances. It can be entered as "Possibly". and if i were to give a specific conclusion i would agree

I only watched the anime so I will comment on what I saw in the anime. First of all, I agree with Akutagawa's analytical insight. In the anime, we see Akutagawa's predictions come true many times. This will be enough. I also agree with the 1 layer resistance. He is also against Akutagawa Dazai, as he has known Dazai for years and received training from him. In a serious battle, he is capable of understanding their plans and being able to resist at least a little. Secondly, as you said, Dazai knows everything about Chuuya, but Dazai does not hit Chuuya on purpose. Thanks to his ability, he can avoid Chuuya's gravity manipulation and his physical endurance is superior in terms of durability. We can add to this the blows he received from Lovecraft. The Lovecraft Coup is a few episodes away. It happens later, but I don't think Dazai gets a physical upgrade during this period. Akutagawa must take at least 1 resistance, while Chuuya must take a maximum of 2 resistances. It can be entered as "Possibly". and if i were to give a specific conclusion i would agree
The problem is that Armor said, There is no such thing as layers to analytical predictions ;-;

I said layers because Jin mori had them, So i thought i could apply them too

The problem is that Armor said, There is no such thing as layers to analytical predictions ;-;

I said layers because Jin mori had them, So i thought i could apply them too
I'm still not very good at hax, at least as an argument it can be said that he can deal with people who are not as smart as Dazai.

Bungou Stray Dogs, the new Tokyo Revengers??
No, not going to happen. The Mikey vs Dazai thread got closed for good. We still need to work a lot on the verse pages and profiles. The better thing is that even though BSD is set in a world of criminals and somehow promotes violence, it is still based on many principles of life and is more of a psychological thing. It is basically Akame Ga Kill and Death Note combined.

I agree with Akutagawa having Analytical Prediction though, post of the characters can do aim dodging and stuff, making the bullets powerless in the world, and this was said by Akutagawa himself. He is able to both predict and dodge bullets.

Erm. How is this predicting bullets exactly? The verse has High Hypersonic speeds lmao. These bullets should be pretty easy to block without AnPr.

Edit: I'l just point this out and leave. Don't wanna get involved with this verse again as I think i already got involved with it too much through that spite matchup thread.

48H have passed

Lephyr and DarkDragon had the same opinion as ArmorChompy who now agrees with the additions but isn't sure about Attack reflection

How do we proceed from here?

Yeah, I'm not sure if that counts as attack reflection. I know passive abilities that cause attacks to backfire is, and it's possible for a melee attack that repels and attack back at the enemy can be. But hard to judge.

In this case, if Armor agrees with some of the other stuff, I do too then.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that counts as attack reflection. I know passive abilities that cause attacks to backfire is, and it's possible for a melee attack that repels and attack back at the enemy can be. But hard to judge.

In this case, if Armor agrees with some of the other stuff, I do too then.
Alright then

Do i wait for Lephyr or can i add everything else?

And put a possibly rating on attack reflection? Or not add it at all?

Back