• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Assassin Fights Death Itself (Assassin EMIYA vs Pale Rider)

Schnee One said:
No like how does Emiya even effect him
EMIYA attacks with his Origins of Severing and Binding. Since he is attacking with a conceptual armament, he is able to harm Type 1 Abstracts and other conceptual entities

Doesn't this just depend on in Pale Rider can infect/"kill" EMIYA to get them into the bounded field?

Not all too clear on how it works.

EMIYA attacks with his Origins of Severing and Binding. Since he is attacking with a conceptual armament, he is able to harm Type 1 Abstracts and other conceptual entities

Wait conceptual weaponry gives you the ability to hit abstracts?

So I know his gun is always on for that, but his knife seems to only do what his bullets do when releasing the true name.

How does Pale Rider kill? Infecting EMIYA or luring him into the bounded field, yeah? Pale Rider's capabilites outside of the bounded field don't seem very well specified,

After releasing its True Name, Phantasm Punishment causes his attacks to actualize his Origins within his target to cripple them. They don't leave physical wounds, but the affected body part is lost to necrosis,

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what this does then, but it doesn't sound like it.

Still, Kerry should take it simply because of Origin Bullets, no? AFAIK Pale Rider cannot infect him given he's not living, and his bio/llife manip, and that means Pale Rider has to curse him. But if Gilgamesh and Enkidu fear it, how strong is the curse? How does he apply the curse? I don't see that other than contagion, which again, shouldn't affect Kerry because of what I said.

Then again a servant with no ability to harm other servants probably wouldn't be summoned, so I feel like he should. If he can't attack/harm, Kerry should win 10/10. If he can, Pale Rider probably wins. How we works is still confusing as ****, though so don't count that a vote.

I did say the proof goes both ways. Look at the quote on his Bond Craft Essence. He makes reference to the knife being his Origin itself, and that he is always attacking with it [his origin]. I was more saying it was inconsistent, and that it can be argued both ways

His curses and diseases are able to harm servants, and his curses are undeniably superior to curses like Gandr that have been repeatedly shown able to harm servants. His higher end curses are able to kill True Form enkidu as well. I hope this context can help you cast a vote

I see, think I'm going to stick with Kerry like, 5.1/10 times here. I forgot about his supernatural luck, and I'd think that would protect him from getting cursed, thus nullifying Pale Rider's only method of attack doesn't seem to be 100% direct and needs to be directed by disease. If it's direct I switch to Pale Rider.

Regardless, assuming Kerry does NOT die, or whatever wacky shenanigans go on in the Pale Rider world, and he uses his Origin Bullet/knife there, it owuld cut the magic and **** up Pale Rider. Even outside of it, I rate Kerry's chances of getting Pale Rider to eat a bullet decently high.

So I guess I'll vote for Kerry, unless the curses do seem to be direct which I'm getting the impression they're not.

Also wouldnt Rider use this,

"Contagion: The Skill of expanding one's territory by splitting itself into viruses and bacterias, then infecting other lifeforms. The infected have their body and mind under its control, and the mind is dragged into the world created by its Noble Phantasm, although it is able to physically draw them in as well. Sometimes it also absorbs mana and other things from them."

It seems to be its main form of "attack" when outside the Boundary Field and when it uses this it basically becomes the diseases making its extremely small (can even be small size Type 4) which would make it extremely hard for Kerry to notice let alone attack and if hes infected by it then it seems like its game over for Kerry.

Back