• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamen Rider Mirror Worlds revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction​

The Mirror World of Kamen Rider Ryuki is a different world mirrored by our reality. The Mirror World is a left-to-right mirror-flipped copy of the real world, devoid of people and with all text read backwards, similar to the reflection in a mirror. There have been several attempts to contextualize the size of Mirror World in the past, but they have all come up unsuccessful. This time, we have gathered more evidence and scans to give a better explanation of the Mirror World.
Also big thanks to @Jamesthetaker help me prepare the thread.

Canoncity of Ryuki​

First thing first, I need to note that the Kamen Rider Ryuki canon has several different timelines and stories, other than the TV series. This brings us to the movie specials: 13 Riders, Episode Final, and the novel adaption. There is also the S.I.C Hero Saga, but it's more like a what-if story so I will only use it as supportive evidence.

The main question here is how they are all connected. Well, the answer is quite simple: Time Vent, a power that could manipulate time to change history to one's liking.

Scan
[タイムベント] 時間操作
時間を思いのままに操ることができる奇跡のカード。優衣の心が離れてしまったことにショックを受けた神崎士郎は、オーディンの″タイム ベント″のカードを使って、歴史をわずかに修正させたのだ。 =========================================================================================================== TRANSLATION

[Time Vent] Time Manipulation
A miraculous card that allows you to manipulate time as you wish. Shocked that Yui's heart had left her, Shiro Kanzaki used Odin's [Time Vent] card to slightly modify history.

Scan
■説明
仮面ライダーオーディンが所持するアドベントカードのひとつ。
各種召喚機に読み込ませることで、時間を思いのままに操ることができる。
ライダーバトルの行方を望む方向へ進めるため、神崎士郎がこのアドベントカードを利用し、時間を逆行させていた。
結果、幾度もライダーバトルが繰り返されることとなる。 =========================================================================================================== TRANSLATION

■Explanation
One of the Advent cards possessed by Kamen Rider Odin.
By loading it into various summoning machines, you can manipulate time as you wish.
Shiro Kanzaki used this advent card to reverse time in order to advance the rider battle in the desired direction.
As a result, the rider battle will be repeated many times.

Kamen Rider Odin has used this power to change the timeline multiple times in order to achieve the desired outcome. The special ending is revealed to be the result of Odin's resetting the timeline.
Scan
この二つの物語は、それぞれTV版とは異なる 結末を持つが、「仮面ライダー龍騎」という作品自体が、時間を操る仮面ライダーオーディンの「タ イムベント」により、幾度もやり直され、結果、 いくつもの結末を持つ物語となったために、それらすべてが「仮面ライダー龍騎」の物語として認められ得たものとなっている。
=========================================================================================================== TRANSLATION

These two stories each have a different ending from the TV version, but the work "Kamen Rider Ryuki" itself has been redone many times by Kamen Rider Odin's "Time Vent", which manipulates time to result in multiple-ending stories. All of them can be recognized as the story of "Kamen Rider Ryuki".

Scan
士郎によって歴史は何度も繰り返されていた!?
ミラーワールドが消滅し、すべてが崩壊。しかし優衣の最後の願いが通じ、士郎によって新しい歴史がもたらされた。だが、様ぎまな情報を検証していくと、歴史は既に何度も繰り返されていたという驚くべき仮説が導き出されるのだ。

ある記録によれば、ライダーたらの戦いは少なくとも3度繰り返されていることになる。今回蓮が最後に生き残った戦いの歴史とは別に、2度、それぞれ少しずつ流れの異なる戦いがあったのだ。一度は、蓮、真司が生き残るも優衣が手首を切って自ら命を絶ってしまうという歴史。そしてもうー度は、蓮が戦いの途中で命を落とし、彼に代わって真司がナイトに変身、戦いを続ける歴史だった。しかし、いずれも真実を知った優衣が、新しい命〃を拒んだため、すべては無効となってしまった。
その度に士郎は新たな歴史をスタートさせ、戦いをやり直していたのだ。さらに士郎は破れた絵を修復するためにオーディンのタイムベントを発動させたように、他にも細かな歴史の修正も行っていたようだ。士郎がアメリカで行った実験で死亡した記録が残されているにも関わらず、同時期に日本で存在が確認されているのも、修正によって生じたじた歪みのようなものであったと思われる。たが、士郎にも変えることのできない流れもあるようだ。偶然と思われた、戦いを止めようとする真司の参入は、実は士郎にとって歓迎できない、しかし変えることのできない必然だったのではないだろうか。
蓮が生き残った今回の戦いでも、士郎は最後に、“お前は…きっと拒む…。拒み続ける…また、だめなのか、優衣、また......”という言葉を残し、そして新たな歴史をスタートさせている。それは、優衣の願いが叶った、戦いのない、みんなが幸せに暮らす世界だった。しかし、そこに成長した優衣はいない...。
一本、士郎によってどれだけの歴史が繰り返され、修正が行われたのか、その全貌が明らかにされるには、まだまだ時間が必要なようだ...
▲士郎は優衣に命を与えることを断念。
◀流れの異なる戦いの歴史が繰り返された…...。
========================================================================================================== TRANSLATION

History was repeated many times by Shiro !?
The mirror world disappears and everything collapses. However, Yui's last wish came true, and Shiro brought a new history. However, examining various information leads to the surprising hypothesis that history has already been repeated many times.

According to one record, the rider's battle has been repeated at least three times. Apart from the history of the last battle that Ren survived this time, there were two battles with slightly different flows. Once, Ren and Shinji survive, but Yui cuts her wrist and kills herself. And again, it was a history that Ren died in the middle of the battle, and Shinji transformed into Knight replace him and continued the battle. However, all of them became invalid because Yui, who knew the truth, refused her new life.
Every time, Shiro started a new history and started the battle again. In addition, Shiro seems to have made other minor historical revisions, such as invoking Odin's Time Vent to repair a torn painting. Despite the fact that Shiro died in an experiment conducted in the United States, it seems that he was confirmed to exist in Japan at the same time was like the distortion caused by the modification. However, there seems to be a flow that Shiro cannot change. Shinji's entry to stop the battle, which seemed to be a coincidence, was actually unwelcome to Shiro, but it was inevitable that he could not change. In the battle where Ren survived, Shiro finally left behind the words, "You ... would surely refuse it...You would continue to refuse it...It is hopeless again,Yui?!Again?...", and a new history has started. It was a world where Yui's wishes came true, there was no battle, and everyone lived happily. However, there is no Yui who has grown up there ...
It seems that it will take more time to clarify the whole picture of how much history was repeated and corrected by Shiro...

▲Shiro gives up giving life to Yui.
◀The history of battles with different flows was repeated ...

Not only that, but we also get a statement from Yasuko Kobayashi, one of the main writers of Kamen Rider Ryuki, claiming the special, movie, and TV series are connected to each other.

Scan
ー小林さんの中では、映画、TVス ペシャルとTVシリーズの整合性はあ るのですか?
小林「一応あるんですけど」
武部「その辺はみなさんで考えてもら った方が、小林さんが語るとオフィシャルになってしまうし」
=========================================================================================================== TRANSLATION

---Does Kobayashi-san think there's any consistency between the movie, TV special, and the TV series?
Kobayashi: Pretty much, yes.
Takebe: I think everyone should think about this by themselves. If Kobayashi-san answers that question, it could become official

Now come to the novel adaption of Kamen Rider Ryuki. It is being written by Toshiki Inoue, one of the main writers of Kamen Rider Ryuki. Inoue uses details from the 13 Riders special and the Episode Final movie, as in this particular scan:

Scan
龍騎とナイトはミラーワールドで対峙していた。
今日のミラーワールドに星はない。ただ、傷口のような新月だけがふたりの頭上にかかっている。
色濃い間のせいで周囲の風景はなにも見えない。
ただ、龍騎とナイトの仮面だけが淡い月の光を受けてぽうと間に浮かんでいる。
(やっぱりやるのかよ)
(ああ)
龍騎が訊ね、ナイトが答える。
(もう願いは叶わないんだぞ)
優衣が身を投げた直後の異変をふたりは忘れることができない。
あの時、この世に存在するすべての鏡に黒い影が現れて絶叫を上げた。
聞く者の魂をねじり上げるような悲鳴だった。
その、自らが発した叫びに飲み込まれるように影はぐにゃりと歪んで消滅した。影は、死んだのだ。
(いや、叶うさ)
(なんでだよ。契約者バトルを仕組んだ奴は死んだんだぞ)
(じゃあ、なぜおれたちは変身できる? なぜミラーワールドが存在する?)
(それは......わからないけど)
(勝った者が欲しいものを手に入れる。それがミラーワールドの法則だからだ。優衣の兄は主催者じゃない。ただの解説者に過ぎなかった。考えてもみろ、現実世界だってみんな自分の欲のために戦っている。他人を蹴落として夢を叶える。わかるか? 人間はみんな契約者なんだよ。ミラーワールドもそれと同じだ。現実の法則を映しているに過ぎん。だから願いは叶う。それが自然なことなんだ)
{Ryuki and Knight were facing each other in Mirror World.
There are no stars in Mirror World today. Only a new moon, like a wound, hung over their heads.
The dark intervening space made it impossible to see anything in the surrounding landscape.
Only the masks of the dragon riders and the knight float in the pale moonlight.
(You're going to do it after all, aren't you?)
(Oh, yeah...)
Ryuki asks, and Knight replies.
(Your wish won't come true anymore, you know.)
The two cannot forget the strange incident that occurred immediately after Yui threw herself into the water.
At that time, a black shadow appeared on every mirror in the world and screamed out.
It was a scream that would twist the soul of anyone who heard it.
As if swallowed by the scream it uttered, the shadow warped and vanished. The shadow was dead.

(No, it will come true.)
(Why? The one who initiated the contractor battle is dead.)
(Then how can we still able to transform? How does the Mirror World still exist?)
(That's ...... I don't know.)
(The person who wins will get what they wish for. That’s the rule of the Mirror World. Yui’s brother must’ve not been the originator of this place. He was merely explaining it to us.. Think about it. Here is just like the real world. Day after day, we kick others down to achieve our dreams. Do you understand?We are all contractors. The mirror world is no different. It is just a reflection of the laws of reality. That's why wishes come true. That’s just how things work.)}

It's a direct reference to this scene in the Episode Final where Shiro Kanzaki has gone mad, his reflections start to appear on every mirror, and then he dies.

From all of these, we could come to the conclusion that all the specials, movies, TV series, and even the novel are connected in one way or another due to Odin's reseting the timeline. With that canon being explained, we can go to the next part.

Mirror World​

This will be the part where we deal with how Mirror World works. To start it off, we get this statement from the 13 Riders special.
This statement seems to imply that Mirror World is a 2-A structure, but this can be explained scientifically. Now, if you try to put two mirrors facing each other, the two parallel reflective surfaces bounce a beam of light back and forth for an indefinite amount of time, thus creating an infinity number of reflections. Realistically, only the reflections in the mirrors are infinite.

Does that mean the statement is invalid? It is not, so I want you to note it down because it will be important later.

As I have said before, the Mirror World is a reflection space of the real world. In the novel, the Mirror World is stated to contain a starry sky, constellations, and the sea.

Scan
Everything was flipped right from left in that world.

This was most easily observed from the many advertisements and road signs that decorated the city. All the letters and numbers would be inverted.

If anyone were to encounter their loved one within this world, there would be no doubt that they’d instantly feel that something was off about them. The mole positions would be reversed. The hairstyle would be flipped horizontally. The shape of their smiling lips wouldn’t be quite right either.

It wouldn’t be the face of their loved one. If anything, it would be their death mask.

Even the stars would be flipped horizontally. All the constellations would have their sides reversed. That is why you must not look up at the stars in the sky there. You must not determine your position using the stars. You would most definitely lose your way.

Scan
I cried for a long time that night, before running out of my aunt’s house. I went to the abandoned amusement park.
If I went to the Hall of Mirrors, I’d be able to meet him again, for sure. There was no way he was dead.
He would still be in the study room, reading. The amusement park was gone when I arrived, leaving a wasteland in it’s wake.
The hall of mirrors was gone. The only thing left of it was a single small mirror. I talked into it, in search of him.
“Come out, big brother! You’re a liar! You said you’d stay by my side!”
I don’t know how long I stayed there.
The sun and moon set several times over until , one night, my reflection in the mirror suddenly changed to that of my brother.
I fell into the mirror.
There, in a world with a starry sky and a wide waveless sea, I found him.

Scan
The mirror world does not always accurately reflect reality.
The proof is that there is no shadow of a person, and the sky is always clear.
At night, countless stars shine mysteriously like madness.
In the real world, all the constellations that appear in each season are always intertwined and shining in the mirror world.
Takeshi Asakura appeared from the direction of Scorpio. Already transformed into Masked Contractor Ouja, his appearance resembles a cobra with its neck raised to intimidate his enemies.
The king snake rattled his neck and finger bones as he slowly approached his prey ahead.
In order to feed his contracted monster, Raia, the Masked Contractor who defeated the mirror monster, read his fate in the night sky and trembled.
Because his star, which he finally found among his intricate stars, fell.
Ouja slammed a drill-shaped sword - Venosaber at Laia who turned around.
Raia immediately jumped back and countered with Evil Whip.
The whip-shaped weapon stretches out and wraps around the Ouja's neck.

Scan
If it was a mirror monster, this blow would have been so powerful that its head would be torn off. However, Ouja is laughing without moving.
(Kuku...you smell like feces)
Raia instantly formed a strategy in his head. At this rate, I draw Ouja and cut off his head with my other weapon—Evil Visor.
When Raia put his strength into it, Ouja used that power to plunge his head into his bosom. Ouja's Venosaber penetrates Raia's abdomen.
(Venosnaker!)
In response to the call, a contract monster, Venosnaker, appears from behind the jumping king snake. A giant serpentine Venosnaker spewed purple venom from its bright red mouth.
(Bake rush!)
That was the name of Ouja's special move. Riding a torrent of toxic liquid like a waterfall, King Snake's kick crushes Laia's body.
Running over to the sprawled Raia, Ouja ripped his intestines out of his ripped belly and threw it out.
(Eat!)
Venosnaker swallowed the intestines that flew up into the starry sky in one bite and disappeared.
(Hey, what are you doing, you)

In the interview with Shinichiro Shirakura, one of the producers of Kamen Rider Ryuki, he claims Mirror World is a different world/reality.

Scan
-----ミラーワールドを設定した理由は?
白倉「これまでも「宇宙刑事」シリーズや「ビーファイターカブト」などでもやってきたんですけど、バトルフィールドというのは面白い素材ですからね。今回狙っているのは、異世界のようで現実でもある世界。
===========================================================================================================
TRANSLATION

-----Why did you set up mirror world?
Shirakura: "We have done this in the past with the "Space Sheriff" series and "B-Fighter Kabuto" but the battlefield is an interesting material. What we are aiming for this time is a different world and also another reality.

This means that the Mirror World is effectively the same size as our reality. That is not all, however. The novel itself uses a similar idea of infinity reflection as 13 Rider but they expand it further.

Scan
It was the "Labyrinth of Mirrors".
My brother held my hand, turned on the flashlight, and took me through the mirror corridor.
After a short walk, we came to a hall.
The floor, ceiling, and walls were all made of mirrors.
There was a stack of difficult books in the corner, and I imagined that this was my brother's study room.
I imagined that this was my brother's study room.
"Do you know, Yui" my brother said.
When my brother spoke, the others in the mirror also spoke with him.
The truth of the mirror.
Inside a mirror is another mirror, then inside that mirror yet another mirror, just like that the mirrors continues infinitely continously reflecting the worlds.
However, If you cross through countless mirrors, descending to the bottom of the bottom of the mirrors, you would find the world changes little by little.
Yui probably threw a stone into the lake, the ripples spread across the surface of the water, reapeatedly and continously warps the scenery in the the said surface.
The same could be said to this situation, however, the worlds inside the mirrors are not just reflections, they are different realities.

Scan
I already told you about this, Yui. Each of the worlds that infinitely reflected by the mirrors are little different to each other. I will lead the victor of the battle to their desired world. That world become the said victor's reality

Scan
This man must have worn himself out little by little as he traveled through the infinite worlds of mirrors. While experiencing tremendous pain. It's probably because of Yui.

In the scans, it was said that the reflections inside mirrors are actually different realities. This means that when they travel through the reflections, they are effectively traveling to another world. These scans corroborate the statement from the beginning that the reflections extend infinitely, thus creating infinite worlds of mirrors.

As I've said above, there is the S.I.C Hero Saga, which has more questionable canon to the timeline, but given the confirmation of an alternate world in Ryuki, it's possible to assume this was another reality taking place inside Mirror World.

Scan
Ouja VS Odin.
This is the final battle of the Battle Royale. It is said that any wish of the winner can be fulfilled. Odin's hope is the life of Yui Kanzaki. On the other hand, Ouja's wish is a rider battle that lasts forever.
In fact, the wishes of Ouja have already been granted by Odin. Ouja = Takeshi Asakura himself is not aware of this, but in parallel worlds, Rider Battle seems to be an infinite chain of events. Maybe it's proof that Asakura won the Battle Royale in some parallel space...

This scan stated that the infinite chain of Rider Battles happened across parallel space, which means the battles always continue out there in endless worlds.

TL;DR​

The canons of Kamen Rider Ryuki are connected by Odin's Time Vent. The specials, movies, TV series, and novel endings are the result of Odin reseting the timeline to achieve a desired outcome. This is further supported by the writers of Kamen Rider Ryuki, who believe there is consistency among them.

The Mirror World is a reflection space of the real world, which has countless stars, constellations, and the sea. Inside the infinite reflections of Mirror World are an infinite number of worlds. Since the Mirror World is supposed to be a mirror-flipped version of our world, this proves that infinite worlds also exist in the real world.

Last edited:
Side note. Ex-Aid also calls back to Ryuki and Episode Final.

The main thing I would like to know (before I say anything else) is how does this change our Kamen Rider content?

The main thing I would like to know (before I say anything else) is how does this change our Kamen Rider content?
Nothing much, it's just to proof that kamen rider multiverse is already 2-A without scaling to Sentai multiverse

I mean, we already have it at 1-C, but I understand what you're saying

Time Vent's had its AP rating removed back during some older revisions

This can improve the AP of the existing 2-A folks and future ones. If this goes through the 2-As would be Infinity x Infinity x Countless

This can improve the AP of the existing 2-A folks and future ones. If this goes through the 2-As would be Infinity x Infinity x Countless
Likely the range as well, since folks like Time Jacker can't invade the Mirror World by themselves, despite having traveled through time and dimensions before.

Hold on, then it's redundant for making this thread, no?
It’s to upgrade the lower god tiers of the verse. As what Ixa pointed out, the baseline multiverse would now be Infinity X Infinity X Countless. Although, the countless part is only when Zi-O appears.

I guess this is fine. I can't comment on how it effects the verse in other ways besides cosmology since I don't know the verse to well but this seems fine.

This wouldn't affect much besides range I guess. But good job on the find.

i think mirror world have it own timeline. Kanzaki brother have reset the FINAL EPISODE timeline in the end of tv series create a world without mirror world but yet the mirror world from that timeline still exist
(i have added new scans to it)
Scan
According to one record, the rider's battle has been repeated at least three times. Apart from the history of the last battle that Ren survived this time, there were two battles with slightly different flows.
Scan
However, If you cross through countless mirrors, descending to the bottom of the bottom of the mirrors, you would find the world changes little by little.
Scan
I already told you about this, Yui. Each of the worlds that infinitely reflected by the mirrors are little different to each other. I will lead the victor of the battle to their desired world. That world become the said victor's reality
Scan
This man must have worn himself out little by little as he traveled through the infinite worlds of mirrors. While experiencing tremendous pain. It's probably because of Yui's sake.
In here we can find one in common is the realities, timelines are slightly different which possibily mean those realities is actually different timelines. This also used in Rider time Decade vs Zi-O, where Ohma Zi-O trapped in dimensional hall of mirror world and it connect to countless dimensions or timelines (Sorry for replying this late)

Last edited:
Ok since there are two staff agree and firestorm doesn't reply i'll wait 1 day more for his reply then i'll ask Oven to close thread

Sorry. I have been busy as of late.

If you are saying that the mirror and human world are two separate timelines, are you suggesting that Kamen Rider Odin can rewind 2 timelines at once?

Yeah it is possibiy, according to Shirakura Kanzaki has reset FINAL EPISODE at the end of TV version(Tv series), they are both different timelines so it can said that Odin time vent can effect more than just one timeline at once
Rx9pCKQ.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry. I have been busy as of late.

If you are saying that the mirror and human world are two separate timelines, are you suggesting that Kamen Rider Odin can rewind 2 timelines at once?
I think it's more like when Odin reset the timeline, it coincidentally created another world in Mirror World as well.
Scan
As this evidence points out, Odin reset one timeline to create another one.

If they are separate timelines, I would like to know how the visual representation of the branching timelines is supposed to be with people crossing over between the Mirror and Human world along with the resets.

If the Human and Mirror World were just 2 separate 3-D realms on the same timeline, I can't imagine any complications with the resets and the branching.

Still reading through the info to confirm one or the other.

You could say that some of the mirrors in the mirror dimensions are paths to the other branching timelines.

Last edited:
If they are separate timelines, I would like to know how the visual representation of the branching timelines is supposed to be with people crossing over between the Mirror and Human world along with the resets.
Unfortunately, there is not much visual representation of the Mirror World. Maybe I could try to make a drawn representation of it, but I'm really bad at drawing.
If the Human and Mirror World were just 2 separate 3-D realms on the same timeline, I can't imagine any complications with the resets and the branching.

Still reading through the info to confirm one or the other.

You could say that some of the mirrors in the mirror dimensions are paths to the other branching timelines.
Possibly since Mirror World is supposedly the mirrored version of our world.

Ok sorry for replying late again i kinda busy. I'll try to explain the mirror world stuff and the time vent from everything i know.
1, About Time Vent:
Mirror world was first figure out by the ancient alchemist, they use it to travel through infinite realities/timelines/dimensions. Shiro also figures this out and travel through infinite worlds to find a realities where Yui live but none of them suit Yui so he organizes Rider Battle to find a strong life energy from a rider that wins the Battle to Yui. In addition he stands inside Mirror World use Time Vent to reverse time or slightly modify the history leading the battle to the outcome he wants but Yui refuses the life over and over again. So for short Mirror World has infinite timelines but none suits Yui so Shiro Kanzaki uses Time Vent to manage the Rider Battle outcome plus creating more timelines
2, Realities in Mirror
Scan
Inside a mirror is another mirror, then inside that mirror yet another mirror, just like that the mirrors continues infinitely continously reflecting the worlds.
Yui probably threw a stone into the lake, the ripples spread across the surface of the water, reapeatedly and continously warps the scenery in the the said surface.
The same could be said to this situation, however, the worlds inside the mirrors are not just reflections, they are different realities.
Scan
Scan
This man must have worn himself out little by little as he traveled through the infinite worlds of mirrors. While experiencing tremendous pain. It's probably because of Yui.
So in the novel, it already said that there are infinite realities inside mirror, this is more extended in Rider Time Decade vs Zi-O, Ohma Zi-O trapped in Dimensional Hall of Mirror World (which it's stated to be gap between dimensions or space-time[時空]) because he use to much power, in order to regain lost power he drags people from different timelines/dimensions/realities inside mirror to death mansion-an entrance of space-time gap as sacrifices so he can escape. So from this we can said that worlds inside mirror is different timelines,realities,dimensions and also seperate space-time continums

Last edited:
Are we treating the Mirror World as the bridge to other alternate human worlds or there being alternate Mirror worlds as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back