• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amon Downgrade (StarCraft)

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Amo. One of my OG profiles. Oh well, I can't be bias here; let's get to the downgrade. Thanks to Not Jim Sterling for bringing this up.

I believe at some point in time the description for being Galaxy level was just to "destroy every star in the galaxy." Whether or not this was true at one point, it no longer holds water, since that description is gone and the only way to be Galaxy level is to truly destroy the entire galaxy with a blast large enough to wipe out everything.

Alarak stated that Amon's body would be harder to destroy than all the stars in the Galaxy. While I do believe this isn't hyperbole, this isn't Galaxy, this is solidly within Solar System level (good lord the margin between SS and MSS is staggering...).

Hybrid Amon still has his feats, True Amon has his feat and numerous statements, so they don't move. Thoughts on this?

Well, it would still be a High 4-C statement (4-B if neutron stars count as stars)

If he is destroying stars one at a time, he would be blowing up some big enough to be High 4-C

I thought that was the reason for the downgrade? If he is doing it in one shot, it's 3-C because it's a galaxy-sized explosion

We just combine the power of every stars in the galaxy, so about 200-400 billions stars to get the solar sytem level since you only need around 3.5K times the energy than our own sun energy to past the Tier High 4-C.

It's done trough some kind of hax or what? Because if it's done trough a regular attack, it would logically need to engulf the entire galaxy, which leads to 3-C.

If he is absorbing them or something, iirc it's 4-A.

If he is destroying them one by one High 4-C

It's just statement, which can be a problem. Btw the protoss doesnt have the tech or way to destroy an actual stars as they need the Xel'naga tech to generate High 5-A energy.

Alarak was the one who stated it. It seems to mean that more raw power would be needed to kill Amon than what it would take to destroy all stars in the galaxy. If talking about raw power alone, it would be 4-B. If talking about a blast that needed to engulf the entire galaxy to perform the feat, it would be 3-C.

It is never brought up specifically and gives us the range of 4-C to 3-C. All we currently know is that an ancient Xel'naga artifact was able to produce High 5-A energy, and that the Xel'naga themselves are vastly superior to their old creations.

I am fine with changing the statistics to 4-B instead.

At least High 5-A, likely 4-B. He has no reason to have possibly far higher stats due to absurd margin between SS and MSS and it's only based on statement alone.

Also alarak say It would be easier to destroy every star in the galaxy and not to destroy the galaxy which can be used as proof that amon is galaxy level.

Amon's profile is really off now. The format is broken. I looked at the editor but I am not sure what is wrong; it would be great if we could revert Amon back to a previous edit and then make the adjustment from there. At the moment I am not sure what is happening with his page.

Wouldn't his first key just be Multi-Continent level? I don't think the Small Island level is necessary given that Kerrigan's feat is High 6-A. Anyway, I could try to fix the profile; their may have just been a apostrophe mark in the wrong place.

Back