• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Altair (Re:Creators) Question and Discussion

So, I just read the page on the Omniverse on here, and I thought about Altair from Re:Creators. I know that VS Wiki has her as Low 7-C/Low 2-C, but I want to ask: Would it be possible for her to be on an omniversal level?

One of her abilities is to remove the plot point of a story, and she can create her own story with ease. Therefore, couldn't she remove all multiverses in an omniversal setting as the plot point, and create her own story and verse at the same time?

I dunno, just thought that it would be interesting to think about, that's all.

Definitely not.

There is no "omniverse" rating on any profile.

In addition, Altair is still a fictional character. She can draw fictional characters out of a fictional work inside of a fictional work, but there's no indication that she'd be able to interact with characters outside of RE:Creators, let's say, The Presence.

Ok, that makes sense. I would just think that with how her character is built, she could be placed into any story and have it work. The main reason why I say that is because before being pulled into the real world, each character Altair interacted with in their respective worlds thought that Altair was a part of said world.

So therefore, couldn't she conceivably place herself into any story without consequences? Not that it would affect the omniversal thing, I just thought that that would be something to think about.

@Jedial

She can place herself into any story in her own verse. She has never interacted with other fictional canons outside of those provided in Re:Creators.

Unless she's later shown the ability to force a crossover between Re:Creators and other fictional works like Naruto or Bleach, she's staying where she is.

Ah, ok.

It would be cool if she could do that. And with how she is, I think it would make for an interesting story for any show, manga, comic, etc.

@Jedialex

The fact that Sirius came damn close to beating her proves that she's far from nigh-omnipotent.

Sirius was an incomplete copy of Altair, so basically the fact that Altair almost loses makes sense. If she has to fight against herself, then things are going to go bad for whoever gets off the ability and plot changes last. Plus, Altair says that the longer the fight goes on, the stronger she gets. Against Sirius, it was like a minute at most, and Sirius immediately tried to take over Altair's existence, but it didn't work because Sirius didn't have a complete existence herself, so it backfired and Altair instead took over Sirius.

She's not completely omnipotent in her multiverse, but pretty dang close. The fact that Sirius is the only one who even comes close to beating her shows that, though it also shows that she has a weakness against her own abilities.

You can be ridiculously above everyone else in your entire verse and not be close to nigh-omnipotent.

Arceus is ridiculously more powerful than everything else in Pokemon, but he's definitely not Nigh-Omnipotent even though he made everything in the Pokemon universe.

Altair is not going to be nigh-omnipotent. I'm sorry.

I wrote up in another thread on why she is conceptually as broken as a character could get, but for vsbattles' purposes it makes sense for them to take her final known self with the feats she had into account.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1107844

It is so broken that this character could take down some cliché power level kings only through the merit of someone writing a fanfic about it without even needing her to be omnipotent herself, Holopsicon in itself is completely ridiculous

@Reppuzan That makes sense. She's still insanely OP, even in a multiversal sense, but I get how she can't be omnipotent.

@Airshark79 Yeah, Altair is absurdly over powered in general, but from what I understand that's how she's meant to be. In the anime Setsuna made Altair in hopes that people would love her and build on her, so the fact that she has no limit to what she can do is explained with that. Holopsicon just makes it even more obvious that she has no upper bound, as long as people still know who she is.

Altair is low 7-C to 2-C (latter due to how the audience increases her powers during the show in the last few episodes). I don't think she could take out a lot on her own, unless she removes that plot point from the story, but I do think that she could compete against high tier opponents even at 7-C because of the abilities she has even at that point.

The verse will get a revision soon with Altair getting additional haxes and possible slight stats upgrade and a meteora profile is possible too. We just have to wait for the Guidebook to get translated in Reddit but it's taking too long. So I'm thinking of either saving up and buying it and get it translated by translators or wait till it gets translated.

Cool! I'll just mention that technically, Altair could be low 2-C even at base ability. This is due to the fact that she has Ninth Movement of the Cosmos, Fate Restoration at the very beginning of the show. It's shown in the very first episode when she removes Selesia's Vogelchevalier from the story as a plot point. Therefore, it's technically possible for her to take out a universe or even multiverse with that ability, but with only that one ability.

Just thought that that should be considered when the verse is updated.

Erm... you need to go through a Content Revision Thread before you add anything like that.

Fate reconstruction is the ability to twist fate, she only used that to twist fate long enough to save setsuna has nothing to do with her ap, it's just hax.

Restoration, not Reconstruction. I checked the page on here and on the Re:Creators wiki. Fate Restoration removes a plot point from the story, and yes Reconstruction allows her to twist fate.

Still just hax, and it removes plot twist, not plot points, being able to remove plot twists doesn't mean she can create universes, it's just hax.

No no no, that's wrong.

• Holopsicon Ninth Movement of Cosmos, Fate Restoratio: An ability which gives Altair the ability to make the plot of a story disappear, essentially allowing her to be able to erase things from existence.
Directly from Altair (Re:Creators) on THIS wiki. Yes, there's an ability that does remove plot twists, but that's Thirteenth Movement, Origin Outline. The Fate Reconstruction allows her to change fate.

• Holopsicon Twenty-Third Movement of Cosmos, Fate Reconstructio: An ability which allows Altair to be able to twist fate.
Again, directly from this wiki. They may be hax, but they still raise the possibility of her removing an entire universe or multiverse if she removes it as a plot point from the story.

My bad, got them mixed up.

Whatever the case, it's just idle speculation, she has never shown the ability to erase a universe outside of being strengthen and there are no such statements that put her on such a level before being strengthened.

Being able to make the plot of a story disappear, which she does by erasing people doesn't translate to erasing an entire universes. There is a massive gap between them, and aren't in anyway comparable.

Eh, true that nothing has said outright that she can do so. Though what I said is more inference than speculation, since if she does want to remove a universe as a plot point, then she could because the ability is removing a "plot point"'s existence, not a person's existence specifically. I understand how that couldn't be used to update her rating though.

Back