• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Creators CRT #2

I didn't understand the last part, could you explain why that would be the case? I mean offsite you explained that a world parallel to a 4D universe can be 1-A as long as the relationship between them fulfills the criteria for QS by being more real and being inaccessible/unreachable.
Because Reality Equalization is a standard that's precisely meant to address cases in which the difference is between two qualitatively distinct layers of reality. As long as the scenario at hand fits that bill, it's no longer "parallel worlds" as far as we are concerned, even if the verse calls them by that name. To quote the page itself:

Additionally, Reality Equalization cannot apply to virtual worlds that exist parallelly to the real world, as those are simply alternate universes, not lower of planes of reality.

Do we need a perspective from inside a story world/narrative world to fulfill this criterion of a story world being a baseline world?
You'd need a large portion of the storyline to focus on the Storyworlds, yeah. As said on the page:

Generally, Reality Equalization should only apply in cases of reality-fiction differences between two characters, as it gives a better approximation to real-world statistics than other types of layers of reality. These layers of reality also tend to be a lot more subjective in their powers rather than objective. Characters are only considered strong from a certain perspective.

The story should focus, in large part, on the virtual world in question. While it is not required for the entire verse to take place inside the virtual world, it should be major or recurrent enough to be considered too important to leave out entirely.

The moments of the story focused on the virtual world should preferably be from the perspective of the virtual characters. This is due to the fact that Reality Equalization bases itself around the perspective of the character, as such, if this perspective isn't used in the original fiction, it has little to no point to be featured in the character's page. Those cases should simply be rated as Tier 11 if they fit the previous criteria.

Frankly, going by this, even if the Storyworlds are prominent enough to be tiered normally, I suspect that it'd just mean both them and the Real World would be treated as the baseline, instead of the baseline being the Storyworlds (Making the Real World 1-A) or the Real World (Making the Storyworlds 11-C)

If so, what is your stance on the cosmology so far?
Putting the Infinite Abyss stuff for later at the moment, as said. But honestly, as I see it, the Storyworlds are just 11-C.

You'd need a large portion of the storyline to focus on the Storyworlds, yeah.
If this is the case, then would the Birdcage fit the criteria as I have explained above??:-

If you want, there is also another structure aside from the Real World which can be used as a comparison for the Storyworlds and that is the "Birdcage" where nearly the latter half of the series takes place. It is a Closed Space that was Created + Controlled as a Live Story/Narrative Space which is neither a part of Reality nor Fantasy but a dimension that serves as a Crossover for different worlds. It was called a Replica of the Real World and was real enough to fool Altair into initially thinking it was the Real World for some time (Mind you, at that point, Altair knew how to differentiate between the Real World and the Storyworlds but couldn't do so here) until she figured out on her own that it was the Birdcage. Matter of fact, it was big and real enough to trap Altair in it and pin her down despite Altair's ability to travel into different worlds and having infinite power as well as being unaffected by the laws of any world. It is made so that even objects from the Real World (such as Machineries and Weapons) can freely exist inside it and it is a dimension separate from the Causality of the Real World and Storyworlds. It also has a starry sky and is implied to be infinite (for containing an infinite-sized realm) with an eternal flow of time (a flow of time is given since the events of the Birdcage took from Night to Early Morning in the Real World that was also reflected in the Birdcage).

Frankly, going by this, even if the Storyworlds are prominent enough to be tiered normally, I suspect that it'd just mean both them and the Real World would be treated as the baseline, instead of the baseline being the Storyworlds (Making the Real World 1-A) or the Real World (Making the Storyworlds 11-C)

If anything else, I would say Storyworlds are Parallel Worlds to Real World given I have explained multiple times above about how the entire series is focused on how the storyworlds being real as opposed to being some 11-C realms.

Though considering the Hounds of Tindalos and likely Space-Eaters (Given that Frank Belknap Long and his books are part of the series) is (one-sided) canon to the series and has supplementary information on how the Hounds (and also the Angled Space) Transcends/Surpasses Space-Time and Dimensions, wouldn't this make the Angled Space 1-A given that Space and Time are just imperfect manifestations of the Angled Space? Even though you did say it would make the Angled Space 4D or Low 2-C only that is simply going by the story alone and this additional information of Hounds and Angled Space existing beyond Space-Time and Dimensions would be sufficient evidence that physical Space-Time and Dimensions exist and that they will be imperfect manifestions of the Angled Space. Plus, according to the FAQ page too, it would be 1-A at most and Low 1-A at least. There is also the fact that the Storyworlds is stated to function as per the Multiverse Theory where the Kanji (多元宇宙論) used specifically refers to this i.e. it could be type 4 multiverse too.

So wouldn't this make the Storyworlds Low 1-A or 1-A if going by the Frank Belknap Long books???

If anything else, I would say Storyworlds are Parallel Worlds to Real World given I have explained multiple times above about how the entire series is focused on how the storyworlds being real as opposed to being some 11-C realms.
Read what I said about how them being considered "parallel worlds" in-verse doesn't matter as far as our standards go. I'm not repeating myself on this. Doesn't matter what's contained in them, either; if they're ontologically lesser than the Real World and are not the baseline setting, they are 11-C.

If this is the case, then would the Birdcage fit the criteria as I have explained above??:-
Would potentially go into what I said above (i.e. The possibility that both the Real World and the Storyworlds are to be collectively treated as the baseline of the verse). Granted, that realm seems to be an exceptional thing insofar as it's "neither reality nor fantasy" and isn't quite a Storyworld, so, don't know how it'd be tiered, if at all different from the Real World.

Back