• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

It is honestly a bit unclear (including to me) when exactly that accepted calculations can be applied without content revision threads.

If the resulting statistics changes are very uncontroversial, the feats very unquestionably reliable, there are no conflicting other accepted calculations, the changes in question will lead to self-evident improvements to the reliability of a verse, discussion regarding which characters that scale is also self-evident, and it is unlikely that the CRTs in question will get any input due to that the verses are impopular, I personally do not really mind if the changes in question are applied without a CRT, but the problem is that not all of our members will have a good sense of judgement regarding all of the above-mentioned issues.

A staff forum discussion thread should probably be created regarding how we should word rules for this issue.

Do you think that we should create such a thread, and if so, would any of you be willing and able to properly handle it?
I think it's case by case whether or not a calculation update needs a content revision. If it's just a simple math correction in which Calc Group members agree is more accurate; including the one(s) who approved the previous calc initially, then I just say update but include URL to the new blog and/or mention an update in the original blog that was edited. But if there's a lot of debates over which one is more accurate with various note worthy reasons on both sides, a Calc Group discussion may be warranted.
Thank you for the reply. 🙏🙂

However, do we need a staff only staff forum thread to determine some official standards for where to draw the line in such situations?

Is the general rule for the names of character profiles still "First Name, Last Name"? Or is it whatever's more common?
Whatever's more common. According to the Editing Rules:
  • It is preferable that the profile pages are named what the characters they represent are commonly referred as. The order of the name of Japanese characters is reversed, as their family name comes first, and then their first name, for example Monkey D. Luffy. Given that it would be confusing for visitors if we refer to him as Luffy D. Monkey, it is preferable to attempt to use the most commonly known English order for each individual character's name, whether that is the Western or Eastern version.

Can someone link me to the non standard breathing page, i'm unable to find it?

recall this thread

was this ever created if and if not do I have permission to just make the page because I need to link it and I can't list the ability on a profile as self sustenance or underwater breathing as neither would be correct

What ability is it specifically?
Non-Standard breathing

it was accepted as being this in its blog from that thread:

Non-Standard Breathing​

Summary​

Non-Standard Breathing is the ability to breathe in environments that baseline human beings would find hazardous to breathe in.

Unlike characters with Self-Sustenance, characters with Non-Standard Breathing still require sustenance through the act of breathing and cannot sustain an indefinite lack of sustenance.

Possible Uses​

• Breathing on other planets
  • Breathing under water
  • Breathing through toxic fumes

Types​

• Type 1 (Superhuman): The ability to breathe in hazardous environments such as under water, on other planets, or in poisonous gases.
  • Type 2 (Assisted): The user still requires oxygen and air, however they are able to breathe in hazardous environments through the use of apparatuses such as gas tanks.

Users​

Weaknesses​

Some users can exclusively breathe in a certain type of substance or atmosphere, and may be unable to breathe in Earth's atmosphere. If a user's breathing apparatus is taken from them, they may asphyxiate and eventually die. The ability is still dependent on the limited supply of breathable substance.

problem is its not posted anywhere even though it was accepted or at least I'm assuming it wasn't

Non-Standard breathing

Non-Standard Breathing​

Summary​

Non-Standard Breathing is the ability to breathe in environments that baseline human beings would find hazardous to breathe in.

Unlike characters with Self-Sustenance, characters with Non-Standard Breathing still require sustenance through the act of breathing and cannot sustain an indefinite lack of sustenance.

Possible Uses​

• Breathing under water

Types​

• Type 1 (Superhuman): The ability to breathe in hazardous environments such as under water, on other planets, or in poisonous gases.
  • Type 2 (Assisted): The user still requires oxygen and air, however they are able to breathe in hazardous environments through the use of apparatuses such as gas tanks.

Users​

Weaknesses​

Some users can exclusively breathe in a certain type of substance or atmosphere, and may be unable to breathe in Earth's atmosphere. If a user's breathing apparatus is taken from them, they may asphyxiate and eventually die. The ability is still dependent on the limited supply of breathable substance.

problem is its not posted anywhere even though it was accepted or at least I'm assuming it wasn't
I mean, the draft was already created but it seems that the page was never created... @Sir_Ovens.

So what if they have 2 names like Griffith/Femto from Berserk?
A little research indicates that the main name of the character is Griffith and Femto is his name after being reborn or something similar, in this case the name Griffith is used and in the name section would be placed Griffith, Femto after being reborn or smth.

Hey, can I ask for this thread to be closed? Here are the reasons:

1. The OP keeps asking for prove when he already has all the proof he needed.
  2. The OP keeps bringing up things that have been addressed by me and @RM97 , he keeps saying the aura isn't mental when the one that should proof the aura isn't purely mental is him.
  3. At this point the OP is just stonewalling

You can check the thread for this, if someone see something wrong from my statement then one can say it to me. Thank you in advance.

2. The OP keeps bringing up things that have been addressed by me and @RM97 , he keeps saying the aura isn't mental when the one that should proof the aura isn't purely mental is him.

You can check the thread for this, if someone see something wrong from my statement then one can say it to me. Thank you in advance.
We haven't finished talking about the tier 7 stuff so the thread can't be closed even if we're done talking about the sacred ancestor part, you refused to post scan when I asked, and at no point in the thread did you provide any evidence of your claim that D was breaking a small loop or machine rather than the dimension, which I had a scan for in the OP

You also tried to refute an argument I made of his aura being physical by twisting my words and making it look like I said the sacred ancestor was physical

Non-Standard breathing

Non-Standard Breathing​

Summary​

Possible Uses​

• Breathing under water

Types​

Users​

Weaknesses​

I was asking the specifics of how your character in question has non-standard breathing. But yeah, it's not yet published, so that will have to wait.

I took a look through it, and I think you sufficiently put OP's concerns to rest. Locked.

My Alerts keep saying I have 1 notification ( it goes up by 1 when I get an actual one obviously ) but I click it and nothing appears for it.
How do I fix this glitch?

My Alerts keep saying I have 1 notification ( it goes up by 1 when I get an actual one obviously ) but I click it and nothing appears for it.
How do I fix this glitch?
Click "Show All" at the bottom of the drop-down box that appears when you first click it, and then choose "Unread", it should show only notifications you haven't clicked on. For whatever reason it occasionally doesn't put them at the top of your box.

I think that's an easy task for a Bot..... Or depending on how many pages use Underwater breathing, we might be able to handle it with few moderators.

If the resulting statistics changes are very uncontroversial, the feats very unquestionably reliable, there are no conflicting other accepted calculations, the changes in question will lead to self-evident improvements to the reliability of a verse, discussion regarding which characters that scale is also self-evident, and it is unlikely that the CRTs in question will get any input due to that the verses are impopular, I personally do not really mind if the changes in question are applied without a CRT, but the problem is that not all of our members will have a good sense of judgement regarding all of the above-mentioned issues.
The sense of judgment regarding those cases will differ from member to member. I think it's better to create a thread for any type of calc change once the calc is approved.

Can someone link me to the non standard breathing page, i'm unable to find it?

recall this thread

was this ever created if and if not do I have permission to just make the page because I need to link it and I can't list the ability on a profile as self sustenance or underwater breathing as neither would be correct
What ability is it specifically?
Non-Standard breathing

Non-Standard Breathing​

Summary​

Possible Uses​

• Breathing under water

Types​

Users​

Weaknesses​

I mean, the draft was already created but it seems that the page was never created... @Sir_Ovens.
@Sir_Ovens

Would you be willing to handle this please?

Back