• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

To not derail the original thread,
This thread can't be closed, users applied the changes of a crt that upgrade the characters before any staff gave their input.
Updating feats on the profile with calcs doesn’t really require CRTs in the first place, as far as I know, at least. Antvasima on that same calc blog did not oppose its implementation but said to make a CRT just so we could determine who would scale, which we did two years ago, so I just relisted it there.
Right, looking back at it, you guys may have prematurely applied those proposed changes.
I may have. That was Shoichiro's first ever thread; I doubt he knows much about these things. Apologies for that, though I genuinely don’t think staff is necessary at all considering everything is already laid out and all.

You cannot tell me that getting a content moderator with no idea about verse or calcing to give it a "tis fine" somehow increases its credibility.

Updating feats on the profile with calcs doesn’t really require CRTs in the first place, as far as I know, at least. Antvasima on that same calc blog did not oppose its implementation but said to make a CRT just so we could determine who would scale, which we did two years ago, so I just relisted it there.
I may have. That was Shoichiro's first ever thread; I doubt he knows much about these things. Apologies for that, though I genuinely don’t think staff is necessary at all considering everything is already laid out and all.
Let's see, I could agree that I don't see so much need to do a CRT to update a calculation, but to know who scales whom, and I agree with the prematurely thing since nobody knows if there will be any opposition from another supporter of the verse or someone who wants to add something, that's why you should call the supporters and have an evaluation .....
You cannot tell me that getting a content moderator with no idea about verse or calcing to give it a "tis fine" somehow increases its credibility.
I mean, it is just applying some already accepted calculations, you can get the staff to easily support the CRT since it is practically accepted.

You don't seem to understand, no matter what, the rules state that to apply a crt to profiles staff input is needed, those are the rules.

And about how just apply a calc to the profiles is simple enough that a calc isn't needed, several times something there have been big discussions about if an approved calc is actually fine to apply or if is actually really correct, an recent example I can think with a verse I support is a thread to upgrade characters ap based on an approved calc, which after discussion showed to be actually wrong do to certain motives, which lead to the calc needing to be redone (various times actually). And since you yourself said at the beginning of the thread that a calc member told you before that the feat was almost uncalculable, I think would be quite good if said calc member is contacted to see the calc and say if there is some problem that maybe the calc member that approved the calc didn't notice.

Let's see, I could agree that I don't see so much need to do a CRT to update a calculation, but to know who scales whom, and I agree with the prematurely thing since nobody knows if there will be any opposition from another supporter of the verse or someone who wants to add something, that's why you should call the supporters and have an evaluation .....
Only Creaturemaster and I are active supporters, and yes, we did agree on that scaling a while ago, and I know his opinions aren't any different because there is another CRT that covers scaling, and he hasn't said anything different, so who am I supposed to call -_-.
I mean, it is just applying some already accepted calculations, you can get the staff to easily support the CRT since it is practically accepted.
That's kinda what I'm getting at, just getting someone with a shiny name to say "fine" is easy; but it adds nothing at all. I just bothered someone for no reason and that's all.
You don't seem to understand, no matter what, the rules state that to apply a crt to profiles staff input is needed, those are the rules.
There is no rule written anywhere that says staff must be present in every single CRT, no matter what it is. How much input a thread needs is dependent upon how controversial the verse is, what CRT changes, and the verse's popularity, or so I know.
I can think with a verse I support is a thread to upgrade characters ap based on an approved calc,
The thing is, unlike Spy x Family, AC won't have more than three people looking at it unless I go write a message to every staff member; either way, only about two will come, I know that from that other AP thread. I also don't think that thread and this thread are comparable, but I get your point.

Apreicate that SxF grind btw, anime is going pretty good.
And since you yourself said at the beginning of the thread that a calc member told you before that the feat was almost uncalculable, I think would be quite good if said calc member is contacted to see the calc and say if there is some problem that maybe the calc member that approved the calc didn't notice.
I did not say that; I wouldn't even know. When I first brought that feat up, some calc member said it'd be really hard to calculate it using those scans, hence my saying, "I thought that feat was almost uncalcable."

I mean, gladly? If I could I'd run every calc through 3 calc members at least, but eh, y'know how it goes, the fact it is evaluated is gud.

There is no rule written anywhere that says staff must be present in every single CRT, no matter what it is. How much input a thread needs is dependent upon how controversial the verse is, what CRT changes, and the verse's popularity, or so I know.
  • Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.
The rules specify that before make changes to pages is needed the evaluation of staff, the discussion rules says that and everyone (except new member) in the wiki know that, though if you claim that there have be crts in which changes applied without staff input then please share them so the involved users can be officially warned about how said thing isn't allowed.
The thing is, unlike Spy x Family, AC won't have more than three people looking at it unless I go write a message to every staff member; either way, only about two will come, I know that from that other AP thread. I also don't think that thread and this thread are comparable, but I get your point.
That isn't a excuse at all, there are several verses far less populars and with less supporters and that don't mean they can just simple apply the changes of their crt without staff input, they follow the rules like everyone else and seek and wait for staff input.
I did not say that; I wouldn't even know. When I first brought that feat up, some calc member said it'd be really hard to calculate it using those scans, hence my saying, "I thought that feat was almost uncalcable."
Your words, not mine. So considering that is likely better to ask that calc member if possible to take a look at the calc and see if there is any problem, if he don't answed then fine to continue with the crt but there is nothing wrong with trying to make sure everything is right.

• Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.
Yeah, that is correct. Never have I said staff are not needed in CRTs where notables changes happen. Now show me where it says staff must be present in every single CRT, no matter what it is, like you claim to be.
Your words, not mine. So considering that is likely better to ask that calc member if possible to take a look at the calc and see if there is any problem, if he don't answed then fine to continue with the crt but there is nothing wrong with trying to make sure everything is right.
You are the who got "A calc member told me before that the feat was almost uncalculable," from "And here I thought that feat was almost uncalcable due to what a calc member told me a while ago.", that's your interpretation, which isn't necessarily incorrect, but you can't really say it as fact.

As for that calc member, I'm pretty sure he quit the wiki.
That isn't a excuse at all, there are several verses far less populars and with less supporters and that don't mean they can just simple apply the changes of their crt without staff input, they follow the rules like everyone else and seek and wait for staff input.
It was not? Just telling you that the input difference between the two is expected, and yeah, dude, I get that; there were 8 threads on AC and 1 thread on Majin Tantei, with Majin Tantei being something only I have any knowledge on in the entire site probably, that I had to seek and wait for staff input on, but in this case, I simply don't think it's necessary; it's such a simple, laid-out, already practically accepted thing with no real changes other than giving the rating they had a value.

Was it a premature decision, as Just_a_Random_Butler put it?

I don't think so, but I totally see why he'd say that; and I made my apology there. And that should've been the end of it, frankly.

This continued sequence of posts from me and you should have been at the wall of either of us, honestly; this heavily derails this thread as well at this point, and I don't care enough to do so, so I'll just drop it here.

Don't want to derail more the thread or continue this back and forth so will only say one last thing, if you want to apply changes from a crt and affect characters statics then you need staff approval, those are the rules and the reason there don't are threads were said behaviour is accepted and is instead officially punished (either with a warning when minor and a ban when more serious) when reported in the rules violation thread.

can anyone with the authority
I don't have the authority
:withered:

Last edited:

It is honestly a bit unclear (including to me) when exactly that accepted calculations can be applied without content revision threads.

If the resulting statistics changes are very uncontroversial, the feats very unquestionably reliable, there are no conflicting other accepted calculations, the changes in question will lead to self-evident improvements to the reliability of a verse, discussion regarding which characters that scale is also self-evident, and it is unlikely that the CRTs in question will get any input due to that the verses are impopular, I personally do not really mind if the changes in question are applied without a CRT, but the problem is that not all of our members will have a good sense of judgement regarding all of the above-mentioned issues.

A staff forum discussion thread should probably be created regarding how we should word rules for this issue.

@AKM sama @Promestein @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz

Do you think that we should create such a thread, and if so, would any of you be willing and able to properly handle it?

Also, @Dereck03 , what should we do about @Thedent , given that his wiki account was permanently banned? Should I give him a final chance by reducing his ban time to 2 or 3 months, but apply it here in this forum as well?

Or should I just rename his forum account to Fortzy62782, and then permanently ban that as well?

Well, since you seem to be regretful and have both tried to be honest and already been banned for roughly a month, maybe we can try to be nice in this case and just apply a block of another month if you promise to try to not cause any more problems for us in the future.

Well, since you seem to be regretful and have both tried to be honest and already been banned for roughly a month, maybe we can try to be nice in this case and just apply a block of another month if you promise to try to not cause any more problems for us in the future.
Well, I could accept this.. should I reduce his block to 1 month instead?

It is honestly a bit unclear (including to me) when exactly that accepted calculations can be applied without content revision threads.

If the resulting statistics changes are very uncontroversial, the feats very unquestionably reliable, there are no conflicting other accepted calculations, the changes in question will lead to self-evident improvements to the reliability of a verse, discussion regarding which characters that scale is also self-evident, and it is unlikely that the CRTs in question will get any input due to that the verses are impopular, I personally do not really mind if the changes in question are applied without a CRT, but the problem is that not all of our members will have a good sense of judgement regarding all of the above-mentioned issues.

A staff forum discussion thread should probably be created regarding how we should word rules for this issue.

@AKM sama @Promestein @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz

Do you think that we should create such a thread, and if so, would any of you be willing and able to properly handle it?
I think it's case by case whether or not a calculation update needs a content revision. If it's just a simple math correction in which Calc Group members agree is more accurate; including the one(s) who approved the previous calc initially, then I just say update but include URL to the new blog and/or mention an update in the original blog that was edited. But if there's a lot of debates over which one is more accurate with various note worthy reasons on both sides, a Calc Group discussion may be warrented.

I think it's case by case whether or not a calculation update needs a content revision. If it's just a simple math correction in which Calc Group members agree is more accurate; including the one(s) who approved the previous calc initially, then I just say update but include URL to the new blog and/or mention an update in the original blog that was edited. But if there's a lot of debates over which one is more accurate with various note worthy reasons on both sides, a Calc Group discussion may be warrented.
These are my thoughts as well.

Sorry, I want to ask how to enter the calc group. I want to calc Anos .

Back