• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

That is a good idea. I am very open to good suggestions in that regard.

I think that Mario is so extremely distinctive that it seems unnecessary.
Eh, there's even other pages on the site named Mario as well, it's rather easy to mix up, which is the main reason more specific titles are done on the pages to begin with.

Anyways...

In cases where a page title is too generic to be recognizable on its own, such as being a common name from a public domain character (often a notable mythological or historical figure), a common name or nickname ("Alice", "Nick"), or a name originally written in logogram (for example, Chinese names), they should have a parenthesis that clarifies the verse the character is from, or otherwise the name of the entry of the series they debuted in, among others, depending on the ruling criteria they fit. It's to be noted that the examples aren't exhaustive, and should be evaluated in a case-by-case basis.
This would go in the Editing Rules, preferably right after the current rules on naming pages.

Eh, there's even other pages on the site named Mario as well, it's rather easy to mix up, which is the main reason more specific titles are done on the pages to begin with.

Anyways...
On an unrelated note, the Mario example may become invalid as there is an ongoing CRT for Mario and separating different Mario is one of the potential options.
Uh... wrong thread?
My mistake.

"In cases where a page title is too generic to be recognizable on its own, such as being a common name from a public domain character (often a notable mythological or historical figure), a common name or nickname ("Alice", "Nick"), or a name originally written in logogram (for example, Chinese names), they should have a parenthesis that clarifies the verse the character is from, or otherwise the name of the entry of the series they debuted in, among others, depending on the ruling criteria they fit. It's to be noted that the examples aren't exhaustive, and should be evaluated in a case-by-case basis."

This would go in the Editing Rules, preferably right after the current rules on naming pages.
@DontTalkDT @AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Andytrenom @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Damage3245

What do you think about this?

Thank you. We can probably apply it then, but let's wait for a bit more input in order to make certain first.

Thank you for the evaluations.

@Bobsican

Is this roughly what you had in mind?

I made a page and I need someone to lock it

I made a page and I need someone to lock it
Elizhaa handled it.

Not sure where else to post this but.

I was trying to add a WatchFrameByFrame link to a calc blog I made and I got banned for the #5071 error, saying that it was blacklisted. Here is my report to the SOAP wiki

Even though I have used WatchFrameByFrame many times before without issue.

Oh, that might be a serious problem, but it seems like your account was not banned when I checked:

Most likely your current IP address was used by a vandal at some point, and it was a coincidence that the IP block happened in conjunction with your edit, or so I think.

You can link to this post for a confirmation from me that you are a consistently well-behaved and constructive contributor.

If that does not work, I will contact Fandom directly about it.

Oh, that might be a serious problem, but it seems like your account was not banned when I checked:

It was actually wrongfully banned by Fandom two years ago for "spam" reasons I believe, for about a month, I told you about that too. Of course, the ban could be circumvented just by refreshing or logging off and logging back on but it kept coming back at times up until the ban period was over. But for some reason it never showed up on my block log.

Most likely your current IP address was used by a vandal at some point, and it was a coincidence that the IP block happened in conjunction with your edit, or so I think.
Weird, that should not be happening. I've only ever used VPNs when I faced internet outages or I was sure that my country was censoring access.

You can link to this post for a confirmation from me that you are a consistently well-behaved and constructive contributor.

If that does not work, I will contact Fandom directly about it.
'Kay.

Okay so I got a report back, it was an old-ass filter from 2010 and was causing severe problems across Fandom. It has been fixed now, I carried out an edit without issues.

Okay so I got a report back, it was an old-ass filter from 2010 and was causing severe problems across Fandom. It has been fixed now, I carried out an edit without issues.
R.aae3da3db93359863f6f10028eda2480

I had to do it, but is good that it's fixed!

Okay. That is great then.

Back