• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

There's a difference, comic relief are specifically characters that the comedy in a series focuses around, no matter what the actual series is like, while comedy characters are characters that come from a comedy.

Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a comedy character but not a comic relief character, because he's from a comedy but is not the focus of most of the jokes, Jack Sparrow is a comic relief character because most of the gags in PotC being centered around him, despite the series as a whole being more action then comedy, and Mr. Bean is both, because he is Mr. Bean.

Now, both the categories are fairly misused, but still
That is correct, yes. Thank you for providing a good explanation.

There's a difference, comic relief are specifically characters that the comedy in a series focuses around, no matter what the actual series is like, while comedy characters are characters that come from a comedy.

Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a comedy character but not a comic relief character, because he's from a comedy but is not the focus of most of the jokes, Jack Sparrow is a comic relief character because most of the gags in PotC being centered around him, despite the series as a whole being more action then comedy, and Mr. Bean is both, because he is Mr. Bean.

Now, both the categories are fairly misused, but still
Honestly it seems impractical to have categories to characters just for the kind of thematic their setting is, rather than such thing being on the verse page instead.

I don't think that is good enough either. My apologies.

It isn't a very nice looking image, it isn't rendered, and the cheerful expression and pose seems wrong for the personality type of this character.

I don't notice that kind of expression in the above video clip. My apologies, but your suggestion has been rejected, and this is the wrong thread to talk about it in the first place.

Request for moving Darcia to Darcia (Wolfs Rain) because Darcia from The Death Mage that doesn't want a fourth time exists.
Request for moving Clover to Clover (Cloverfield) because Clover from Inanimate Insanity exists.

Looking at the ls for this page, and two of the links show this:

404.jpg

Request for moving Darcia to Darcia (Wolfs Rain) because Darcia from The Death Mage that doesn't want a fourth time exists.
Request for moving Clover to Clover (Cloverfield) because Clover from Inanimate Insanity exists.
I have handled it.

I handled the redirect links as well.

Okay. Thanks anyway.

I hope that the content moderators that I called for above are willing to handle it.

Where exactly are those two links located? The profiles has quite a number of links that I would need to check if I want to find them on my own.

The page itself seems to have been made rather recently, so I guess those two links where added to a previous Samus Aran page that was used for this one and that I would need to check the history of that previous page?

Is it just me or do the Legendary Suit and the Post-Fusion profiles for Samus Aran have tabbers without images?

I said lifting strength
Ah, I see. ls must have been for Lifting Strength. I've removed the links. I'm still not sure how exactly I should approach investigating who added them but I noticed that the two links differ from each other despite seemingly leading to the same page and I've also noticed that said page says "Metroid Databased Page not found". Could it be that we are dealing with some outdated scans here?

It would have to be reworked to only contain images from and references to the original Frank Miller graphic novel universe in that case, including the continuations. The animated movies are not identical to them, just similar.
Huh what a coincidence, I was just checking this today and with a quick forum search it seems to have been brought up already two months ago.

Anyway to me it seems like the contents of the profile is referencing the graphic novel rather than the cartoon. Perhaps a simple change of the image should be fine enough, as well as renaming the profiles to be something like Millerverse in order to include other Frank Miller Batman works that take place in the sme universe.

Ah, I see. ls must have been for Lifting Strength. I've removed the links. I'm still not sure how exactly I should approach investigating who added them but I noticed that the two links differ from each other despite seemingly leading to the same page and I've also noticed that said page says "Metroid Databased Page not found". Could it be that we are dealing with some outdated scans here?
Aha. So it was not a case of trolling then, just missing images?

Huh what a coincidence, I was just checking this today and with a quick forum search it seems to have been brought up already two months ago.

Anyway to me it seems like the contents of the profile is referencing the graphic novel rather than the cartoon. Perhaps a simple change of the image should be fine enough, as well as renaming the profiles to be something like Millerverse in order to include other Frank Miller Batman works that take place in the same universe.
That seems fine to me. Feel free to do so.

Okay. Have you investigated at what point in time that they were added and by who?

Added images from the graphic novel for Frank Miller's versions of Batman and Joker. Need an admin to change the name and the tabber to Millerverse (and move it to the comic section) though.

Added images from the graphic novel for Frank Miller's versions of Batman and Joker. Need an admin to change the name and the tabber to Millerverse (and move it to the comic section) though.
Please explain exactly what you need me or some other staff member to do please.

Back